[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

the carpool idea in your is probably the most sound; if it seats 5, we split gas 4 ways thats 25-30$ a pop (assuming we fill the car). Then room cost is another issue as well, 120 a night unless we have housing. I can ask Sporko if he can house us, since he lives outside philly about 20mins. He was gracious enough to house us before.

How's that sound?

-Idle

Oh yeah I told Partisan I'd go to that a while back. I don't know what relative direction you guys are in, but a ride would be pretty cool. I was just gonna take the bus.

as far as SJ goes, everything sounds good with carpool idea, i will pitch in my portion towards gas and hotel costs(if that is our only option for housing) and some snacks for the trip if we are pressed for time and cant really afford to make food stops.

I'm down for Summerjam. I don't have a job as of this coming Sunday! So yeah, first time I've had weekends off to go to tourneys since... well since we were having BONE weeklies...at FAGs... (had to be done)

But yeah, assuming I am not dead broke by the time the tourney comes around, I am totally in.

ive decided that im not gonna go to SJ afterall cuz of stuff and other stuff. sorry guys :rollseyes:

so.. i was thinkin we leave sometime early asscrack friday morning and head home either sunday night or mon morning depending on yous guys' schedules. however...

problem. based on the responses, there seems to be 5 people interested in 4 seats in my car (Justkill, Lasercakes, Idlemind, Kikaleek & NightBlade [yuuup])

solution. fight to the death.

ps i wish HervE was going with us for the vince lombardi pacman challenge rematch!!

yeah we need to get this straightened so we can work out travel arrangements/car assignments ect

so people need to post up

-Idle

Well, given that we need to assign spots in cars, we should begin with goofus' first. Also if you need housing, which you probably do. So it's mostly a cost-issue, making sure people have enough to afford it. Right now, I don't NEED a ride, so I will not take up spots unless necessary, so goofus car list is:

Goofus
Justkill

with 3 open spots for claim

Jian is still a maybe, so claiming space in goofus' car would be best.

Sporko's is out, so we also need to figure out if it get's too cramped if we gotta grab an extra room.

The room is booked Fri-Sat, we will presumably leave Fri afternoon and leave to come back Sunday evening, late.

Each extra person in the room reduces the cost of the room, though typically we use it to stash our stuff, and pass out later. I recommend bringing a sleeping bag or air mattress, just in case. It always helps. You can comfortably run 4-5 in a room with no problem, as the room has 2 beds and usually a cot too.

Overall cost estimate (which is HIGH for safety reasons- including food, gas, tournament entry, blow money and room) rounds out to about 120$ a person assuming you fill up the car and the room. That's honestly, pretty damn cheap for a weekend outing at a major too. I blew like 700 in 2 days at EVO in 09, lol.

oh yeah

REGISTER ONLINE TO SAVE CASH, SEE POST ABOVE MINE FOR LINK

-Idle

Ok I can afford all that. So which direction from Burlington, MA, do I drive to get in Goofus's car?

You will have to ask mr goofus about that, shooting him a pm or posting here would be the easiest way to do that.

Do you know if Gazer is still interested in coming?

-Idle

I'm 95% sure I'm going at this point, just gotta register online and what not. I'd like to get a final head count before thinking about getting another room.

So as far as I know, we have

Idlemind
Goofus
Justkill
Kikaleek
Nightblade
Myself

and possibly

Lasercakes
Gazer
Y-Disciple

I wonder if we should Ivan to go as well?

i can't go , i'm too broke so GG . just gonna wait for SC5 and possibly maybe IdleMind can host some shiz at GU . by then , i'd be able to drive .

Jian, when I get my drivers license (which will be soon because I'm getting drivers lessons) hopefully ill be able to join you and your friends to tournaments.

I def want to go, i would like spot in car if possible, i would offer to drive but i am probably not going to get any sleep so it would be better if i didn't drive. would be pretty bomb if we got 2 rooms side by side and open the doors like last time.

Back