[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

the goofus session will be sunday OCT 16. i live in the center of natick so if your interested pm me for my address. just like the sessions i used to host but more room. its gonna be sc4+tekken6+whatever
no interest? dam scrubs

so i dont suppose anyone is interested in fightnight@GU tomorrow night? ill be there as well as NightBeastBlade eehhhh

and i was thinking just the opposite Jian LOL :evilgrin:

and yes i still have all my brackets...like where Silver beat Vicious EEEHHHH

Going to GU tonight to session. Gazer/Lasercakes/Kikaleek/Nightblade will be there, as well as teh p00nmangler most likely. Anyone else interested, drop on by after 5.

Some thoughts on last nights session:

Lasercakes: In being passive, you haven't quite crossed the threshold into understanding that when turtling your job isn't just to wait and see what they are going to do- it's that you need to parse down what the opponent is likely to do based on what you've seen them do, and their character, then you choose your options to deal with them from there.

Gazer: You have gotten better, but you are still trying to play this game like it's a reaction test. You cant GI everything. You can't flinch duck everytime someone runs up to you. You can't throw out unsafe moves and never mixup in many situations. Everytime I see you do something that is a habit, I file it away, save it for later and when I need some guaranteed damage, I bait the habit and exploit it.

Your stepping on the other hand has gotten a ton better, but you don't whiff confirm your punishes- when you do step 3B, you do it regardless of the confirm of a whiff, and you get punished for it. Now I'm going to go into the lab vs your char and we'll see how it goes next time.

Kikaleek: I can say without equivocation you are a better player than me now, I think Cass just gets in your head and you weren't on point with your punishes. Also, when you go into FC, you almost always iMCF. As we played the match, I was able to sift through your setups more and more. If you get your execution and punishes down, I'm sure Cass v Yosh would've worked out a better. You've already made Asta vs Yosh so much no-fun I never want to play it again ever haha.

Narcotic: Didn't get to play you; but talking with you after it's obvious your stay in SF has expanded the way you think about FG's- if you can begin to apply what you learned there to SF, you will do great in SC5.

I'll probably be down next Friday as well, I'll try and make it Tuesdays too so Mister Matrix and TEH P00NMANGLER can make it, since they both have Friday obligations.

Also, when I showed LuckyD SC5 Mitsu 2KB EX into CE... BALL JUICE EVERYWHERE

People showed up to GU last night for SC4 action?!; Damn it!!!...will this continue to happen until the release of SC5?

Some thoughts on last nights session:

Lasercakes: In being passive, you haven't quite crossed the threshold into understanding that when turtling your job isn't just to wait and see what they are going to do- it's that you need to parse down what the opponent is likely to do based on what you've seen them do, and their character, then you choose your options to deal with them from there.

Gazer: You have gotten better, but you are still trying to play this game like it's a reaction test. You cant GI everything. You can't flinch duck everytime someone runs up to you. You can't throw out unsafe moves and never mixup in many situations. Everytime I see you do something that is a habit, I file it away, save it for later and when I need some guaranteed damage, I bait the habit and exploit it.

Your stepping on the other hand has gotten a ton better, but you don't whiff confirm your punishes- when you do step 3B, you do it regardless of the confirm of a whiff, and you get punished for it. Now I'm going to go into the lab vs your char and we'll see how it goes next time.

Kikaleek: I can say without equivocation you are a better player than me now, I think Cass just gets in your head and you weren't on point with your punishes. Also, when you go into FC, you almost always iMCF. As we played the match, I was able to sift through your setups more and more. If you get your execution and punishes down, I'm sure Cass v Yosh would've worked out a better. You've already made Asta vs Yosh so much no-fun I never want to play it again ever haha.

Narcotic: Didn't get to play you; but talking with you after it's obvious your stay in SF has expanded the way you think about FG's- if you can begin to apply what you learned there to SF, you will do great in SC5.

I'll probably be down next Friday as well, I'll try and make it Tuesdays too so Mister Matrix and TEH P00NMANGLER can make it, since they both have Friday obligations.

Also, when I showed LuckyD SC5 Mitsu 2KB EX into CE... BALL JUICE EVERYWHERE

Wish Chicago did stuff like this.

Hey Y'all,

I need to come up and glean some of that wisdom from you so I can start being more competitive and I also need as much help as I can get so I can beat Malice at Jaxeldome at the end of the month. Do you guys get together every Friday and who do I PM to get an address?

Well, according to the reception I get everywhere I go, I'm as out of towner as they get. Just hit me up with a PM on where to go, address please, and what time to be there and I'll bring the chips and soda.

Back