[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

Alright guys! Today will be our first day for casuals at TNT Pizza! Remember, it's $5 venue. Most of our systems will be 360 but you guys can bring PS3s if you want. Bring your own controller/stick. Ivan plans to run a live stream as well so I'll post a link to that later. We start at 4PM and plan on ending at 2AM. The address is 548 South Street, Holyoke, MA 01040. So put it in your GPS, Google Maps, whatever. I hope to see you guys here!

Interesting. i'll try to make it out on my way to work.

I live about 30 mins from Keene, so I am thrilled at the idea! Any plans for a venue in mind yet or is this gonna be at Franklin Pierce?

I have the best western in mind. The GM is a gamer and I've already spoken to him prior. I'll be giving them a call to get the rates. But tell me about the Frankin Pierce location. I have a facebook page that I"ll use to announce the event, once money has been exchanged with a venue.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002962148776

I live about 30 mins from Keene, so I am thrilled at the idea! Any plans for a venue in mind yet or is this gonna be at Franklin Pierce?
I really don't know anything about Franklin Pierce or much about Keene for that matter. Would Franklin Pierce be a good place for a sizable event? (running tournies for multiple games so let's prepare for the possibility of 30 - 50 people total)

Anyway, what I had in mind was what we've been discussing on SRK:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-england-ct-ma-me-nh-ri-vt.153637

Best Western Hotel Keene, NH
March 10th or March 24th. (leaning more to March 24th)
Venue $15 / Tourney $10

EDIT: Oh hey Tito! Nice to see you on here too.

Realyst - your best bet for any consistent casual in CT would be to try and get a hold of Essex/kryonik because they live in or near New Haven, which is closest to you. Myself being from Northeastern CT, I'm actually closer to many of the MA venues, so I'll be playing out there more. If Grimace decides to get into SCV in earnest, then perhaps I'll start holding casual at my place again. I'll certainly let you know if anythings going down on CT.

Cla - very nice job on getting the unlock thread going. Keep up the good work!

*EDIT* - Cla, March 24th would be the Saturday before the March installment of B.O.N.E, which may hurt your attendance for SCV, just FYI.

Yea, Essex, Kryonic and a few others get together every week for Marvel now. But we are all in the position if just learning. I haven't played sc in 3 years. Was looking for folks that have been playing more often that could teach us a thing or two.

North Station is pretty easy for me to get to. My only problem is getting back because the last bus to Manchester leaves Boston at 11pm, and I don't know how late these things go.
I usually stay until they kick me out, ~2 AM or so. I have plenty of couch space that you could crash on and take a bus the next day.

SCV is sick. Dampierre didn't wow me like I thought he would, Yoshi seems cool but gimmicky, Ivy and Cervy both look solid but hard to get the hang of, and I'm really liking Viola and Z.W.E.I. Probably going to main Viola until I get a hang of the engine and then maybe reconsider Ivy.

Also, blueNINE, good to see you over here as well =P

*EDIT* - Cla, March 24th would be the Saturday before the March installment of B.O.N.E, which may hurt your attendance for SCV, just FYI.
Ok, then maybe we should shoot for March 10th afterall.

Hey, where exactly is B.O.N.E anyway?

Realyst, I'd be down to come play with you guys sometime. Is the Wed. the only time you guys play together?

Fox, I am only free tomorrow but if you want to go ahead on Friday to talk to Jake, feel free to do so.

Also where the heck is the BONE Tourny Announcement?!

Really cool to have been able to meet and play with some of you guys last night at TnT. Thanks to Ivan for putting a nice casual session together. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. GG's to everyone I played.

Jian - no sweat, I'll actually be talking to Tom today about setting something up. We'll get together again soon.

Cla - BONE is held at Game Underground on Rt.9 in Framingham, MA.

I'm with Jian, where's the BONE thread? *glares at Nightblade*

Let's not get our panties in a knot ;P I had to wait on the DJ ruling, and then after that I had to ask Jamie and Alana on Tuesday if the last Sunday of every month was cool. They're cool with it, so I'll make a thread.

Jia, actually Wednesday is a extra day. Thursdays are when we have the main sessions. Like from 7pm to like midnight or 1am.
Will, pm me your number and the address you guys are playing at tonight, I'll see about stopping by later :)

Currently in very serious talks with GamePlayUSA staff about hosting a big tourney on Saturday, March 17th (St.Patricks Day). Games would be Soul Calibur 5, Street Fighter x Tekken, UMvC3, and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. Tourneys would run all day, from 1pm - 9pm.We will try and run each tourney about 2 hours(1pm-3pm,3pm-5pm,5pm-7pm,7pm-9pm) Venue fee would be $10, with each tourney being $5 entry.

We are also discussing having the venue remain open from 9pm-Midnight, where you could play casual, or we'd do SCV team tourney or Tekken 6. Players wishing to remain after 9pm may have to pay an additional $5 venue fee. None of this is definitive or set in stone just yet, but that's the plan. I would get a thread up ASAP after finalizing the details, but I'm going to need some help. I may need someone to help me run the 2D tourneys (at least UMvC3 and SSF4:AE) with another laptop, and I'm also wondering how many of you would be willing to bring your ASUS-EVO monitors as setups.

Please let me know what you think of this guys, we need HYPE. This could be BIG.

Currently in very serious talks with GamePlayUSA staff about hosting a big tourney on Saturday, March 17th (St.Patricks Day). Games would be Soul Calibur 5, Street Fighter x Tekken, UMvC3, and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. Tourneys would run all day, from 1pm - 9pm.We will try and run each tourney about 2 hours(1pm-3pm,3pm-5pm,5pm-7pm,7pm-9pm) Venue fee would be $10, with each tourney being $5 entry.

We are also discussing having the venue remain open from 9pm-Midnight, where you could play casual, or we'd do SCV team tourney or Tekken 6. Players wishing to remain after 9pm may have to pay an additional $5 venue fee. None of this is definitive or set in stone just yet, but that's the plan. I would get a thread up ASAP after finalizing the details, but I'm going to need some help. I may need someone to help me run the 2D tourneys (at least UMvC3 and SSF4:AE) with another laptop, and I'm also wondering how many of you would be willing to bring your ASUS-EVO monitors as setups.

Please let me know what you think of this guys, we need HYPE. This could be BIG.
Any chance of getting MK at this? I'd be willing to bring a setup for it and run the brackets.

That would be cool. Bonus if MK is added. $10 venue fee is higher than usual, $5 entry for games is less than usual, and paying an additional $5 for casuals afterwards would be too much, I think
DSB, I highly recommend posting about the tourney in the Massachusetts thread on SRK as well.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...uuseettsss-framingham-tues-fri.52066/page-123
True story.

That would be cool. Bonus if MK is added. $10 venue fee is higher than usual, $5 entry for games is less than usual, and paying an additional $5 for casuals afterwards would be too much, I think

Yeah, tourney pot fees should be (at least for new/capcom games) $10 I think. Venue fee is up to you, but nobody is going to be excited for a $10.

I agree, $5 for staying later will pretty much tell everyone to go home, myself included. After a long day of tournaments and money spending, assuming you spend the day there, the last thing people want is to spend more money - especially on casuals. Either that or people are just spoiled that GU lets people stay for free after tourneys. XD

Even an extra $1 per person seems too much, but I bet people would be willing to pay that.

Bluenine, I'm going to be bringing my PS3 stick in for you to take a look at (finally) on Friday. You gonna be around?

I appreciate your input, guys. The reason I wanted to make the entry fees only $5 is so that people could enter multiple tournaments without going broke. I realize a $10 venue fee may SEEM "steep", but I just paid a $5 venue fee to play casuals at TnT Pizza last night, and let's be honest, as a purely gaming venue, it pales to GPUSA. Plus, this is a new venture at a new venue that makes it's money selling time on consoles they provide. Sure, we would provide a lot of our own setups, but space/power etc. they need compensation. Every new venue will not be as lenient on allowing us Carte Blanche to do as we see fit like GU. Plus, we'll be running 4 separate tournaments, not just SCV. if you think upping the entry to $10 for SFxTekken, UMvC3, and SCV would be best, then I'll go with the will of the players.

As far as paying $5 for them to remain open until Midnight/after close, like I said nothing is set in stone, but again, they are a business and need to profit. Paying $5 to remain for another 3 hours doesn't really seem too unreasonable to me. Plus, as I said, we could run more tourneys like SCV teams, Tekken 6, or even MK like people are asking about. Maybe they will wave the fee in a show of good faith, or maybe I can get them to waive it if you are entering one of the "side" tourneys.

Also, I don't have an SRK account (GASP), would someone be willing to C&P my post into that thread?
Thanks guys, let's keep the discussion going.

*EDIT- a quick crunch of numbers:
Venue - $10
UMvC3 - $5
SSF4:AE - $5
SCV - $5
SFxT - $5
"Possible" additional venue fee - $5
That's only $35 dollars to play in 4 tournaments from 1-9pm. That's really not a lot of money. If I raised the entry of all 4 tournaments to $10, it would only be $50 to participate in 4 separate tourneys. Is that REALLY so unreasonable? And if they let us stay for free from 9-Midnight, would you guys have money left to enter a team tourney, MK/T6 tourney or money match?

Back