New SCV CRITICAL GAUGE / METER - Information and Discussion

As long as you can't get stripped to your undies again it's an improvement.
It was a childish decision back then in SC4, thank god if this isn't the case anymore in 5.

As long as you can't get stripped to your undies again it's an improvement.
It was a childish decision back then in SC4, thank god if this isn't the case anymore in 5.
With this new creator I'm sure there will be plenty of outfits you will want to destroy though lol

well im start realising that the new GI is for this situations...imagine you are just being guard breaked, and you are about to die, all the viewers of the tournament think you are dead at this point, but wait!...you have 50% of the gauge, the only thing you can do is make a GI to save your ass XD, and you perform the GI, and the crowd yells because you make a come back from hell XD

well im start realising that the new GI is for this situations...imagine you are just being guard breaked, and you are about to die, all the viewers of the tournament think you are dead at this point, but wait!...you have 50% of the gauge, the only thing you can do is make a GI to save your ass XD, and you perform the GI, and the crowd yells because you make a come back from hell XD
If your talking about guard burst I don't think you can GI during that animation

Not sure were to put these,but oh well..
adef.jpg
bdef.jpg
cdef.jpg
edef.jpg
fdef.jpg
gdef.jpg
ddef.jpg

Edited first post with better, updated information based on what they showed at NEC.

I want to talk about the new JG (Just Guard) system. Because of the new Guard Impact system, it seems like Daishi wants us to rely less on GI and a bit more JG instead.

+50% meter is a bit too much for GI in my opinion, especially since you still lose it even on whiff. The cost of guessing wrong and whiffing a GI is too much now, since you eat punishment damage AND meter loss.

On the other hand, I'm open-minded to the new JG system they're trying to encourage more, since it's more newcomer friendly -- the direction Project Soul wants to take the series.

Will try to elaborate later and gather more info. Anyone have thoughts?

I don't like the idea of guard impacts being linked to the soul gauge that much. We should have a playable demo out by now. I wana see how it feels in game play.

Not sure if anybody mentioned this yet, but... can you GI unblockables now? And 4A+B+K GI Gis all hitlevels?

Thanks! JIs also don't exist anymore right?

Just impacts still are in this game and are definitely more practical to do since you don't need meter to do it compared to the GI, also if you whiff a just impact you'll just remain in guard so its hella safe, no risk maaaaaaaad reward!

Just impacts still are in this game and are definitely more practical to do since you don't need meter to do it compared to the GI, also if you whiff a just impact you'll just remain in guard so its hella safe, no risk maaaaaaaad reward!
That's not a JI it is a new mechanic called Just Guard.

Okay I don't know if you can still Just impact in Soul Calibur: V but, since GI costs meter now. Should Project Soul go back to allowing regular GI's work against grabs? It was extremely difficult and, rare for that to even occur in SC4

Back