Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I've noticed that with a GS A next to a wall, you can get off 3 seperate 4KK's. Rather crazy if you ask me that it can do that. You can also do 3 of them off of the GS K BE wall splat.

I was having trouble with this at first. After ch wr(b) you have to a+b right away. Any delay and it wont relaunch. I missed so much damage because I fail at basic combos. :/

for example, 3B 3B is a combo on pyrrha but not nightmare
this is also working for nm

best dmg so far for wall combo:
launcher to GS K BE {W!} 4KK, 4KK, 3B

CH GS A, 6B, NSS K, 2A+B 72 dmg

tech traps:
after OTG 2B+K BE :
-3B is tech trap (plz test more)
-1A is tech trap (but can be negated with late crouch guard)

random fact:
the windows to activate Brave Edge is quite large here are some uses
-during GS K,2B+K BE (activate BE late and suprise your opponent)
-after 4K (you can hit confirm the BE activation, but 4K BE:B should be mainly use as a punisher IMO)

Can you really hit confirm gsk be? You had to mash the shit out of back during the Ezio build. It would be great for 4k as well.

This works on Nightmare, but not Pyrrah. If you don't GS after a 66K hit into wall you can get a 4KK. So the iWRB stuff works there to. Nice damage for no meter.

66k, w, 4KK, w, iWR{B}, A+B, 2A+B. 107 dmg

I don't think anything is guaranteed after GS K BE

Also I've noticed that if your a little slow with the BE input for 4K, it won't always be a NC. So that one is probably not ideal for hit confirming.
I've noticed that with a GS A next to a wall, you can get off 3 seperate 4KK's. Rather crazy if you ask me that it can do that. You can also do 3 of them off of the GS K BE wall splat.

How did you get 3 4KKs after a GS K BE? The game doesn't seem to let me get more than 2 wallsplats.

can hardly do anything after GS K BE, the move throws your opponent for damn far out unless there's a wall behind. maybe 1B (old 1 A+B) might be able to reach?

Schneider is right, I thought it was 3, but after more testing, it's only 2.

Try this little nasty combo that the Legends of Souls NM did on me.

33B BE, 4BB. That's some very nasty shit. I didn't notice if 4BB will ground stun though, if so, this can be lead into something else, like a GS K BE or something else vile and dangerous for your opponent.

hteng, we were referring to the wall splat option of 4KK, 4KK after the GS K BE splats your opponent into the wall.

Panda, 66B is not guaranteed no. However, I sometimes use it after the BE to bait out a counter from the opponent so I can nail them with a CE.

A nice little wall combo that has a LOT of options to swap in and out.

1A6 > GS K (BE) > !W > 4KK > !W > 3B > Ba > 2K (non charged). 3B will still bounce them up after the wall splats. The fact that the GS K (BE) wall splats gives him immense potential. You could swap 1A6 for 66A6 I'm thinking but 66A might give you a wall splat by itself. Not sure. I like this combo a ton though.

EDIT: I noticed Schneider-X already discovered this forever ago. My bad.

33B BE, 4BB. That's some very nasty shit. I didn't notice if 4BB will ground stun though, if so, this can be lead into something else, like a GS K BE or something else vile and dangerous for your opponent.

Yeah that's a combo listed for Nighty in his move list. Pretty damn good damage for so little execution. It doesn't ground stun and I doubt there are any follow up options but I could be wrong.

In fact 3B, 3B is not combo for both pyhra and nightmare
-pyhra can tech to her left
-night can tech to his right

you're right. I think only guaranteed move is 1K. probably be better to just go for guard pressure or something.

BNB's= Bread And Butters= Most Useful combo's / The ones You Use the most.

I just started the game so if you could dumb down the fighting terms like i did for BNB that would be great.

Also, i know theres a combo thread, but i can barely understand whats being said there... and i can't find the general consensus on which combo's are the most useful.

BNB's= Bread And Butters= Most Useful combo's / The ones You Use the most.

I just started the game so if you could dumb down the fighting terms like i did for BNB that would be great.

Also, i know theres a combo thread, but i can barely understand whats being said there... and i can't find the general consensus on which combo's are the most useful.

I moved your topic/post into this topic. Do you know how to read number notation?

edit: added more combos to the main list. Interestingly, even if a GS K BE is used in a wall combo, if you end with 2A+B you'll have more meter at the end of the combo than when you started anyway.

It looks like your only allowed 2 wallsplats in a given combo, guess some of the crazier combos I was thinking of aren't going to work lol.

He still hits like a truck though :O

jesus i cant do that last hit on the first wall bounce combo!

whats the trick? is it nuetral b? i press b and the 3 button thing to make it use a bar but it doesn't ever come out.

I moved your topic/post into this topic. Do you know how to read number notation?

edit: added more combos to the main list. Interestingly, even if a GS K BE is used in a wall combo, if you end with 2A+B you'll have more meter at the end of the combo than when you started anyway.

k sorry bout dat.

no i dont know how to read number notations.. not sure what those are.. maybe i do lol.

what you said in your edit confuses the hell out of me.

jesus i cant do that last hit on the first wall bounce combo!

whats the trick? is it nuetral b? i press b and the 3 button thing to make it use a bar but it doesn't ever come out.

Are you talking about NSS a:B? That's the just frame from his night shade stance. Just go into training mode and check it out. It's a little more difficult to do on V than it was in IV but after a little bit of practice you should have no problem doing it. And at worst if you fuck up a little you can still get the non JF version which will connect, just take down less damage.

Are you talking about NSS a:B? That's the just frame from his night shade stance. Just go into training mode and check it out. It's a little more difficult to do on V than it was in IV but after a little bit of practice you should have no problem doing it. And at worst if you fuck up a little you can still get the non JF version which will connect, just take down less damage.

i have no idea what NSS a:B is..

its the first wall bounce combo with the 2 punches smacking him against the wall and then the down forward B slash move to bounce, and the last his is that turn slash.. but i can't seem to do it.

Back