Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

i have no idea what NSS a:B is..

its the first wall bounce combo with the 2 punches smacking him against the wall and then the down forward B slash move to bounce, and the last his is that turn slash.. but i can't seem to do it.

The turn slash is NSS a:B. NSS = Night Shade Stance -- a:B indicates a slide from a to b. The : indicates just frame timing. In training you can view his move list and check out all of the shit you can do out of NSS and practice it there.

Use this to get familiar with basic notation http://8wayrun.com/wiki/movelist-input-guide/

k sorry bout dat.

no i dont know how to read number notations.. not sure what those are.. maybe i do lol.

what you said in your edit confuses the hell out of me.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

you pretend that the number pad on your keyboard is a D pad with 5 as the center. so 66B is forward, forward, B

what I said in my edit is basically:
BE takes 25% meter. Lets say you only have 25% meter and you use it to start a wall combo with his GS K BE. after completing the wall combo with 2A+B you will have gained back all the meter you lost and once again have 25% meter.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

you pretend that the number pad on your keyboard is a D pad with 5 as the center. so 66B is forward, forward, B

what I said in my edit is basically:
BE takes 25% meter. Lets say you only have 25% meter and you use it to start a wall combo with his GS K BE. after completing the wall combo with 2A+B you will have gained back all the meter you lost and once again have 25% meter.

still a little confusing lol

dont know what BE is... hell i dont know what any of that is.. GS K BE... i guess K could be a button? also whats 2A+B.. press A+B 2 times?

edit: lol i just found the link u gave me, i opened it but i clicked the wrong tab.. so i thot u goofed on the link..

ill check it now.

k sorry bout dat.

no i dont know how to read number notations.. not sure what those are.. maybe i do lol.

what you said in your edit confuses the hell out of me.

Number notations:

numeric_keypad.jpg

It is always assumed you are on the 1st player (Left) side. 6 is forward, 4 is back, 8 is up, 2 is down.

GS means Grim Stride (236)
NSS means Night Side Stance (B+K)
BE means Brave Edge (All moves that end with A+B+K)
CE means Critical Edge (236,236+A+B+K)

A is horizontal attack (square on plsystation, X on xbox)
B is vertical attack (triangle on playstation, Y on xbox)
K is kick attack (O on playstation, B on xbox)
G is guard/block (X on playstation, A on xbox)

Welcome, by the way.

Number notations:

numeric_keypad.jpg

It is always assumed you are on the 1st player (Left) side. 6 is forward, 4 is back, 8 is up, 2 is down.

GS means Grim Stride (236)
NSS means Night Side Stance (B+K)
BE means Brave Edge (All moves that end with A+B+K)
CE means Critical Edge (236,236+A+B+K)

A is horizontal attack (square on plsystation, X on xbox)
B is vertical attack (triangle on playstation, Y on xbox)
K is kick attack (O on playstation, B on xbox)
G is guard/block (X on playstation, A on xbox)

Welcome, by the way.

thanx, i totally understand all this stuff now. just today because of this forum and all day practice ive upped my game plenty.. if you translated my skill to SSF4 id be ken mashing dp all day, and thats great with me.

im trying to learn some combo's that hit low besides the simple A 2 AA (hahaha i know stuff)

feels like people could just standing block and all i can do is use my few simple pokes to attack low.. its working so far tho lol

you guys must be having a field day destroying all us scrubs.

33_99B BE followed up by one of the following below
A. 2A+B [gives back almost as much meter as is used for the combo] [65dmg]
B. A,2A.A [Travels a further distance, better for ring outs and does more damage][83dmg]
C. 4BB [easier to connect][83dmg]
D. 3A.A [another ring out option][72dmg]
E. 4K BE. Just B [the most difficult to connect thus far. should only be used for ringing out...uses 50% of meter and does roughly the same as option B. sends about twice the distance though][88dmg]
F.K.K. [the lazy mans ring out] not enough damage for me to write it down. Only use when you're so close they might be going out anyway.
G. 4KK [for ring outs, easy enough to connect also]

I know it's probably nowhere near ideal, but
66B>A,A>4K,K does about 100 dmg and covers a fair amount of distance. Brave Edging the 4K and getting the JF adds about another 20 damage

I know it's probably nowhere near ideal, but
66B>A,A>4K,K does about 100 dmg and covers a fair amount of distance. Brave Edging the 4K and getting the JF adds about another 20 damage

try it with air control on. I can't imagine that actually being a combo

I thought you guys would beat me to these so I didn't bother...unless you're sandbagging.
So here is my contribution. This is just one session in practice so there might be inconsistencies.

NSS A+B techtrap FC3B

NSS FCA+G_B+G gives a throw mixup

This one is hard, it can combo, it can also techtrap into a bounce stun.
33BGS press G to turn around 3B

Techtrap figure out the timing on your own.
33B BE techtrap 1[A] into watever

Combo
3AA near walls(not on the wall) GSKBE

Tech/combo
22K 2B+KBE

Update:
Running K into 2[K] tech trap seems intact.

[2K] 22A tech trap
[2K] 1A tech trap except left, same with FC3B and 44A

Ok I tried several times online (with almost no lag so it feels like real game, let us assume it is real game for now).

How do I catch people with 66B tech trap? Honestly it starts up so slow, I have to really know which moves or after which combo to do it. So can anyone give me ideas? Or a replacement if I find that the opponent might recover faster? Currently using 1A, which I know is not a good replacement.

Here's an odd one.

44a, 22a. At most ranges 22a will catch everything, but it's still a nc so you don't get 22aa. You could go for 22aa6 or just take the 22a damage.

If they don't tech you get 3b.

Spending some times in training mode trying all the contributions, some combo are pretty cools !It seems left techtrap are rare :/
Here some stuffs, not sure if it works on everybody (tried on Patroklos)

3B > 1K (47) for guaranted damage lool
3B > 3B (63) , doesnt cover left
3B > WRB (99) , techtrap, doesnt cover left

[2K] right, front, back techtrap
3B delayed until he rolls > NSS ibA (100)
GSS B6 > GSS B6 > GSS K BE (146)

[2K] left ,front, back, techtrap
44B > NSS A+B (94++)
33B BE (71++) or 77B BE if you are P2. It lets you in bad situation if they tech right ...

I dont get 3B or [2K] > GSS KBE if they tech left or right. We can't? wtf?

22B > WRB (79 or 109 for the full animation, it depends of the distance). No left

Here some funnies one :D
NSS A+B x10 (death!) if they tech front
NSS A+B > NSS A+B > 44B > NSS A+B > NSS A+B > 6BB > NSS ibA (death) if they tech back
NSS A+B > NSS A+B > NSS A+B > 44B > NSS A+B > NSS A+B > 44B > NSS A+B (230!) if they tech left

Is NSS A+B GSKBE W 4KK W iWR B NSSA+B GSKBE W 4KK 3A2A Techtrap2[K] 2A+B For realz?

I think this might be wall specific.

Anyway huh okay guys. Techtrap for you

KINGACE special
NSSA+B GSKBE W 4KK W 3A2A 2[K] 2A+B

Is 3A2A Techtrap2[K] 2A+B For realz?

You can roll away from the 2[K], it is guaranteed if they make the mistake of standing though.

Also 66B A2AA could be our best combo for this launcher. Tested on Nightmare and Viola

I found that it could only be escaped with back air control in the middle of the stage, though I think that as long as the opponent is low to the ground when you hit them with the first A, the 2A part is guaranteed, for similar damage to the regular 66B 3B follow up.

33BGS press G to turn around 3B

This is pretty good, caught all techs on NM, haven't tested it on other characters.

You can roll away from the 2[K], it is guaranteed if they make the mistake of standing though.

Also 66B A2AA could be our best combo for this launcher. Tested on Nightmare and Viola

I found that it could only be escaped with back air control in the middle of the stage, though I think that as long as the opponent is low to the ground when you hit them with the first A, the 2A part is guaranteed, for similar damage to the regular 66B 3B follow up.

This is pretty good, caught all techs on NM, haven't tested it on other characters.
Finally some damn feedback.
Now is there anything that can be done to someone rolling away?

33BGS G 3B...I test it on pyrrha and natsu it works.

Finally found one that I really like, only it's a lame tech trap because there's no reason to ever tech. :<

Back