Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

33B BE, dash under, 2A+B
Nice trick if you want to change side and still do some dmg

great sutff, it deals more damage than 33B > GS B (70 / 58) lol

33BGS G 3B works on Lexia too, all tech (108 with NSS bA)

66B > A2AA can be air controled with back and right back (63) :/

66B 2[K] can surprise some times :o

CH GS A > 4AA (59) > wake up dependant
CH GS A > 6A > 1A (65), caught all tech

You can roll away from the 2[K], it is guaranteed if they make the mistake of standing though.

Here's why you don't roll after that combo. Both 2A+B and GSKBE will catch anyone rolling after 3A2A. The combo has incorporates GSKBE W 4KK W 3A2A so far does the most amount of damage for very cheap. KINGACE special.

And you can customize for ringouts in corners if you do 3AA GSKBE which only combos near walls and edges.

66B A2AA is a combo near walls.
66B iAGA 4KK W continue continue

try this wall combo,

GS B > iagA / agA > W! > 4KK > W! > 3B > 2A+B

agA > W! > 4KK > 2A+B

i prefer 2A+B as a combo ender

the GS B is good because you don't need to commit to another GS.

Here's why you don't roll after that combo. Both 2A+B and GSKBE will catch anyone rolling after 3A2A.

Maybe so, however its easy to react to you charging 2(k), they can just hold down to nullify the trap completely, or hold guard if they don't see any flames.

anyone find a use for 4A+B yet? It somehow seems worst than his SCIV unblockable because its not even an anti-techtrap option =/

Edit: For my own record, 4A+B isn't useful after any of the untechable launchers like GS B, and 66B :(

techtrap tested on NM
33B BE, 4A+Bg, FC 3B/3AA catch right tech
33B BE, 4A+Bg, 3B catch left tech, very specific timing though
66A, 1[A] slight charge catches all tech

anti-techtrap
33B BE 4A+B - will not catch left roll
66A 4A+B - will not catch left roll, should work while wall is on left side.

Notice some different things with ag:A and agA in wall combos. Against Pyrrah I couldn't get ag:A, w, 4KK, w, iWSB, but I could get it with regular agA.

With ag:A you can get a back throw if you think they're asleep.

ag:A, w, 4KK, w, Flapjack, backthrow.

I managed to get 33B6 G. GS K B (BE) to connect at mid distance in training mode.

I set AE to left.
Then tested with ukemi to left, then right. It registered 7 hits, but I'm not sure if that'd be caused by being hit while the CPU was teching?

Tested on Pyrrah only so far. Timing seems strict ... can't get it at close distance to P.

Notice some different things with ag:A and agA in wall combos. Against Pyrrah I couldn't get ag:A, w, 4KK, w, iWSB, but I could get it with regular agA.

I managed to do it against Pyrrah on the below-ship stage against a corner wall. (both agA and ag:A) for wall splat into w! 4KK w! iWS (B), NSS A+B, 2A+B

Maybe so, however its easy to react to you charging 2(k), they can just hold down to nullify the trap completely, or hold guard if they don't see any flames.

Well it's another one of those wall ground mixups, if you take the time to look for 2[K], 2A+B will get you. So it's not so cut and dry just like in SC4.

We need to compile this stuff in one list.

In SCIV, the 2[K] was rarely if ever escaped with a roll after a wall splat. The same cannot be said in SCV, only one I've found is after a 4KK wallsplat, however that sacrifices guaranteed damage and meter gain.

GS k CE can be finished with 1B unless they ukemi left or right. They have to block after a forward or backward ukemi. IK tend to start mixing it up with 33B and 1[A] if they ukemi a lot.

After extensive play with him this weekend, I can tell that Nightmare is top of the mid tier.

He's all about gimmicks and how good your opponent's anti-NM is.

All weekend, I was getting free KOs and RO's from half way across the ring because of his new doom "combo". That's GSK BE, GSK BE, GSK BE, GS KE BE. Because of the new ukemi system, many people will try to ukemi by holding the direction they want to tech and G, but instead they will tech late or begin rolling, which guarantees a GSK BE or 1B. Its amazing. The samething can be applied to WR A.

IF they do start teching, 1A will catch sometimes, depending on the distance, but will always lose if they tech to Nightmare's right.

Also, 1A after 33B BE will not catch Nightmare's right, but if you step to Nightmare's right and instantly 1A, it will catch all tech and grounded. If you input 1A too soon, you'll get 11A, but it will still catch all tech, but won't hit grounded.

2B+K is GODLIKE. Its much harder to react to than what it seems. The tremer is also a GB, so your at advantage no matter how they block. If they start jumping, the mid has such a weird hitbox they might get hit jumping towards NM, giving you an incredible groundstun. This move is also a tech trap and/or force block in soooo many situations, namely after 2A+B. If they roll after 2A+B and stand up, they'll be right at distance to get stunned by the tremor, but if they stand immediately, the won't be. Even if your opponent knows its a special mid, getting up into this move is very, very scary.

33B, A+B can be blocked if they fall behind NM apparently, which sucks. Now he's got no go-to answer post-33B. You're best bet is to either learn to eyeball the range from which you hit 33B or press 2 or 6 to turn/step around them and get what you can. You could also just cut your losses and stick with the GS B combo for 65ish damage.

1A is also one of his best moves for oki now. I haen't tested it thoroughly, but because of the new commitment to rolling, it seems that 1A is guaranteed after many knockdowns if your opponent decides to roll.

I LOVE 44A. Its a great whiff punisher and rush-in killer. After it hits, GSK BE picks up, 1A is a tech trap and 33B is guaranteed oki.

MammothMan discovered something godlike: if they do anything but immediately guard or tech, his CE is guaranteed after 33B BE. Because of this, if they stop teching for the 2 ~ 1A trap, then they'll eat a CE for 200+damage.

And finally, 4A+Bg is much more useful now. It literally disguises half of his most useful moves. It hides the animation going into 2G, which gives access to WR A and FC 3B. It also blends into 2B+K BE for sooooo many WTF moments. and after so many UB cancels, your opponent will eat a 4A+B or 2[K] which is much faster now.

I love this Nightmare so fucking much!

After extensive play with him this weekend, I can tell that Nightmare is top of the mid tier.

He's all about gimmicks and how good your opponent's anti-NM is.

All weekend, I was getting free KOs and RO's from half way across the ring because of his new doom "combo". That's GSK BE, GSK BE, GSK BE, GS KE BE. Because of the new ukemi system, many people will try to ukemi by holding the direction they want to tech and G, but instead they will tech late or begin rolling, which guarantees a GSK BE or 1B. Its amazing. The same mix up can be applied to WR A.

IF they do start teching, 1A will catch sometimes, depending on the distance, but will always lose if they tech to Nightmare's right.

Also, 1A after 33B BE will not catch Nightmare's right, but if you step to Nightmare's right and instantly 1A, it will catch all tech and grounded. If you input 1A too soon, you'll get 11A, but it will still catch all tech, but won't hit grounded.

2B+K is GODLIKE. Its much harder to react to than what it seems. The tremer is also a GB, so your at advantage no matter how they block. If they start jumping, the mid has such a weird hitbox they might get hit jumping towards NM, giving you an incredible groundstun. This move is also a tech trap and/or force block in soooo many situations, namely after 2A+B. If they roll after 2A+B and stand up, they'll be right at distance to get stunned by the tremor, but if they stand immediately, the won't be. Even if your opponent knows its a special mid, getting up into this move is very, very scary.

33B, A+B can be blocked if they fall behind NM apparently, which sucks. Now he's got no go-to answer post-33B. You're best bet is to either learn to eyeball the range from which you hit 33B or press 2 or 6 to turn/step around them and get what you can. You could also just cut your losses and stick with the GS B combo for 65ish damage.

1A is also one of his best moves for oki now. I haen't tested it thoroughly, but because of the new commitment to rolling, it seems that 1A is guaranteed after many knockdowns if your opponent decides to roll.

I LOVE 44A. Its a great whiff punisher and rush-in killer. After it hits, GSK BE picks up, 1A is a tech trap and 33B is guaranteed oki.

MammothMan discovered something godlike: if they do anything but immediately guard or tech, his CE is guaranteed after 33B BE. Because of this, if they stop teching for the 2 ~ 1A trap, then they'll eat a CE for 200+damage.

And finally, 4A+Bg is much more useful now. It literally disguises half of his most useful moves. It hides the animation going into 2G, which gives access to WR A and FC 3B. It also blends into 2B+K BE for sooooo many WTF moments. and after so many UB cancels, your opponent will eat a 4A+B or 2[K] which is much faster now.

I love this Nightmare so fucking much!
Alright i'm going to need to try some of this stuff out. I use the living daylights out of 1a for my tech traps because they almost always get caught. Never really found use for 4 a+b.

Just tested and found out that Viola and Pyrrha can tech out of the 2_8 ~ 1a trap after 33B BE, but they'll have to tech tto NM's left side, so, if they start teching that, you can just do normal 1A or any of his other moves that trap to his left. If they just stop teching, free CE. Yum.

All weekend, I was getting free KOs and RO's from half way across the ring because of his new doom "combo". That's GSK BE, GSK BE, GSK BE, GS KE BE. Because of the new ukemi system, many people will try to ukemi by holding the direction they want to tech and G, but instead they will tech late or begin rolling, which guarantees a GSK BE or 1B. Its amazing. The samething can be applied to WR A.
everybody know how to tech already

1A is still techable right and 11A is techable left

this is useless, you have all the time need to see the CE and then tech

Plz test more before posting

everybody know how to tech already

That's why it hit so much, huh? Regardless, he's about gimmicks. If you have them scared to stand, or if they decide to roll, you can get another GSK BE.

1A is still techable right and 11A is techable left

Just tested and found out that Viola and Pyrrha can tech out of the 2_8 ~ 1a trap after 33B BE, but they'll have to tech tto NM's left

I didn't clarify, but they'll have to tech the opposite way they normally would, which gives way to more options.

this is useless, you have all the time need to see the CE and then tech

Yes, they can tech during the startup of the CE. However, if they decide to roll, it hits. The only way to get out of it is to tech or hold G. If they're scared of the 1A trap, they won't be teching.

Plz test more before posting

Bleh. Plz read more before replying. But seriously, I don't want to be on bad terms with a fellow NM player. Just tell me if something could be wrong, and I'll go test it to see if it is, like I just did. If it is, I'll edit my post and be on my way. Just try not to be so damn prideful when you do it.

Back