Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

NSS [A] > NSS b:A..............this is supose to be a natural combo, but i can't get it, maybe the patch is the reason???

PD: well now i get it.....is range dependant...;)

I read somewhere that 1aK on midair oponent(just hit, no attack throw) comboes guaranteed in GS K BE? Is this 100% guaranteed? Thanks.

P.s. silly me Tiamat posted it in the combo thread already. Sry for that.

It's free regardless of range as far as I can tell. He's had that combo since SC3 (though it was GS KK not GS K BE)

why is nightmare CE so hard to input confirm? when I used pyrrha, even though she has the same 236 dash stance motion, I never have trouble doing her CE, in fact when I do her CE I never get her angel step. But whenever I do Nightmare's CE I get grim stride and my opponents go huh? and take the free punish.

on stick btw, I am already doing the 2323 shortcut, but somehow grim stride always come out.

on stick btw, I am already doing the 2323 shortcut, but somehow grim stride always come out.

that means that you are not doing the 2323...maybe you are inputing 23236 or 23623......is so easy/fast to do the CE in stick, idk what problem you have

NM can NOT CE

if he's already fully in NSS or GS...

with the GS it's a bit weird...

so... it's impossible to do 33B6 236236 a+b+k
this might be obvious to most....

but this also applies to... 236, 236236A+B+K....
or if you end up doing it too slow... 236, 236 A+B+k might be a problem too....

-LAU

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you have to play pretty tightly with him to get good damage. Right? Otherwise, it's 20 here, 30 there, and everything else is slow...

Feels like the main threat is really not his range, but his backstep.

Thanks for the perspective.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you have to play pretty tightly with him to get good damage. Right? Otherwise, it's 20 here, 30 there, and everything else is slow...

Feels like the main threat is really not his range, but his backstep.

Thanks for the perspective.

I don't really agree with that. He gets a ton of damage off the opponent making what should be very minor errors, making it so against Nightmare it is as if there are no minor errors, all errors are big errors because of his damage. His movement is strong so he can get a lot off whiff punishing and he gets good anti step damage with 22AA, agA, 3AA. Also gets good damage if you duck and eat a 3B/WR B, etc etc. if you block a lot he wears you down with 1K/grab/flapjack and guard meter rape moves

I don't really agree with that.
well- maybe I should rephrase that-

tightly when it comes to keepout. I know what he can do when he's in his power zone. (lordy.)

3B only stuns with no followups at tip, 3AA has a chance of second hit whiffing, 33B is unsafe, FC3B has no AT at range, etc., etc.

at the ranges where these moves are most effective other characters can at least fight back.

This game is pretty balanced...

4BB isn't half bad as a tester. It rapes the guard gauge. 4b(b) NSS b:A does more damage than 3(B) NSS b:A, so if you have the opportunity, you can whiff punish with this instead. Like someone else said, its also pretty safe on block at only -14, the problems being its speed, linearity, and your opponent can step/GI/JG the second hit.

Back