Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

Just a heads up to the NM SA users, since Sp1d3r has left his position I recommended Greven and he is now the other NM SA mod.

does A+B GI everything? I have been hit out of it before, is there certain window I have to be hit before GI is still valid?

4BB isn't half bad as a tester. It rapes the guard gauge. 4b(b) NSS b:A does more damage than 3(B) NSS b:A, so if you have the opportunity, you can whiff punish with this instead. Like someone else said, its also pretty safe on block at only -14, the problems being its speed, linearity, and your opponent can step/GI/JG the second hit.
I tested this in training mode it doesn't seem you can step the second hit.

does A+B GI everything? I have been hit out of it before, is there certain window I have to be hit before GI is still valid?

A+B - attacks doing 24 dmg or less that are not lows will activate a counterattack if NM is doing his A+B. any further attacks will be auto GIed until the counterattack is released. unlike in SC3&4 this move can now hit grounded opponents

^ from my nightmare guide

4BB isn't half bad as a tester. It rapes the guard gauge. 4b(b) NSS b:A does more damage than 3(B) NSS b:A, so if you have the opportunity, you can whiff punish with this instead. Like someone else said, its also pretty safe on block at only -14, the problems being its speed, linearity, and your opponent can step/GI/JG the second hit.

I find that in any instance that you could use 4BB, 44B is faster, and for comparable damage. I guess 4BB has the advantage of range though.

I like 4BB because it has hit confirm (not the launched one), guard burst damage and the awesome range. However, I haven't applied it to my game play and found a way to be more effective. =(...

several things I have seen people doing but I couldn't figure out

33B to 2A+B, I tried pressing G to turn around faster, but I couldn't get the timing.
toss over into GS K BE, I also tried G to turn around faster, but I am not sure if it helped at all

when should you use GS K BE outside a combo? is it for knockdown corner pressure only?

33B to 2A+B, I tried pressing G to turn around faster, but I couldn't get the timing.
toss over into GS K BE, I also tried G to turn around faster, but I am not sure if it helped at all

FC B+G > turn around > GS K BE can be teched btw. Assuming the opponent doesn't tech though, just do it as early as possible. For both of those you don't want to wait until your character has fully turned over. Just do it as your character starts turning.

so I don't need to press G at all? sweet
Pressing G is a way to turn without doing unnecessary movement. You want to do the follow up as early as possible so if you press 4 or 6 to turn, then your character will unnecessarily move, and you're losing the time window to do the follow up moves.

Btw I tested it just now, it doesn't seem possible to do it without pressing G.

what is the timing to press G? I tried several times for 33B and over toss, but I couldn't figure out the right timing for that.

If their back is to a wall or ring edge, it's *GREAT* for piling on the pressure even if they block it.

I know this only due to falling for it ;_;

it's not good to use it by itself against people who know the second hit is high

when should you use GS K BE outside a combo? is it for knockdown corner pressure only?

if you opponent is not that good... or.. don't know GS K BE is mid, high that's easily duckable then you can use it all the time......

otherwise... outside of combos/wall combos... you can also use it against players that doesn't like to tech roll much... there's a few places that's pretty good

for example

after GS K BE hits, WS A hits, A+B revenge hits

after B+G

after 4KK CH, 4K BE

there's a few other places.... .... in general if you have a lot of meters and life it's ok to throw it out to see their reaction.. if they do tech... then you can set up other stuff next time...

-LAU

Well you have sort of a mixup because 33Bg or 33BGS g 3B techtraps, so you could in theory work out GSKBE.

wow just wow
the gauge system is totally fucked up

here are some examples:
if u chain 66B in block as fast as possible, u ll need 9 to guard crush
now insert a small pause inbetween each 66B and u ll need only 8

WS B gets the yellow glow in 10 block
try GS ~ WS B, now more than 20 attacks are needed to get the yellow glow

WS B gets the yellow glow in 10 block
try GS ~ WS B, now more than 20 attacks are needed to get the yellow glow

I keep getting various results. WR B and WR (B) both take 10 to yellow, but gs ~ WR B takes anywhere from 10-20 to yellow. The longer I delayed the WR B, the lower amount needed to yellow. So a gs ~ wr b done ASAP should take 20 and a gs ~ fc ~ wr b takes 10.

Works the same with all other WR attacks, including FC3B. I didn't test other FC attacks though.

Yo.

Is it me, or does 3AA sometimes lose to TC moves at tip range?

I turtled up and spammed agA today. For the most part, it worked, and then people started TCing me, so I tried 3AA and it just didn't work all of the time.

Felt like I had to take risks or really read my opponent to control space once agA was taken away from me.

(course I still used it as much as I could.)

Back