Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

I have a small question. Since NH 66K6 GS B is a pretty much uninterruptible string, what can we do when people start to JG the GS B? I think throws work well, but are there any other options we can use to mess with their timing?

I was thinking WR B, but my preliminary testing leads me to believe that you might be able to JG WR B with the same timing as GS B.

I have a small question. Since NH 66K6 GS B is a pretty much uninterruptible string, what can we do when people start to JG the GS B? I think throws work well, but are there any other options we can use to mess with their timing?

I was thinking WR B, but my preliminary testing leads me to believe that you might be able to JG WR B with the same timing as GS B.

can you delay GS B after 66K6? same with WR B after the TC, but then again after the TC you can go into NSS.

The player can also step it to his left after being hit with 66K to avoid GS B. I'd mix it up with a low grab since you'll be in crouch when you GS. It'll catch step and mixup someone going for a JG.

On hit, you can mix it up with gs a to catch steppers.

Since the gs from 66k is 10 frames shorter than usual, you can't delay gs b long enough to mix up the timing of people who jg. Throws, including fc throws, are about the only real mix up you can apply.

If they arent jg ~ option selecting, and just attempt a jg then guard l, you can do empty gs into another gs b or 66b or aga.

Unless they step that too.
Yea, GS A is steppable to one side for whatever reason.

flapjacks should work well since they'll catch step, and will tag people out of annoying sidestepping and TCing moves. It also clashes with 2As, so if they start trying to interrupt flapjacks alot then starting using WR B since that's uninterruptible

Last edited:
So after much procrastination, I decide to fully master Soul Edge.

As Iwas going through the Nightmare Combos & Tech Traps thread, I noticed something.

There's this combo that I have been doing, that looks legit but it's not listed.

Here it is:
4A> GS K BE (You need some DEMONIC Grim Stride to pull this one off)

(I've been getting a damage range of 71 to 77 with this. 74 being the most constant. 77 when I delay GS)

I have come to learn from this site that usually when something is not there on a closed thread then there's something wrong with it.

So, could someone tell me if my finding is viable or not?

Last edited:
So after much procrastination, I decide to fully master Soul Edge.

As Iwas going through the Nightmare Combos & Tech Traps thread, I noticed something.

There's this combo that I have been doing, that looks legit but it's not listed.

Here it is:
4A> GS K BE (You need some DEMONIC Grim Stride to pull this one off)

(I've been getting a damage range of 71 to 77 with this. 74 being the most constant. 77 when I delay GS)

I have come to learn from this site that usually when something is not there on a closed thread then there's something wrong with it.

So, could someone tell me if my finding is viable or not?
done some testing and it does work with about 70 dmg.
The thing is after a move like 4A, people tend to go for either 2A+B, 4KK or 4K BE.
2A+B gives the same dmg and grants you meter, 4KK does more dmg than GS K BE without using any meter and sets up wallsplats and RO's just as well, and if you want to use your meter 4K BE is your best bet as it does the most dmg and leaves you with much better wakeup options

done some testing and it does work with about 70 dmg.
The thing is after a move like 4A, people tend to go for either 2A+B, 4KK or 4K BE.
2A+B gives the same dmg and grants you meter, 4KK does more dmg than GS K BE without using any meter and sets up wallsplats and RO's just as well, and if you want to use your meter 4K BE is your best bet as it does the most dmg and leaves you with much better wakeup options

Ah, I understand now. For More damage plus meter there's better options. Like I said. there's usually a reason.

Thank you ZER0

Last edited:
I'm new to NM and I thought I heard someone say you can make 66b safe. That true?

66B has always been safe. It was patched to be +2 on block.

I think you might be talking about 33B or 66A, both of which can be made safe by doing the GS cancel, which is done by inputting b+k:G during GS.

Back