Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

I never knew I could punish 66A with 3AA, always thought it was just 66AA.
I figured I would have to block 236 K BE, but man I just can't keep up with that move.
but thanks man it's a starting point...one thing that really seems to piss me off is her 2A game;
it's just annoying, I get interrupted, I step and either 2A or WR K will hit me regardless

There's enough time to attempt a JG on 66AA and still get a full punish on 66A if the second hit never comes. 66AA on JG should always bring her close enough to be launched by 3[B] too.

There's enough time to attempt a JG on 66AA and still get a full punish on 66A if the second hit never comes. 66AA on JG should always bring her close enough to be launched by 3[B] too.

There really isn't enough time, though. The second hit JG is delayed enough that attempting one lets her recover from 66A in time to block any serious punishment. NM can barely get a K or maybe a 6K that way, but not a knockdown.

There really isn't enough time, though. The second hit JG is delayed enough that attempting one lets her recover from 66A in time to block any serious punishment. NM can barely get a K or maybe a 6K that way, but not a knockdown.
She takes forever to recover if she does just the first hit. I swear punishing her on reaction to her just doing the first hit is possible.

Match-up list I made because why not. Posting it here because there's not really another place for it, lol. I'd like people's input on this.

NM vs Apat: 2-8
vs Aeon: 5.5-4.5
vs Algol: 5-5
vs Astaroth: 5.5-4.5
vs Cervantes: 4-6
vs Ezio: 4-6
vs Hilde: 5-5 (Not too sure about this one)
vs Ivy: 6-4
vs Leixia: 6-4
vs Maxi: 4-6
vs Mitsu: 4-6
vs Natsu: 3-7
vs Pat: 3-7
vs Pyrrha: 3-7
vs Omega: 3-7
vs Raph: 6-4
vs Sieg: 5-5
vs Tira: 4-6
vs Viola: 6-4
vs Voldo: 5-5 (Not sure about this one either)
vs Xiba: 4.5-5.5
vs Yoshi: 5.5-4.5 (Need more experience in this MU before I can be sure about this)
vs Zwei: 6-4

I always thought that sieg had the upperhand against NM, due to his better pokes like B6, 3b, and safe 66K.

And wow NM does sux

I always thought that sieg had the upperhand against NM, due to his better pokes like B6, 3b, and safe 66K.
Sieg has better pokes and better damage with meter, but NM has better whiff punishment, movement, oki, and RO game. It's a MU that feels very "fair", where the person playing better is always going to win.

2-8 vs aPat? LOL 6-4 viola? Nah
The 6-4 vs Viola is partly wishful thinking, just because I want that stupid character to have at least one bad MU, lol. NM does do a lot better against Viola than most characters do, though. Regarding the aPat match-up, I have played both sides of that MU a ton, and so I'm pretty confident in that ratio. It's such a bad MU...if it isn't a 2-8, it sure as hell feels like one. aPat outperforms NM in nearly every aspect, and does so while being able to force huge damage 50/50s, pressure with the most threatening throws in the game, punish harder than any other character, throw out fast safe tracking launchers, and so on.

The 6-4 vs Viola is partly wishful thinking, just because I want that stupid character to have at least one bad MU, lol.

So I just found out that if NM GI's Violas orb with GSA, and she JG's the GI, 50/50 of the time she'll either JG both (the GI and GSA) simultaneously or she'll show the 'blue' JG colour while getting hit by the GSA.

The fact that there's a possibility to fuck up her JG GI's means everything.

Due to this, I can confirm Paragon's 6-4 MU statement. Kappa

So I just found out that if NM GI's Violas orb with GSA, and she JG's the GI, 50/50 of the time she'll either JG both (the GI and GSA) simultaneously or she'll show the 'blue' JG colour while getting hit by the GSA.

The fact that there's a possibility to fuck up her JG GI's means everything.

Due to this, I can confirm Paragon's 6-4 MU statement. Kappa
I'd honestly think this to be a 7-3 mu to us...we can easily outspace Viola and we can get away with a lot of shit that everyone else would normally punish, not to mention we can get out of 44A BE for free...as soon as we get our momentum going vi can't do anything.

6-4 Viola. You can space her out more effectivly than most characters but she DOES have ways to get in. Once she is in its not even a close match.

6-4 Viola. You can space her out more effectivly than most characters but she DOES have ways to get in. Once she is in its not even a close match.

once she's in there are ways to blow her out A+B, CE, GI it takes one read...a good read, but a read nonetheless to get back on equal footing...however if you're being combo'd...then yh GG's.

if not 7-3...then I'll go with 6-4

Nah its over. NM guesses correctly and gets average damage upclose. His big damge comes from whiff punishing. Viola gets half life or more off a 2K mixup. You guess right on the mixup, guess what you have to guess again. You have to guess right like 3 times before you're in the clear to space. She gets half life or more off whiff punishing or more with a tech crouching hori mid. NM doesnt win this MU nor does anyone else.

A+B, GI or CE, despite being risky as hell will push Vi back or give us a knockdown to potentially shift the momentum in our favour.

Yeah you are going to have make a better argument than that. If you guess wrong its half life gone. If she guesses wrong you either have to guess again, you get a mixup for not nearly the same damage, or a small punish that resets the nuetral game.

Back