Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

Nah, Viola broke it long before you did.

That response was epic.. TRUTH

Yeah, but I don't think this is going to be that hard to do consistently because the timing of it doesn't require you to do something like ukemi and then just guard. Anything is possible to do consistently with enough practice. Even the Rocktopus special.

Yeah, I was just gonna say that doing this locked guard felt like any normal JG.

Rocktopus special?? :O Is it that godly combo you used to pwn green with?

I'm not sure but I tested this with sieg's wR B and he gets hit by 1B. I think if you delay NSS bA, it would make opponents have faster recovery time which would then make you vulnerable

it maybe able to beat out Sieg's WR (B), but truth is it's easy to react to and once it's blocked it's open to punishment anyway, not to mention anyone else would be able to beat it out or block and punish accordingly

Last edited:
Yeah I just tested it out in training mode and the red JG comes out at tip range.

It's still interesting though. I guess the benefit of this is to purposely use FC 3b at tip range and JG punish siegs who try to punish with 3b. Kappa

Yeah I just tested it out in training mode and the red JG comes out at tip range.

It's still interesting though. I guess the benefit of this is to purposely use FC 3b at tip range and JG punish siegs who try to punish with 3b. Kappa
definitely something to add to the matchup knowledge

btw has anyone looked into these CH 9K wallcombos? probably old stuff, not to mention I touched on these some time ago, but I'll just ask the question

Tbh, I never ever got a CH 9k ~> w! @_@ But I suppose 4kk would do, just like any other wall combo

any insight into NM vs Pyrrha MU? The MU itself is so imba ._.

Tbh, I never ever got a CH 9k ~> w! @_@ But I suppose 4kk would do, just like any other wall combo

the reason I ask is because CH 9K w! can pull off some weird shit, at about training mode's reset distance from the wall, CH 9K gives a wierd extented w! that doesn't allow you a second w!, however you can follow-up with anything up to 31 or so frames...you can combo into drop kicks >.>

however take a step closer and you use CH 9K w! and then 8K w! you'll get the same result.

also just a few ours ago while playing Angela_Powergirl, CH 88_22AA at the right distance can pull of the exact same extended w!

any insight into NM vs Pyrrha MU? The MU itself is so imba ._.

I'm tempted to side with DIME on this one...got bodied by Xeph the other day...I say tempted because I did manage to take 2 games from him...out of several, however lady luck and and lag did play a role in my victories

the reason I ask is because CH 9K w! can pull off some weird shit, at about training mode's reset distance from the wall, CH 9K gives a wierd extented w! that doesn't allow you a second w!, however you can follow-up with anything up to 31 or so frames...you can combo into drop kicks >.>

however take a step closer and you use CH 9K w! and then 8K w! you'll get the same result.

Against pyrrha, you can get CH 9K w! 662K 8 GS K BE w! 4a+b for retard damage

otherwise, 4bb nss b:A is the best damage iirc. Either that or 9K w! 4a+b

GS B GS B GS K BE only works if you turn off CH after the 9K for whatever reason. If you don't, you only get GS B GS B 1K. iirc it does 99 damage, same as GS A 6(B) NSS K 2A+B

Against pyrrha, you can get CH 9K w! 662K 8 GS K BE w! 4a+b for retard damage

otherwise, 4bb nss b:A is the best damage iirc. Either that or 9K w! 4a+b

GS B GS B GS K BE only works if you turn off CH after the 9K for whatever reason. If you don't, you only get GS B GS B 1K. iirc it does 99 damage, same as GS A 6(B) NSS K 2A+B
I'll have to look into that

can't seem to pull off the 662K input for whatever reason...unless I'm doing something wrong

secondly can anyone give me some advice on Xiba, the amount of frametraps I keep getting caught out on is ridiculous not to mention REM keeps screwing me over and everytime I think Xiba is going to to REM on a frametrap I get sidestepped.
the 6AK/BK/BE strings I'm fine with, but more often than not they become retarded

can't seem to pull off the 662K input for whatever reason...unless I'm doing something wrong

Also, CE combos!

secondly can anyone give me some advice on Xiba, the amount of frametraps I keep getting caught out on is ridiculous not to mention REM keeps screwing me over and everytime I think Xiba is going to to REM on a frametrap I get sidestepped.
the 6AK/BK/BE strings I'm fine with, but more often than not they become retarded

Xiba gives me trouble too.

Poke with 1K, 4K, 2B. Forget about 3K in this matchup. Keep aga and 22A spam to a minimum. Either he REMs and you get a CH confirm with 4K or you can punish with 3B on reaction, or he steps it and gets a punish. Use enough of it and he'll stop using REM, letting you use aga and other shit. Grab more than usual, too.

Also, 1K kills all CK (6BK, etc) transitions.

Also, CE combos!

that wasn't 662K that was just 22K O.o...aaaah fk it

Xiba gives me trouble too.

Poke with 1K, 4K, 2B. Forget about 3K in this matchup. Keep aga and 22A spam to a minimum. Either he REMs and you get a CH confirm with 4K or you can punish with 3B on reaction, or he steps it and gets a punish. Use enough of it and he'll stop using REM, letting you use aga and other shit. Grab more than usual, too.

Also, 1K kills all CK (6BK, etc) transitions.
alright cool...thx DIME

WHAT???????????? I NEVER THOUGHT W! ~> CE IS POSSIBLE BUT OMG WOWZORS. Yes, that was genuinely how excited I was when I saw those combos.

But can't they tech the GSk BE after CE?

Also this pretty much confirms that the NM vs Pyrrha MU has rebounded back to 5:5. Kappa

Watch out @MONEYMUFFINS , I'll get my revenge. Kappa

Back