Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

I feel that 44B is an underused move in NM's arsenal. It covers NM's right very well on oki, which is the opposite side that GS B covers. When it hits it guarantees the 2A+B AT from any range that 44B will hit at, and the range is long enough that alot of the moves that people will use on wakeup to interrupt us can whiff. Main weaknesses it has are being slow and being susceptible to step on one side.

Yeah, its one of his better oki options. I love it.

Also, 2a+b is not guaranteed at all ranges. Up close I think it is, but at mid to tip range I believe some characters can ukemi out to NM's left.

I need help.

The guide for NM seems to be written for people who already know how to play. I'm honestly not looking for specifics, but I need a basic framework to go from. This NM is very different from the old SC2 NM that seemed to be easy for me to use (also since he had that bro-divorce with Sieg a while back. he's missing stuff).

What I would like to know are some very simple things.. Namely..

What are his safe pokes (on guard) that I should be using, on long and close range? Combos off of these pokes?

And as I'm training dad steals the TV because he thinks being on the computer means forfeiting it/ apparently not interested in what I'm doing.
must... move,... ps3.. into... other.. room

I think I found what purpose AA4B is used for. If you land AA or even the second A then B can't be stepped or interrupted with a move. Kind of like a force block except you can GI it. This is where AA4B is used as it will crush them after missed GI.

Edit: playing around with this and it seems like a good mixup. Once you condition them that B has too be blocked then they have to make a choice. If they have meter for GI then the 4b delivers them too Alah or throw mixup. If no meter then it's heavy gauge damage from B or throw mixup. AAB isn't safe on block at -16 but it leaves them in FC and good distance away so not too bad. AAB breaks in 8 so very good gauge damage. Thoughts?

I read the guide I just have some issues with it.

BTW what's the difference between the JF aga and the "normal" one? Does one just literally break guard? That said I think I've done it.

BTW what's the difference between the JF aga and the "normal" one? Does one just literally break guard? That said I think I've done it.
iagA is 1 frame slower, actually breaks the guard gauge, does 10 more damage, higher chance for clean hit, and has just a tiny bit more range. It also has a higher intimidation factor to it, just showing off that you can do iagA at the end of a round will scare people into not stepping as much as they usually would because of the fear that move puts in people. If you get a CH clean hit while your opponent is stepping it will do over 60 damage. xD

I don't quite understand clean hits either. They seem like a new feature. In Guilty Gear it's hitting the center of an opponent's hitbox by doing a move just right with Sol (usually Grand Viper or Sidewinder).

I'm guessing.. more frame advantage?

I don't quite understand clean hits either. They seem like a new feature. In Guilty Gear it's hitting the center of an opponent's hitbox by doing a move just right with Sol (usually Grand Viper or Sidewinder).

I'm guessing.. more frame advantage?
It's just a considerable amount of bonus damage in SC. It's seemingly random but certain moves have a higher chance for Clean Hit. iagA has a high chance for it, another example is Leixia's Crybaby (while grounded A+B).

I like what you were saying about 1B and NSS spacing, will give it food for though in my gameplan.

I looked into this a bit. The NSS transition is +2 on block, tested using 44(B), NSS A+B (i19) trades with NM 4K (i17).

I feel that 44B is an underused move in NM's arsenal. It covers NM's right very well on oki, which is the opposite side that GS B covers. When it hits, and you followup with NSS A+B the 2A+B AT is guaranteed from any range that 44B will hit at, and the range is long enough that alot of the moves that people will use on wakeup to interrupt us can whiff. Main weaknesses it has are being slow and being susceptible to step on one side.

Does 44 (B ) cover Nightmare's right side from Oki? For example after A+G throw?

Hey, so is anything guaranteed after 3B at tip range? What do you guys do if you don't get the launch? I usually just go into GS and either harass with 1K/low throws or GS B/FC3B

Back