Nightmare Help

So I've noticed.

But do the game designers even take frames into account when making the game? Hell, are we even supposed to know frames?

and how do i step g????

You can't online, but offline the inputs sort of go like this if you wanted to step to nightmare's right(the 2 direction): 2G 2G 2G, so input the step by pressing the direction once then right as you finish press guard. I think of it like a slide input. Keep in mind its not fool proof, I think it takes(someone correct if I'm wrong) 14 frames to cancel step into guard if you do it perfectly. So there are situations where you can still get hit even as you step G. After you get this down though learn to step 2G, or step into crouch/lowguard. On another note I think a week or longer ago we played a few matches. I'm pretty sure they were ggs.

http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/advanced-techniques.4885/

Go here... Read... Prosper...

You can step G online... Just get hit out of it sometimes when you shouldnt, but Ive played many matches with people that can Step G online....

Yeah, I'm just speaking generally. I don't want him getting it down in training mode, taking it online, and getting frustrated when it doesn't work right. I know of a few who can consistently, but I can't seem to get the tempo down online. Sometimes I end up hopping in place(trying to counter act the lag with early inputs) or guarding too late, making me look really stupid AND eating what I would've step-g'd online. =(

But do the game designers even take frames into account when making the game? Hell, are we even supposed to know frames?

The mere act of saying a move is unsafe and can be punished if block, acknowledges frame data. So yes, I think they do take that into account.

I think a positive on block 4B would be sweet but I think that it would be even sweeter with some stance transition on top. Blocked 4B means free GS transition. 4B on hit means free GSB or at least GSKK. It's slow enough to be ok.

Also I'd like 2B+K to track 100% and maybe make WRK completely uninterpretable after. I dunno, stuff like this would probably make him imba.

Hey guys i watched Keev nightmare videos and i was impressed with his 8wayrunning and stepping stuff...how can he move so fast around with nightmare when i step its usually really slow?????

No really is possible to step like that i have seen some deathintheeyes vids and his stepping is also good :P How do i step properly, Partisan should make a guide for that too :P

i think this has alot to do with frames. the reason you see Keev stepping so good is because he leaves himself at good enough frames to do so. if your using heavy moves that leave you at disadvantage all the time then no your stepping is gonna suffer. for instance if you throw a ab with nighty and its blocked, your at good enough frames to step after the move but say you throw out 3b they block then u try and step chances are your gonna get hit. a ton of Nighty moves leave him at big disadvantage so learn the frames.

No really is possible to step like that i have seen some deathintheeyes vids and his stepping is also good :P How do i step properly, Partisan should make a guide for that too :P

I have plans to make one (on movement)!

But for now, tapping the direction once on the dpad or stick and not holding it will allow you to do the actual fast step, holding it is 8WRing as I'm sure you know.

keep in mind the buffering window available in sc4 isn't as large as you want, so its' not a matter of tapping 8_2 TOO early and having NM do nothing, and tapping it too late means you don't step in time. Gotta familiarize yourself with the timing (think about doing a GI as early as possible)

Split the thread up, as the thread moved topics to an off topic issue/set of questions. You can find the other posts listed as "Nightmare Secondary Character".

Hey guys i was playing some soul calibur 2 on fb(L) its just so much fun but i was wandering are the soul charge actually have any use ???

After Nightmare's :A::+::B: or after the :2::A::+::B: attack throw, Nightmare gets a 'soul charge' effect, which makes certain moves become guard breaks.

Back