Nightmare Video Thread

1P NM : Kura 2P Mistu : Hyunmu from xbox live

i know they did some mistakes and kura will not post it but i think it's worth to watch

It says "the requested video has not been found, or has been marked as private"

2 videos of my ranked matches today (13th February). Both I lost. First is a Nightmare mirror, the second is against a Korean Siegfried for the third time straight. Please read the video descriptions before you reply, there is important information in them regarding the matches.

And now with this loss to Sieg that makes it the 10th or more loss out of 26 that I garnered online, not including the ones I lost offline to Siegfried too. So I am going to have to formally ask, how the hell do you guys deal with such Siegfried players?

Glitchy hitboxes on his stuff I heard, so that might not work all the time. I know it was supposed to be stepped to his left but I just freeze when they come closer.

Also more general gameplay advice would be better, like approaching, dealing with wake-up either offensively or defensively, etc. Thanks.

Glitchy hitboxes on his stuff I heard, so that might not work all the time. I know it was supposed to be stepped to his left but I just freeze when they come closer.

Also more general gameplay advice would be better, like approaching, dealing with wake-up either offensively or defensively, etc. Thanks.

The other Nightmare was out footsie-ing you. He was controlling his space better than you in that game. Offensively, imo this version of Nightmare has to play very defensive and keep away. Though i think he can still rush into throw range, the nerfs to those areas of his gameplay has rendered that style of gameplay less effective imo (shame cause i based my whole SC4 gameplay on that).

No agA really hurt you as well. Especially since this is online (thus this should be much easier to pull off; works offline too but just be careful), everytime he steps or quicksteps, hammer him with agA. He will either block it, get KDed by it (from here you can step forward into throw range and apply ground pressure or you can back off and let him come to you) or attempt to avoid it/play proactively. You can mix this up with 6A at close range and 66A/1A GS at long range.

If he is the sort to attempt an avoid (i.e. ducking or a long range TC move), walk into agA range and use 3AA, 33B BE, 3B, 1A, B+K or just plain block. Nightmare's space control is good in this game and until proven otherwise, agA is still one of his best control tools.

Too much fishing with 3B as well. A lot of Nightmares have been doing this and I disagree with it. Mainly due to the horrible frames on block and whiff. Its a great punisher but 3AA is a better fisher imo.

Offensively, imo this version of Nightmare has to play very defensive and keep away.

I had to stop reading at this part for quite a while. My brain required bleach.

(thus this should be much easier to pull off; works offline too but just be careful)

I am sure playing with the Shens has taught you much. Really. Also you must think I can pull it out consistently. Sorry but my inputs suck and that is why I rarely use it except at start of matches. Or even remember it exists. You know, because not everyone is god-tier executioner like you.

Too much fishing with 3B as well. A lot of Nightmares have been doing this and I disagree with it. Mainly due to the horrible frames on block and whiff. Its a great punisher but 3AA is a better fisher imo.

Right. And people punish me on tip block 3AA with 3(B) with Sieg, and other characters also do that too, let alone closer up. Congratulations dude. I have nothing more to say at this point except "next, please".

Panther because of the way the site displays video links I can't even find the original location for your videos

test video below. even unlinking the link causes a video embed. however, if i unlink it it doesn't cover up my edit box with the video like normal it seems

......and now it's screwed up again and I can't edit the post.

In any case Panther, I think you're taking Engared's comments too strongly. You did ask for advice and he gave some, it's just that you didn't agree with it. You were a bit rude there.

I had to stop reading at this part for quite a while. My brain required bleach.

I am sure playing with the Shens has taught you much. Really. Also you must think I can pull it out consistently. Sorry but my inputs suck and that is why I rarely use it except at start of matches. Or even remember it exists. You know, because not everyone is god-tier executioner like you.

Right. And people punish me on tip block 3AA with 3(B) with Sieg, and other characters also do that too, let alone closer up. Congratulations dude. I have nothing more to say at this point except "next, please".

Just trying to help another in the NM brotherhood. I'm not insulting you, you wanted gameplay advice so I gave it. Don't have to be a douchebag about it.

And my excecutions are ass-tier. I still mess up my JFs constantly.

What does footsie-ing literally mean?

"Footsies" is basically Spacing, Knowing the distance of your moves and the range they control. Knowing what attacks you can perform with little or no consequence for performing these actions. (thats the most basic explanation I can come up with, it can get deeper.)

The other Nightmare was just better at observing your whiffed moves and punishing accordingly. Once he got in, well... the other replies mentioned above cover that. So I dont think his footsies were what really caued you that loss alone. It was more of what was mentioned above by other people.

I decided to make a combo video for the GS~k BE loop I saw. Cool music neat transitions and a 100% combo included. A little choppy but hey :sc2nm1:

NOTE: This can be escaped with an ukemi tech. Enjoy anyways!!!!

Back