Nightmare Video Thread

CLICK LINK/PRESS PLAY
Nightmare Wall Combos mixed in with some Advanced ones as well. All hits are garunteed after 1st hit. it is possible to ukemi escape after GS K~BE, just before 3+B Connects.

I hope these combos really help in your future Matches! I'll make another video sometime next week with more Nightmare new finds.[/media]

Wow, that was an awesome display by Keev.

Gonna be rewatching that and taking notes. Especially on his defense, a good D really makes Nightmare shine.

I can already see that I underestimate the use of agA and need to step more.

Wow, that was an awesome display by Keev.

Gonna be rewatching that and taking notes. Especially on his defense, a good D really makes Nightmare shine.

I can already see that I underestimate the use of agA and need to step more.

its what i have been saying.

Great play from Keev. I see he really isn't going for guard crushing very much and is focusing on getting mixups (tons of flapjacks). I'm not totally sure what he is doing to keep them from flinch ducking his grabs and such though. Thoughts anyone?

Euros don't like to twitch duck. That's my theory.

I've been thinking that too but....it really sucks for someone like me who wants to know how to deal with such things as well as possible.

I agree with page. Some of his opponents refused to duck even after eating a stack of 1K and crouch throw. If you watch the matches that the Mitsurugi player was in, you'll notice that very few of his opponents ducked even when he had meter and showed a tendency to 2K (BE).

@Engared: I think he is solid mid tier. Keev played extremely well on the day, and I think he really showed his character specific knowledge against some of the more rush-down type characters like Maxi and Pyrrha. What really impressed me was his ability to get his spacing just right. In many of the matches, Keev was always at NM's sweet spot, just out of his opponent's reach but well within his own. He also transitioned really well between offence and defence. That last series of matches against Pyrrha in particular showed that NM can rush down when he has the advantage and the opponent is mentally on the backfoot from all the whiff punishment.

I was very impressed with Keev's spacing and overall confidence in his play. He definitely got away with some shit though. I would do that many flapjacks too if people couldn't block them and punish them when they did block them.

What I took from this performance was basically everyone else getting out classed. It wasn't even close.

I think 6k, 1a/ub might be legit.

And somehow he hit 3b, gsb relaunch. There was a lot of character ignorance going on there.

Yeah Nightmare is really low-tier.

-Kingace
Keev got away with a lot of shit. His opponents either gave him too much respect, or were too scared. Or even lack of basic NM knowledge. Considering the amount of stuff they didn't punish.

I think 6k, 1a/ub might be legit.

4A+B can be rolled to one side, but I think its pretty legit.

Keev being a very strong player and the other players not knowing the NM matchup very well played a part in his strong performance. Regardless, it was very enjoyable to watch Keev's amazing spacing and patience.

4A+B can be rolled to one side, but I think its pretty legit.

Keev being a very strong player and the other players not knowing the NM matchup very well played a part in his strong performance. Regardless, it was very enjoyable to watch Keev's amazing spacing and patience.

i think they thought they knew the match-up but were proven wrong because Dagoth was trying to punish stuff but was failing. But Nightmare is strong, very strong hah.

Can you mix that deadtrap up with anything? 4BB perhaps if they roll?

That's it, though: 1a if they tech, 4a+b if they stop teching because of 1a. Obviously not something you do all the time, but if you notice they're just playing dead because of the 1a then try a 4a+b. Like Rock's unblockable setup in sc4.

Probably. But it was the same thing with Rock's ub setup. You wait until you know what they're doing and then pull it out. A lot of people will freeze up because not teching for the 1a and then timing the roll for the ub is a pain in the ass to do in the middle of a match.

It's something you might pull out once every other set.

It seems like there's no real way to promote your opponent to tech with SCV Nightmare, outside of 4A+B, which doesn't track rolling very well.

Back