[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

Hey guys,

For those of you that don't know I'll be running SCV at NCR.

A patch was announced and it will be dropping 2 days before NCR. My question to you guys is do we want to use the patch for NCR or should we not?

My opinion is since there are no patch notes (as of yet) and how close it is to the tournament, I feel its best we don't use this patch for NCR, but I would like everyone opinion.

Please let me know,

Gene

Yeah patch is fine even though its bad timing. Also, do you know what the tourney format is going to be like? Like part of SC5 on Saturday then the rest on Sunday. Or i remember from other regionals team tourney being on Sat then singles on Sunday.

Same thing I said on FB. "I say roll with it. It's unfortunate but there's no way to go back to 1.01 if somebody updated right before, and we can only make sure if the person is updated to 1.02, not if they are vanilla or 1.01."

Also, I'd rather have the chance of glitches (QS, Fuzzy, etc) taken out than having them in for a tournament.

If lower characters like Zwei and Aeon get buffed (like many characters with whiffing issues) then I vote for the patch. But if they're going to nerf characters like Maxi and Natsu due to the outcry of mostly scrubs, then I'd like to wait until afterwards. I hope the patch notes are pretty in-depth and we don't have to go hunting through the movelists for changes.

I also hope the SCV Bible won't be rendered obsolete.

Manta: I don't think subjective balance opinions constitute a legitimate reason to push on or delay. I really feel like, because this is technically the second patch and thus there's no way to roll back for a week of practice, that the only logistically sound solution is to go with it. We'll be doing that, anyway, eventually.

Manta: I don't think subjective balance opinions constitute a legitimate reason to push on or delay. I really feel like, because this is technically the second patch and thus there's no way to roll back for a week of practice, that the only logistically sound solution is to go with it. We'll be doing that, anyway, eventually.

Agreed. Yes or no only should suffice.

And by the way, my answer is a cautious yes, run the patch.

I don't like it. Even if the changes were minimal, I won't feel comfortable(or as comfortable). Sadly, I'm not running the tournament, and it seems like majority doesn't mind the patch.

I suppose this means I'm forced to be down for whatever.

I don't like it. Even if the changes were minimal, I won't feel comfortable(or as comfortable). Sadly, I'm not running the tournament, and it seems like majority doesn't mind the patch.

I suppose this means I'm forced to be down for whatever.

It's actually closer to an even split than you might think.

However, I am a firm believer that this should NOT come down to majority rules. Will cause too much drama later down the road. Duenas, if you can check with the TO admin, or even with the EVO committee on their ruling on this, I think that'd be the best way to go.

I vote that they nerf everyone but Siegfried, and make 3B unsteppable, unblockable, un GIable, and un JG able.
They should also bring back Amy for reasons that completely defy logic, taste, intelligence, common sense.
images

Oh. Incomplete stupid post.

Throws are cheap, lag tactics and generic retarded opinion about the Story mode.
... Fan fic, anime rules, and Justin Bieber.

Thug life.

Good points, and thinking about it more, going with the flow is probably the best thing to do.

Sadly I can't make it in time for NCI on Saturday but I can be there as early as 5pm. And Genver, I can drop by tomorrow ~ PM me if ya don't have my cell.

Tourney or not, I'm down to get some games in =)

Patch: Do whatever you guys want, I'm leaning towards letting it slide but that may just be because I heard I might be getting some damage buffs. I won't mind either decision.

Hello all, a few of us from Seattle will be blessing you with our presence next weekend at NCR and I was curious as to weather or not the new patch for SCV will be allowed?

I can see you all are taking a vote on this, hummm?

Gene, lay the smack down brother!!!!

:) :) :)

Patch. I won't feel as comfortable AND my character is getting nerfed - but I don't think it's about all that. We'll have to get used to it eventually, why not just dive in at the deep end.

Just from this thread, I can tell that a lot of fighting game players are born masochists by design (I am one of them). Lol.

Games today anyone? I know Wu is having another gathering but I'm talking about earlier, like from now till then. Hit me up, on here or by phone.

Ok so we got Cedric and Cynan coming up to my place so far. Anyone else who wants to roll through is more than welcome. With four folks if we can get another setup we can rotate opponents and constantly play vs different characters and get some good practice.

I'm in for next Friday, when I'll be in town.

Also I said it on Facebook but I'll say it here too, go with the patch. It's not technically unfair to anyone and no one wants to play an outdated game.

They rolled with UMvC3 as soon as it came out at majors as well, and I doubt this patch will be even close to as much change as that. People should be able to get reasonably used to any changes within 3 days.

Back