[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

[Northern California] Genver RUNS these street

Finally with some free time... I am CRAVING some human competition in SC4. Is there a gathering happening this Saturday that I can attend to play some actual people?

I'm not too comfortable saying it online, but I'll tell you in person because it affects you somewhat too jason. I understand if you gotta go to the wedding, thats only like a (hopefully) 1 time thing and its not as if I won't be visiting on holidays, so in my opinion wedding>gathering. Thanks for the thought though.

Valius: Gathering at my place in Pinole on Saturday.....feel free to join.

Oh yeah just some things to know for people coming on Saturday. Most of you guys have been to my new apt but for those who haven't....I live in apt# 2202 now (building 22). So when you drive into the complex, instead of driving past the guard shack and around it, just make a right turn as soon as you hit the stop sign before the guard shack and go to the phone entry thing. The code for my apt. is 5545 (easier to remember than 6340 lol). After I buzz you in and you drive past the gate thingy, start looking for parking immediately...I live pretty close to the gate. Warning: Parking SUCKS around my apt though, so if you're not lucky enough to find parking close you might have to drive all the way to where we used to park for my old apt (yeah THAT bad).

If 1 or 2 people could bring a PS3 it would be greatly appreciated....I only have one PS3. Whoever brings a system you won't need to bring an AC cord or any component cables....I have cables for every TV I have so all we'll need is just the PS3 itself.

Address for people who have never been here:

3400 Richmond Pkwy #2202
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510) 908-2264

If you use a GPS to get here, it WILL give you the wrong destination point so call me when you get off the freeway for the correct directions for the rest of the way.

See you guys Saturday!

That's great. I finally have a place to bring my srubby Mina playing skills on a cheap Hori stick! What time is the gathering?

Is anyone in the South Bay going tomorrow? If so, I can drive to your place if you're willing to give me a lift up. My car's in working order, but I want to get the brakes checked before I make any long drives.

Hi guys, long time no post. After June 2nd, which is a submission date for our Guitar Hero: Van Halen project, I'd love to play some offline SC4, because playing online sucks. I'm in the Hayward area and would love to play on lagless settings. :)

Haven't i seen you on PSN before?
im in Fremont, if you wanna meet up offline. =D

Hey guys, had a great time at the gathering and hope to see you guys next gathering, time permitting! Time to hit those Soul Arenas...

Haven't i seen you on PSN before?
im in Fremont, if you wanna meet up offline. =D
Oh yeah, I've seen you on PSN! I'm in Hayward, so I'm pretty close. I'm usually busy on the weekdays, but perhaps one weekend?

I know this is last minute but can anyone give me info on how to contact Duckie? Also if Manta was telling the truth about not going to Nats we will also need to contact Orochi and Bentleet. I honestly don't want 2 people short from the Norcal regional.

I'm definitely down to go, though the sooner I know the better. I'm doing a lot of traveling and whatnot over the next couple of months, so I have to get more info and see how it fits into my budget and schedule. But if everything works out, I'm in.

If I do go, I'll of course need to arrange to start practicing with you guys regularly as well, but we'll worry about that later.

If there is another spot open, how is it decided which 7th place finisher gets it?

I need to talk to DFG and he is going to decide based on the total win percentage. So whoever won the most rounds gets the spot, at least from what I know.

EDIT: It looks like I'm getting things rolling to going to Denver after all ~ gotta confirm arrangements while there etc..

So far it looks like one spot still remains for NorCal's Nats spot.

-Manta-

Alright, people. My wife decided to forego Vegas and EVO, since we have plans to go there against the following month. If Botsu doesn't go, my room will be open to a couple people based on how much space I have. Same rules apply as SoCal regionals. This room is for sleeping only. Socialize and game (doubt we'll have our own systems anyways) in the other rooms.

I can't confirm that I can go, but I will know within a week. Any chance I could share a room with someone at nationals? Manta?

Hi NorCal...

*cough*
DEVASTATION is next week!
*cough*

Dude it's more than likely too late to even attend this, you never really posted about your 2k pots or anything.

MORE guaranteed pot announcements are coming. The next announcement will be made soon and you will see more 3D love in the prize money. I can't announce specifics yet, but let's just say SC4 players should keep an eye on this spot.

Are we done yet? No.
Are we going to guarantee more pots/amounts? Could one be SC4? I think you know the answer to that.
What other stuff are we going to announce and WHEN!? Wait for it...

You have been stringing everybody along with this for a long time. Many, many people were waiting to plan trips for this to get confirmation. None came.

Dude it's more than likely too late to even attend this, you never really posted about your 2k pots or anything.

You have been stringing everybody along with this for a long time. Many, many people were waiting to plan trips for this to get confirmation. None came.

Cedric... I was simply reminding those that were looking into coming.

Unfortunately, I'm not the one putting up any of the money. So while I understand you were waiting for a $2k announcement, what was originally planned didn't go through. I don't see it as stringing anyone along as I let everyone know as soon as there was any update on the money situation. Many people also PM'd me to get additional details, which I was happy to relay to them.

There was another possibility of getting some money (although not $2k), and that's still possible, but until it's confirmed I can't say that it is. I did post up that the $2k was almost certainly not going to happen, and that was a couple weeks ago.

If the SC community had shown more interest in DEVASTATION, then it would've been easier to get $2k on the game. The other five games we have $2k on, their communities had a ton of pre-registers and/or a lot of activity on their forums. The sponsors look at that, and many of them feel SC is dead compared to many other gaming communities. In some ways I'm inclined to agree...

I did what I could, and I apologize if you feel you were strung along, but the lack of community support for the event didn't make things any easier for me when I was trying to get $2k from sponsors.

DrDogg: Mentioning the potential for $2K as a prize got people hyped. Had you not mentioned it and just hyped the tourney itself, it's possible you would have had more support. The problem is, everyone was waiting for a guaranteed $2K to commit. And since plane tickets are cheapest 1-2 months in advance, an announcement a couple weeks prior just isn't earlier enough. TiT coming up doesn't help at all.

At the time I posted the DEV thread, the $2k prize was all but confirmed. It was not until some time later that it started looking less likely, as sponsors starting favoring the other games. That's one of the reasons why the full $10k wasn't announced on day 1. I can't announce confirmed prize pots until contracts are signed.

If NorCal isn't coming, that's fine. I only posted in here as a reminder. I also understand the issues with a lack of $2k on SC4 and I hope you understand the issues from my end and the lack of community support.

Back