Not So Fast! (General GI Discussion)

lol this is commen to me. However just fyi B+K Is Glitched with Ezio's low Arrows. And for some reason it also GI's low kicks on some characters... I don't really feel like looking into but you are more then welcome too.

I got this strange feeling you don't like me since the "hidden stuff thread". Oh well.:(

This is all known to most people but I find it helpful to those new to the game that are looking to understand it or get better at it. In the end what matters is that this "known" info is posted and findable here and not lost to them.

I think some characters have kick attacks out of B. Maybe that's the case. As of Ezio, I'll take a look. Thanks for the heads up!

Alright then, i got a bit of a list right now...
(Assuming they go for the String)>< Indicates aGI
Algol-6A,A,>B<
3B,>B<

Cervantes- B,B,>B<
6B,>B<
WRA+B AgI the final stab
WRA,>B<
Ezio-Any Crossbow hit, predictable ones are 4B+K and 2B+K
66B,>B<
6A,B,>B<
WRB,>B<

Hilde- I actually don't know what any of her move notations are, but I know she is quite vulnerable to aGI.

That's a great contribution start! I'll make a list indicating which strings can be interrupted by GI in general and when. Or are simply guaranteed.

I really like your format idea, I'm thinking on making a conversion so I can also point out what version to use from GI/A+B/B+K during X string. To make it even more detailed. :)

Keep'em coming!

For the 8A+B iGDR version the REAL input is to press 4B in the right moment, there is no need for any 214 or something. Pretty easy when you get the timing, but still risky.

I can add a lot if a list is made, but I really don't know how to do the other character's moves. If I described it would someone add the actual command?

I'm working on the official list. Already added all moves from certain characters. It shall be complete soon enough. Check the Cervantes GI thread.

I've been adding the characters GI list lately. Also, hope you guys find the format comfortable.

All moves from (So far):

a Pat
Aeon
Algol
Astaroth
Cervantes
Dampierre
Ezio
Hilde
Ivy
Leixia
Maxi
Mitsurugi

Expect it to be complete in the upcoming days. All for now.

Reactions: IkI
Alpha can't JF Twister after bA; he gets GI'ed.

Same goes for Pyrrha 236B, Omega NS B DNS B, Pat 66B 236B, and Cervantes iGDR. GI's all mid/high verticals (though be prepared to punish afterwards).

Added Natsu's, Nightmare's, Patroklos', Pyrrha's and Pyrrha Omega's

Edit: Three characters left. Expect it to be complete very soon.

Alpha can't JF Twister after bA; he gets GI'ed.

Same goes for Pyrrha 236B, Omega NS B DNS B, Pat 66B 236B, and Cervantes iGDR. GI's all mid/high verticals (though be prepared to punish afterwards).

Some of these are patterns, I'm covering moves and strings. Thanks for the contribution, anyway. :)

Sorry for the double post. Just letting you guys know I finished the list. Let me know if something is wrong/missing as I'm human and after a long section I might have done some oops while writing.

Everything here works as I tested each one of these myself. But like I said I could have written some mistakes, especially when I'm exhausted from too much writing/testing.

I might as well go back and recheck the whole list as I feel I could have elaborated a little bit more in some moves. Like, which moments of a string you can RCC,what move are guaranteed even when they hit you on normal or counter hits, some Just Guard moves i might have missed, etc. Really hope this ends being helpful to some.

Taking a break now...

This is a fantastic contribution to the Cervantes SA and must've taken a while lot of time & effort to put together. I'll be referring to this again and again for problem matchups, knowing just what to GI is such a great way of making the other guy feel helpless if you know the matchup well.

Thank you Moldredd!

Back