Not So Fast! (General GI Discussion)

DYY

[09] Warrior
I would like to apply his auto GIs, A+B and B+K into my normal game. I don't really have the best knowledge when it comes to applying auto gis or even doing regular GIs.

is there any attack strings i should watch for from my opponent? Or when I could use his auto-gis to interrupt.

Cervy's A+B and B+K auto-GI's are very risky to be used since you're guessing. Although it maybe true that you can react to the animation of the attack.

It can be used during strings which are slow enough as well as an animated attack, but that's if you know and see that string about to come towards you; if you're fast enough, activate the appropriate auto-GI. Just be aware that the opponent may actually use a partial string to bait you into doing auto-GI and that sometimes there are other means worth doing than just auto-GI.

Also if you see a pattern on the usage of Horizontals and Verticals then use that at that moment. Like if the opponent usually does a vertical after doing this then activate B+K at the appropriate timing.

Finally A+B maybe use to ring out an opponent when your back is at the edge and you auto-GI someone who's close that does A; same with B+K except that you're in front to counter B from whatever distance.

So in conclusion based on my experience I wouldn't use those two Auto-GI's until I'm confident enough to make an educated guess (not just a random guess); situations such as strings can be used but there's got to be more than just using Auto-GI's and finally I think it maybe least best used for RO's if your back is @ the edge with A+B or when your opponent is near the edge B+K.

Tbh its not that hard to use them on reaction. If you can GI then you can auto GI, because Cervy's auto GI's have the exact same startup with a normal GI (i3) and ALOT of active frames. Only difference (but important lol) is that they dont catch kicks and not A's and B's at the same time.
I would use them vs guard breaks mostly (like NM's 1(A) etc).
Try bA, the move is awesome :P

But Ezio has a better gun lol (hint hint). But ya I could try to be as calm as Vints.

Also to add to my previous previous post, I think 22_88K, 33_99A, DC A are more reliable because they auto-GI and attack at the same time.

22_88K is especially good for RO and Wall splat combos and auto-GI's any A attacks

33_99A and DC A are similar except that DC A guard crushes and I'm not sure either are high or mid. Nonetheless from what I've found they auto-GI A's and B's not sure about kicks. Also worth mentioning is that if I DC A you and you're near a wall I'm guaranteed AA or aB or better yet CE (at any range).

If you block Aeon's BBB, you can use your B+K in between his 2nd and 3rd hit and get a free counter.

Ill do more research about the auto GI moves. What sux about those you said is the they r 8wr so you get the stupid step increasing their startup.

If you block Aeon's BBB, you can use your A+B in between his 2nd and 3rd hit and get a free counter.

B+K Auto Gis Bs, A+B Auto Gis Horizontal A's etc...you mixed that up i think.

Also they really rock, they work on a lot of strings etc....22K seems useless to me, since startup way to late. Not possible to use it on reaction.

Also Agree on bA, funny move..:)

B+K Auto Gis Bs, A+B Auto Gis Horizontal A's etc...you mixed that up i think.

Also they really rock, they work on a lot of strings etc....22K seems useless to me, since startup way to late. Not possible to use it on reaction.

Also Agree on bA, funny move..:)
Ah good catch. That's what I meant. Edited the original post.

We should try to make a comprehensive list of moves/strings you can brainfart your way out of by mashing aGI. Here's my initial contribution:

Astaroth:
44(A)--as soon as you see he's charging, just ready the A+B.
AB--B is aGI-able on reaction without much hassle.

Ivy:
22B BE--A+B the second hit.
1B BE--B+K the second hit.

Leixia:
66AA--You can A+B the second hit on reaction.
FC 3BB--B+K this low if you notice it too late to step it.

Pyrrha:
236AA and 236AA BE--A+B the second hit and never worry about whether there's a third coming.

Voldo:
6B BE and 66B BE--basically any time you see the BE flash, hit B+K. He just spent half a bar to give you 40 damage. What a nice guy!

I've gotten better with landing b+k. I auto gied aeon's bbb string 3 times the same match.

I auto gied xiba's 2nd bb hit, and one of sieg's attacks that I don't know the command for. Works as a good counter if you are being pressured.

You can b+k siegfrieds CE found that out today. Can't post a vid of it but you need to be a yard or 2 away and b+k right after the animation, or you can look me up on xbl uploaded it right away (solemn19). Gonna try some more and see what CEs can be gi'd.

Alright so after a little testing I've found that you can aGI yoshi's and tiras CE as well as siegs. Proper spacing is the key though. For yoshi you want to be a yard or two away and after he starts spinning towards you use the a+b aGI. Tiras is more tricky you have to be far enough away to where she whiffs the initial CE hit and than use b+k as she's spinning her weapon. Sometimes you can even block the first hit and it will push you back far enough to be out of range of the rest in which you can use b+k as well. I'll keep trying more later. Can't say if it's super useful for tournament play but it's definitely awesome to watch people waste a meter.

Yh like everyone says in strings, the easist ones are (I stick to these):

Aeons BBB string (GI the last one)
Raphs BBB, again the last one, I think his other move (not sure what the input is, he can BE it, the one everyone spams) can also be GI'd before the last hit
Other cervy's if they are silly enough to use BBB
The Pyrrha move where she spins and sheild bashes 2ce, then goes for another launch sheild bash, last one can be GI'd
Possibly Pats 6BBB, Ill try test it later if I have time
And finally, definitly the best, Ezio's crossbow, it looks so fucken cool and its not hard to pull of, you jus slap his crossbow bolt back all fiery

I would stick to using it in situatuions you know it will work, not predictions, but thats just me

EDIT: I forgot to mention all of these are B+K

Over the course of this week and next ill be making a nice list of strings / be's that can be easily aGI'd. Here's a fun little one to start. With astaroths 1aa if you jump the first low spin on the second you can a+b It, or if he goes for the b second hit you can b+k it. Can't wait to get this list started.

When Pyrrha does that move where she slides in on her knees to hit low and then mid is the mid hit a verticle or horizontal? I'm usually too busy eating dirt at that moment to notice what it is.

Horizontal. If your fast enough and see it coming you can a+b aGI the first hit. Isn't to hard either. I suppose you could also jump the low and hit the second hit with a+b. I'll test it when I get home.

*tested* it does work with jumping the first low and a+b'ing the second hit looks awesome too.

So you can't block the low and then GI the second? I guess that makes sense as it would probably make him do the WR A+B.

Back