• Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
This pretty much sums up how I feel about Fairy Tail for the past few months-
fairy tail.jpg

Sorry, I jumped the gun there... -___-'
It's okay man, a new season of spice and wolf? I know I'd want to believe it.

Meanwhile, having watched two episodes of kill la kill so far, I can say its good, try it out but expect it to be wacky and perverse. The series also seems to be running with the fast forward button held down. A lot of things don't make sense. Why would a girl go back to a school the next day when the faculty used her as a hostage the previous day!?!? Who FUCKING CARES, EXPLOOOOSIONS!!! Why does a school run a whole town? Allow me to answer that with --FUCK THAT! HAVE A SWORD FIGHT!!! Look, I still don't get how --CHECK OUT THOSE TITS!!! Furthermore, EXPLOOOOSIONS!!! It's fun. Don't think about it too much. Yet.

I remember reading an article someplace where Tite Kubo once said that Rukia Kuchiki was originally intended to be the main protagonist of Bleach. Somewhere along the way though he decided she didn't quite feel like a main character. I can't help but feel this show is a retort to that sentiment that seems to say "Maybe the problem was the setting, not the character?" The main character of this show reminds me a lot of Rukia. Particularily the old days Rukia who would greet people with "Who the hell are you?", took every opportunity to be a wise ass and was comedically shocked when the occasion suited it. The appearance and deep voice only further solidify the impression for me. Except instead of Bleach, we've stuck her in a hybrid of FLCL and a shonen fighting anime informed by grind house 70's movies and mega man.

Btw I was so impressed with studio trigger's work on the show, and really curious about the similarity of its appearance to FLCL that I decided to do some research. Turns out the studio is formed by former gainax employees and the lead animator was also lead on FLCL. That question answered I looked into what else they've been up to and I found they'ed done a fantastic short called "Little witch academia", written by a former Studio Gihbli guy. It's cute and beautifully animated. If you haven't seen it you should check it out.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the BlazBlue anime? It's cool/surreal that it's running and all, but guys, you could shell out a little for an actual intro.

What's everyone watching btw? Only thing that's grabbed me so far is Kill la Kill. There doesn't really seem to be a sword art or Titan this season to capture the hearts of the masses (or at least I have not seen it).

Anyone watching the BlazBlue anime? It's cool/surreal that it's running and all, but guys, you could shell out a little for an actual intro.

What's everyone watching btw? Only thing that's grabbed me so far is Kill la Kill. There doesn't really seem to be a sword art or Titan this season to capture the hearts of the masses (or at least I have not seen it).

I'm with you. Unless Kill la Kill gets serious like TTGL did, it's not gonna survive beyond the season.
My current bet for the season's best is Kyoukai no Kanata. A deliciously dark battle dramady from KyoAni? Yes please.
I'm also watching Blazblue, Kill la Kill, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, andYuuShibu.

Just watched the 3rd movie for madoka magica. fuck, they fucked up the ending yet again!
character breaking bullshit, uggh so mad, but damn it the movie was good!

Back