Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Best new series: Nobunaga the Fool, D-Frag!

Best new seasons: Seitokai Yakuindomo, Chuu2Koi Ren.

Best returning series: Kill La Kill, Golden Time

I'm turning into a sucker for historical fantasy stories.

I personally believe this is bullshit.

PROS:
  • Faithful soundtrack
  • Fills you in on the background mechanics of the world in a much simpler way.
  • Entire cast appears, with all VA's still in their roles.
  • The animation is also faithful to the official art.
CONS:
  • The story revolves entirely around Ragna, Jin, Noel, and Hazama. Everyone else is either seen as secondary (Rachel, Kokonoe, Makoto, Lambda, and Tsubaki) or bit-part (everyone else).
  • For shippers, the studio favors Noel over Rachel for Ragna. Just if you care.
  • It's a low-budget work. There are some silly animating moments.
  • As I said, the games still are required playing to get a full grasp of the universe.
Overall, for a fan of the series, Alter Memory is a 7/10. Without prior knowledge of the series... a 5/10.

The show is mediocre, as a fan of the series
7/10 is the lowest I dare rate a show I have no issues watching all the way through. 6/10 requires some effort to finish, 5/10 means I insisted on playing completionist for completion's sake. 4/10 and lower is dropped.

Blazblue was almost the weakest showing of last season, if not for Strike The Blood (it's one of those "so bad, it's good" things). It probably would've been a 6/10 if it hadn't placed more focus on Makoto or spelled out what the Azure, Boundary, and Takamagahara were in clearer terms.

lol Attack of Titan is on NEtflix already
I was amazed too. Guess whoever is in charge of their anime acquisitions pushed HARD for this one. Speaking of unbelievable things they're gonna be doing a dub/simulcast (dubs up like three hours after the show airs in Japan) of an upcoming mecha show. This is kind of unprecedented and I'm curious how it'll work out.

I personally believe this is bullshit.

PROS:
  • Faithful soundtrack
  • Fills you in on the background mechanics of the world in a much simpler way.
  • Entire cast appears, with all VA's still in their roles.
  • The animation is also faithful to the official art.
CONS:
  • The story revolves entirely around Ragna, Jin, Noel, and Hazama. Everyone else is either seen as secondary (Rachel, Kokonoe, Makoto, Lambda, and Tsubaki) or bit-part (everyone else).
  • For shippers, the studio favors Noel over Rachel for Ragna. Just if you care.
  • It's a low-budget work. There are some silly animating moments.
  • As I said, the games still are required playing to get a full grasp of the universe.
Overall, for a fan of the series, Alter Memory is a 7/10. Without prior knowledge of the series... a 5/10.

I only watched five or six episodes of the show (before my brother asked me to wait for him then characteristically ignored the thing he asked me to put on hold for him) and it seemed alright. Then again I'm not nearly half as negative or picky as a lot of people. That said I haven't seen the whole thing and it definitely could have been better. The show deserved some more time to unravel the plot and a bigger budget. It didn't even have an opening for three episodes. That's just sad. I think extend's opening animation might have had nicer quality than the show itself, lol.

I was waiting to see what my brother thought of it, he having never played through the single player campaigns, but he has been dragging his fucking feet forever, and any attempt to make him watch one of the shows he has asked me to wait on results in him whining about how little free time he has, even now that he's unemployed even now that I have been waiting for months. And if I watch the things by myself he will go into a tantrum about how he was "betrayed" and refuse to watch the things ever. But enough about his character flaws.

Also Noel is clearly the girl for Ragna. There I said it. Not that he's in a great position. At least for Jin things are reletively normal. Ragna's choices are between a clone of his sister and a girl that looks like she's twelve.

I only watched five or six episodes of the show (before my brother asked me to wait for him then characteristically ignored the thing he asked me to put on hold for him) and it seemed alright. Then again I'm not nearly half as negative or picky as a lot of people. That said I haven't seen the whole thing and it definitely could have been better. The show deserved some more time to unravel the plot and a bigger budget. It didn't even have an opening for three episodes. That's just sad. I think extend's opening animation might have had nicer quality than the show itself, lol.

Also Noel is clearly the girl for Ragna. There I said it. Not that he's in a great position. At least for Jin things are reletively normal. Ragna's choices are between a clone of his sister and a girl that looks like she's twelve.

For the most part, I agree. More money + 24 episodes would probably have improved the overall quality, but we got something decent for what they paid.

That said... no. I've never supported clone-cest, so I'm in the Rachel group.

7/10 is the lowest I dare rate a show I have no issues watching all the way through. 6/10 requires some effort to finish, 5/10 means I insisted on playing completionist for completion's sake. 4/10 and lower is dropped.

Blazblue was almost the weakest showing of last season, if not for Strike The Blood (it's one of those "so bad, it's good" things). It probably would've been a 6/10 if it hadn't placed more focus on Makoto or spelled out what the Azure, Boundary, and Takamagahara were in clearer terms.
While i believe you can't even rate a show if you don't finish it. Those 1-4's are 4 different levels of rating, yet you do the same thing to all of them, you don't know.

You can say a show isn't to your liking and drop it, but you can't rate it or judge it as a whole unless you finish it.

I've been watching this new anime and it looks very compromising, I will leave here some info about it.

58139l.jpg

Here is a brief description of the anime:Yato, a minor god, dreams to become the most revered deity in the world with big shrine and all. However, being a penniless god that he is, he has a long way to go and his shinki leaving him doesn't help matter. Later, when he does his job, a high school girl named Hiyori Iki pushes him out of the way of a speeding bus; unaware of his status as deity.

Things get complicated when this incident triggers abnormality in Hiyori's soul, causing her to make an Astral Projection whenever she falls unconscious. To turn herself back to normal, Hiyori must help Yato becoming a better god who can fix the problem, along with Yato's new shinki, Yukine.

Here is the opening:

Pardon the bump but..

Watch these two romance animes.

Golden Time and Nagi no Asukura.

The former is good and keeps me satisfied. The latter surprises me and keeps me begging for more.

However both offer dynamic characters. If anyone is tired of faremance(Harem+romance+fanservice=faremance), give these two anime a shot.

Last edited:
You can always count on NIS to do awesome shit. I actually found noragami to be meh, but alot of people liked it so whatevs. On another note, this season actually turned out to be decent for anime. I was just expecting to watch jojo's and mekkau city actors but i ended up liking most of the new shows

Back