Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I just got back into anime after having a hiatus,started off with Fairy Tail and I'm like in super love with it. I don't know if it's just because of the hiatus or whatnot but I can't stop watching it,I even cried which is not really odd for me since I cry in movies if kid's are involved and getting hurt because of my babysittin' shit but I'm like really,really loving this... :I
rating: 2 thumbs up ~ S/O to otakuparadise for the gif
tumblr_lu7j9pL9Gd1qm18i9o1_500.gif

*waits for Otakus to tell me how lame I am for loving this show and using the gif for the 2 thumbs up rating* ( ~___~) JUUUURRRRRRRRRAAAAARRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I tried to get into Fairy Tail since I loved Rave Master, but something about it just didn't feel right to me. I can't remember when I dropped the manga, something about everyone stuck fighting in some city, and it was really boring. I've heard it got way better after that though, so I might try reading it again when it's finished.

Lol some city? It's a worldwide deal dawg. And Fairy Tail is more One Piece than Rave MAster even if it was the same creator.
In fact it's so much like One Piece he was almost shut down a few times.

In making a list of things to look for on black friday, there are a few catagories so vast that I can't possibly narrow down what I want. Will take any suggestions, looking for something good to watch and read. All I have is the Gunslinger Girl manga series.

Anime
-
-
-

Books (includes Manga)
-
-
-

What do you guys like? It's an area, quite like fighting games, that I know almost nothing about and have started to get in to.

EDIT: Thanks for moving this whoever did! And my bad for putting it in the wrong place! <3

I honestly don't see how it is any more like One Piece than Bleach or Naruto... Don't misunderstand, I love One Piece, I just don't really see the resemblance.

as far as Fairy Tail is concerned I think the anime is just overall better than the manga since you can't catch all the funny ish without watching the anime, whereas anime like Naruto overall is just better a manga, in my opinion...
haven't even bothered to try and get into One Piece so I wouldn't know their resemblance(s) but now I'm kind of getting peeved with all this friends are everything, blah, blah, blah ( ~___~) power rises... couldn't live life without my friends ish... like NUU NUU ~ just when I was getting into it this friend overdose shit is getting to my brain and I want it expunged A.S.A.P. urfff

I've bought mangas and animes like crazy this month instead! =3

High School Of The Dead Anime and the third and fourth book.
Neon Genesis Evangelion Mangas
Galaxy Express 999 Anime
Kamigure Orange Road Anime

Tomorrow i'm gonna' pick up the limited Edition of Zelda: Skyward Sword!! >w<

I got Saints Row 3. A lot of anime including Gunslinger Girl season 1 & 2 as well as the OVAs. (watched it before but i wanted to OWN them) i really want to get the manga's too. but mainly been focusing on winter themed anime like diamond daydreams, tenchi muyo: the daughter of darkness, wolf's rain, Haibane Renmei, and a couple of others that don't come to mind at the moment. i need to finish Kamichu! and ARIA series first before i start on the others. (just a thing i have to finish what i start before i move on to the next anime.) been trying to keep my eyes out for Yotsuba&!

i would really like to get a job more than anything else for christmas though. a long term one not seasonal.

Last Exile is great too. Though you will want to murder one of the characters by the end of it. You'll know him when you see him, or hear him rather. Been meaning to check out Wolf's Rain, Elfen Lied, Spice and Wolf, and finally finish up Claymore.

Finished Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Good series, but the ending sucked.

oh yeah. I finished last exile last year around this time. wolf's rain was really good. Elfen Lied was kind of mixed for me. i just didn't like a lot of the characters and wanted them to die for some reason. but yeah i think i know who you're talking about.

Only about 3 episodes in to Elfen Lied, so far it's a mixed bag. 3 parts stupid to 1 part interesting. Found and watched the OVA's for Gunslinger Girl yesterday. Can't figure out why I like that show so much, likely because it was not what I was expecting. "Little kids with guns, again, yeah this will be stupid..." but it surprised me. Taking Anime in the loosest terms, I recently watched Coraline. Brilliant movie, and certain things in the film make you think, "Their demographic is children?" Some dark stuff in that.

i would really like to get a job more than anything else for christmas though. a long term one not seasonal.

Santa: "What do you want for Christmas little Timmy?"
Timmy: "I wanna decide who lives and who dies!"

I've been rewatching Gurran Lagann recently. I haven't seen much from the last and current seasons of anime, though. only Usagi Drop and second seasons of Bakuman, Working!, and Ika Musume; nothing really that new. Anyone have any recommendations that aren't Penguindrum?

Been meaning to see that, is it any good?
Oh my god why haven't you seen it already. Watch it right now. Don't stop to eat sleep or go potty, just go watch it right now. Now. Right now.

There's always Miyazaki's excellent films. Or Halo Legends if you want to have a really, really good laugh.
I've seen pretty much all of the Miyazaki films. I actually own this huge Howl's Moving Castle book since it's my favorite movie of all time. And ehhhhh noooooot really much of a Halo guy.

Oh my god why haven't you seen it already. Watch it right now. Don't stop to eat sleep or go potty, just go watch it right now. Now. Right now.

I've seen pretty much all of the Miyazaki films. I actually own this huge Howl's Moving Castle book since it's my favorite movie of all time. And ehhhhh noooooot really much of a Halo guy.

I'll bump it up my list then! So far, Princess Mononoke is my favorite of his. On a side topic, I didn't know Blu-ray could do the same for animation that it does for live-action films.

The Halo anime, while on the whole stupid (the one Toei did I liked), was good just to see my Halo-loving friends cry foul.

Back