• New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
why are we posting this iKotomi? lol

anyway Dance in the Vampire Bund ep 1 is out, and I sotra liked the manga because it's art was nice and it was the best vampire related thing to come out in 5 years..... and now the anime is here and ep 1 had an interesting way to start but hte animation quality hurts my brain

Maybe you should get your brain checked up. The animation in Dance in the Vampire Bund was fine. Unlike most of the crap that comes out, pretty much every shot does something. The setting was a live studio for a campy tv show, the animation perfectly suitable for what the episode called for considering how the main "action" was the dialogue.

I'm surprised by the number of haters after just one episode. A diehard group of people that actually read manga are expected, but it seems like a lot of people are just expecting random vampire violence and found the episode boring. Their loss. I'd give Akiyuki Shinbo the benefit of the doubt on this one...unless of course you went into the show not knowing that he was directing it at which point I'd think it's safe to say you won't get what you expected. I'm calling this ahead of time, this one is probably going to be good.

And page, lol...talking about drivel in a thread about anime discussing vampires.

Most of the hate for Dance of the Vampire Loli (and this includes mine) seems to have come before the anime started. The very IDEA of the show (and manga) is retarded and horrible.

But apparently I am the Don Quixote of anime threads.

But apparently I am the Don Quixote of anime threads.

Not really sure what's so quixotic about the whole "my favorite drivel is better than your favorite drivel" gag. That describes the attitude of half the people that watch anime anyways. Bashing loli, moe, etc is hardly unique either.

That shit is weird, you're all weird. I like normal anime with properly drawn human bodies that don't look like little children.

Hate hate hate.

Anyone got any action animes to recommend.

Well ive finally got to watch the kiddy grade season 2 and tower of drauga seris. Both are great im going to watch toradora as soon as i get done with these i need to start the new inuyasha finally watched gungrave which was sugoi!!! gonna watch queens blade for the hell of it. So ive got a few sersis to finish.

No the animation quality wasn't perfectly fine for what it was. The image quality wasn't the problem because i know it was all viewed through a camera system for a talk show lol, that was fine.

there is no excuse as "for what it was" ever, if it's all dialqogue then it better be damn good looking dialogue, and I didn't say it was terrible, just that it hurt my brain coming from SHAFT of all people. I liked this episode, I liked it more than the beginning of the manga and i'm glad it's being made. But that ep 1 animation was great by any means.

I just watched the first 5 episodes of "Magical Girl: Lyrical Nanoha" It's really great, Way better than I thought it would be!

Damn straight it is, can't wait til you get to A's, season 2.

and a few good starts this season, Durarara is something else and Sora no Woto was actually quite surprising, amazing quality put into it.

and I refuse to continue Seikon no Qwaser til it's uncensored

Watched the first episode of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Four minutes in I was like well there's two problems already, the more I watched, what do you know four problems completes it. Then someone mentioned a missing arm, and I was like ohh shit! I might just watch this after all.

That shit is weird, you're all weird. I like normal anime with properly drawn human bodies that don't look like little children.

Hate hate hate.

Watched the first episode of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Four minutes in I was like well there's two problems already, the more I watched, what do you know four problems completes it. Then someone mentioned a missing arm, and I was like ohh shit! I might just watch this after all.

Good to know that like the typical American anime fan, you are easily distracted.

Haaaa! lol I woundn't mind it so much if it wasn't the same generic 4 females characters in every anime.

So right away I can pretty much predict what the story is gonna be, and really that's my biggest beef. Is writing female characters that hard?

Higurashi is pretty awesome though...it's delicious.

ya....... unfortunately MALE characters fall under the same issue dawg, if not more so because the male tends to be the main for a majority.

It's an "issue" with writing in general, and unfortunately a staple in the anime industry is the "school life" which most come from eroge's which most are almost required to have the basic characters down to be published lol. Yay for anime industry.........

I finally got my hands on Gurren Lagann DVD Part 3 limited edition. It was pretty hard to find and I didn't know why. But then I learned that the manufacturers discontinued it... Anyone know why they would only discontinue one out of the three limited edition boxes?

Okay. Anyone got any animes to recommend to me?
Genres I mainly watch are: Comedy, Action, Romance.
The reason I'm asking this is because I need more to watch.
Please hook me up guys.

-NamuSkull

If asked what series will remain popular until the end of time, I think a pretty safe bet would be Da Capo. http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=10714

Comes with, wait for it, FOUR copies of the collectible trading card. That's one for your own private collection never to be unpacked, one to show to other people and look at, one to lend to other people and one to actually play with. If you buy three of them as you're supposed to, that would be TWELVE copies of the card. I don't know how the game works but that could mean you have 9 of them in your deck and still have the 3 for their specific collecting purposes. Or 8 and one to jack off to or something. No, I'm not serious, but GSC's figure is awesome albeit overpriced.

The second game was fine. Nanaka, Yume and Otome in one game is insta-win. Unfortunately whoever directed the first season thought it was a good idea to get through Koko and Minatsu first. Sure you're left with only good characters for the second season, but its really painful getting through the first. Though not as painful as the second season for the first Da Capo. That's why you shouldn't have original stories based off of eroge in the first place, but that's how popular Da Capo is, lol. The only other game I can think of that has stayed popular nearly as long is To Heart 2, though that being said I never bothered starting on it.

Back