Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Guess I should get around to finishing the first Railgun season. I actually found Railgun to be more consistently entertaining than Index, not because of moe, but I guess the focus was on less characters to make it easier to follow and more engaging.

Guess I should get around to finishing the first Railgun season. I actually found Railgun to be more consistently entertaining than Index, not because of moe, but I guess the focus was on less characters to make it easier to follow and more engaging.
Only Railgun is total ass in every way other then animation quality, while Index actually has substance and characters that are interesting.

Railgun sucks, doesn't deserve it's 2nd Season. Hell Railgun almost ruined Index for me, taking cool and established characters and ruining them.

Only Railgun is total ass in every way other then animation quality, while Index actually has substance and characters that are interesting.

Railgun sucks, doesn't deserve it's 2nd Season. Hell Railgun almost ruined Index for me, taking cool and established characters and ruining them.

To be fair, the second half of S1 was filler. The Second season brings us back to the Accelerator/Sisters arc, which is probably for the best. That said, Railgun as a whole puts Mikoto in the spotlight (NO WAI), which is kind of nice given that she's one of the more interesting Science characters. Unfortunately, Railgun also kinda ruins Kuroko for me. In Index, she's this cunning teleporter lesbian schoolgirl (lovely on a resume) with occasional psychotic outbursts, but in Railgun she goes full retard, and we know how that saying goes.

As far as the lack of interesting characters goes, though, there's a simple reason for that: Mikoto isn't Touma. Her abilities are damn good, but it's not the Imagine Breaker. You can't go all out creating super-powerful villains for her because... well, Accelerator and Kakine (LN-only so far) are so far above her power level that she can't win, and by the time the Sisters arc ends, we've begun seeping in enemies stronger than Accelerator.

Then again, if you don't like Mikoto, Railgun's just a complete waste of your time already.

Are you joking? Mikoto is awesome. But her being the main character doesn't help a shitty show. Going full moe gay shit in the middle of serious missions or fights, that didn't happen to her in the other show, is already an insult. And this goes for the entire cast of Railgun, even the damn police force. They didn't even try to keep an interesting story or world going for Railgun, and it doesn't take power levels to make good villains or fights. Instead we still get panty stealing, school girl raping, booby bouncing filler crap instead of anything even mildly interesting.

FYI i have no quarrels with any genre or type of show, Railgun just fails in every aspect of every version it tried to do.

It's almost sexist. Because Touma is the main character, Mikoto in Index is a hardass powerhouse that's behind some of the major plots behind what's going on. Sure she's still a chick and playing the tsundere role for Touma, but she still has broader scope and reason behind her. In Railgun, now that she's the main, suddenly she has to be in a show about upskirt shots and sexual harassment like so many other girl roles in anime these days. No matter what the actual plot was behind any of Railgun, it was ruined in it's entirety from the start, hell even before the start when they decided it was a good idea to go that route.

Im also no activist for any kind of inequality.

Also my stance on this is a "im right and you're wrong, end of story" stance, this isn't an arguemtn it's me hating on what is wrong with JC Staff

You guys should try SAO(Sword art online). If you are a gamer, and you like RPGs this is one of the best animes you could ever see.

You guys should try SAO(Sword art online). If you are a gamer, and you like RPGs this is one of the best animes you could ever see.
Umm yeah
it isn't.

Sorry I've seen it and it was really bad. The fight scenes were amazing though.They never out find why they are trapped by the creator of the game, the main character was never in any trouble, pointless harem, big plot holes, and supporting characters are not every interesting.
It had potential to be awesome but it fell short in all that jazz.

SAO is not REALLY bad, it's fairly simple, has teh boobs, but it's perfectly fine. Definitely worth the watch for action and game related stuff alone

It has a reason though, meaning it ins't really bad. Not to mention the animation is good and the music is alright.
Pros and cons of SAO:
+music (Yuki Kajiura's masterful work again)
+visuals
+acting (it's actually pretty good)
-plot
-pacing

All in all, very flashy with a bland filling.

I prefer Accel World, to be honest. All the pros of SAO, but paced much better and it has a better story (YMMV).

A-1 Pictures made a much better anime following SAO. You need to check out Magi: Labyrinth of Magic.

Back