Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

Someone was saying you can just do 44KK after the 3KKK without the caltrops and get the same damage. Is this true?

^ And videos in quotes make it really hard to edit posts. Lmao.

I could never get 44KK[K] to link after 3KKK. I always had to go straight from PO A:6.
Maybe I should practice it more? It just either whiffs or they tech before it hits.

Ok, some my tests)
6А+B, PO A:6 - neutral hit and counter hit - same reaction.
A+B - no combos after, maybe tech traps near the wall.
22K CH - 6B+K catch back/forward tech, 4A+B - right/left, 44K if they lay on ground.
HoverB, wsK -combos still works, but without FC A+B, 44KK can be tech to the right, but 2A+B catch right tech.
And then -> 2A+B, A+B - gives us the same situation(44KK or 2A+B)) so it is like a loop :P
11K, 66BBE - combo, 4A+B -catch all techs exсept right.
Old wall combos work, but with that tech trap(44KK or 2A+B) in mind

Wall combo for 190-200 dmg.
Very close to the wall 22K(CH), A:6, A6, 6A+B, PO A:6, 3KKK, 44KK(W), 44KK_CE_4A+B

Looks like after 44K(W) we in tech trap situation, but i need to test it.... looks like 4A+B catch all techs and 44KK hit very good grounded

@UW - I think 3KKK might be left/right ukemi'able out of 44KK. Someone said...I forget who...but bombs after this catch that ukemi?

6A+B4 is still a rather safe TC punisher.
I guess, but it's only 22 damage. 40 with the PO A:6.

People complain about Tira becoming a totally different character after the patch. Well we had a combo heavy, CH baiting character who has now become a poke, space and punish character. I thought that's what Pyrrha was for. WTF.

It looks like they don't want Natsu to be able to do combos. They probably just overlooked CH WS K and HOV B.

did you try it at midscreen? because at midscreen the PO A usually whiffs. if you can, please try it for viola, raph, aeon, ezio and algol as well. if 6A+B PO A:6 fully connects as NC at midscreen then it means they fixed the damn hitboxes.

while you're at that also, could you help me check if cervy's aB can punish 66B?

I don't have the patch, but I played without darts for the first few weeks (I didn't know how awesome they were) and I could do 44KK(K) just fine at the end of combo's most of the time. Doesn't it depend on your opponents positioning? Too close and it will whiff for me.

I don't have the patch, but I played without darts for the first few weeks (I didn't know how awesome they were) and I could do 44KK(K) just fine at the end of combo's most of the time. Doesn't it depend on your opponents positioning? Too close and it will whiff for me.

yeah its pretty much a distance issue, off of CH 4B, 3KKK 44KK can be rolled one direction. but off of something that leaves them far away, like PO A:6 it will hit all tech rolls. so it may still be a viable option.

i'd also like to note how strong natsu is at JG. its gonna be important to learn in post patch play. with mastery of A:6 you can punish people hard for things like BB, and other normally safe strings that other characters cant JG punish or could only get an AA or 2A.

tried to see if we could JG punish 2As. tested on mitsu, and couldnt get anything, not even a 2A. maybe there are some character specific ones we can get, but it will require further testing.

Hmm.. So no free 1A after A+B? ecks... that is as bad as no darts haha.

But yah... whenever I play any of my team mates. A:6 shuts down so many of their moves.

So space them out with A+B and if they happen to get close look for opportunities to punish Sophie stab style with A:6.

That was the move I was most concerned with them nerfing to be honest. And I guess the move that online players seen the least of to bitch about haha.

did you try it at midscreen? because at midscreen the PO A usually whiffs. if you can, please try it for viola, raph, aeon, ezio and algol as well. if 6A+B PO A:6 fully connects as NC at midscreen then it means they fixed the damn hitboxes.

while you're at that also, could you help me check if cervy's aB can punish 66B?

At midscreen PO A still whiffs on all those characters, Cervy's aB doesn't seem to punish 66B on block.

At midscreen PO A still whiffs on all those characters, Cervy's aB doesn't seem to punish 66B on block.
So our combo whiffs on Viola, Raphael, Aeon, Ezio, and Algol, all characters who seemed to have gotten a buff this patch? Excellent.

I'm SO glad they decided to ruin almost every single combo we had and not touch all the glitching, whiffing and self-RO'ing (not just Natsu but others like Seig as well). That stuff was obviously meant to be in the game.

Back