Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

ok english version is out, check my 1st post in this thread. i've changed some of my earlier statements, but here's the most notable one:

- A+B: shortened opponent's freeze on hit

does this mean it's still -12?!

Yes, it seems like the opponent can tech faster. That prolly means you can tech trap with bomb afterwards.

Seems like Natsu is gonna be heavy on tech trapping and bombs now, and less focused on fishing for CHs.

Losing poison dart stun is easily her biggest hit, but im sure people will figure out ways to get bomb otg in setups and stuff.

i actually think that A+B 1A will still be guaranteed, given that it's in the command list.

i also think that baiting for 66B and A+B will still be a big thing, and that we all need to give the 6A series a closer look.

If 1A hits "more easily" it means it became a link instead of an ender, guys. They switched out 1A with FC A+B, so we'll be doing ~ 3kkk, 1A, FC A+B instead.
Also ALL her damage is not reduced by 50%.
Look at the hits all the other characters took, too. Nerfs are always to be looked at in comparison to the big picture...

If 1A hits "more easily" it means it became a link instead of an ender, guys. They switched out 1A with FC A+B, so we'll be doing ~ 3kkk, 1A, FC A+B instead.
Look at the hits all the other characters took, too. Nerfs are always to be looked at in comparison to the big picture...
I strongly doubt we will get anything after 1A.

And when looking at the big picture, Natsu seems like the one who got hit by the nerf stick the hardest. Such an overnerf because people on Twitter are whining that they can't learn the matchup and keep eating CHs and bombs.

Still sticking with Natsu, but this patch is pretty stupid.

One thing I'm not exactly clear on, is whether it will just be harder to do the whole combo string if you manage to do get a CH off the now unsafer WS K/22_88K or just plain impossible due to their shortened stun frames.

Either way, I won't quit playing Natsu either, there are more ways to play Natsu than to spam CH fish moves like there's no tomorrow =P

I'm not quitting her either but I rode the character loyalty bandwagon with Jade in mk9 and I'm not intending to make this game another source for frustration. I'll play the character that's winning.

Oh, and SoNG-Of-SiLeNCe please play Pyrrha lol, I hate her whiny ass >:( I was hoping the nerfhammer to hit her hard this time around, but I guess that was wishful thinking, they've always had a fetish for Sophitia. The fewer people that play Pyrrha, the happier I will be :D

If I do play her I'll change her soundset to the one that says "waste of my time" or the one that's deadbeat optimistic going "what a wonderful day".
I'll have to see if Natsu really is becoming shit tier or not. Right now it seems like Viola's 50% dmg combos have been buffed while Natsu can't even combo at all AND got damage-nerfed.

I've put the majority (probably 90%) of my ~200 hours on SCV into Natsu.
Its just not in my best interest to switch characters so this is extremely frustrating.

I suppose I'll wait and see how it pans out but this definitely an over-nerf.

EDIT: Also, what the hell is the nerf on Wind Roll BBB about? If people could easily step the third hit online, why would need to make it easier?

@Protoman it is quite obvious that what people were whining about, got nerfed. They didn't THINK or fact-check anything. They just nerfed whatever they were told. This is why I was saying from the beginning that companies should have their own unbiased paid testing teams who actually fact check information and are paid to test everything.

Question... would CH WS K, 6A+B4 PO A:6 combo still work?

But yah no dart setups make her boring like Taki in SC4.

Not going to drop her either, but there isn't much incentive to player her to be honest.

This patch just reeks of trying to make the online scrubs happy. That is why I feel pretty negative about it.

Just happy that they didn't touch A:6.

Sorry I didn't see this before I made my sticky thread, because somebody originally called it rant thread.

Anyway, this is now the patch changes discussion. I'll lock the sticky and redirect discussion here.

Back