Official Natsu 1.02 Patch Changes Discussion

After some time playing this version of Natsu the thing I miss most is the damage from A+B into 1A.

Losing the caltrops ended up not really changing how I play Natsu too much since there is still 4A+B. They should put this back in though since it made Natsu more fun to play.

6A+B4 is still very strong since on hit they have to commit to Sidestepping or have to block/JG/GI a PO B.

WS K being easier to step didn’t really matter to me since the placement was to get CH from interrupting my opponent’s move rather than punishing Sidestep. As long as WS A is still safe on block and provides a mix-up on hit I am good.

With all of that I am finding myself being pretty much bored with Natsu. I have since switch to Asta and finding him to be a lot more rewarding for guessing correctly.

Oprah stab>66B =(
It's not a whole lot >. They're both tech crouching mids. Natsu's normally does like 50% more damage, but O Pyrrha has the option to get the attack throw afterwards for extreme damage, especially on the just frame. And 66B is like 3 frames slower. Nemesis step can tech crouch longer, but our 66B has some weird sidestep in there that sometimes evades verticals.

I'd say they're pretty close to even. Stab may be slightly better, but not much.

It's not a whole lot >. They're both tech crouching mids. Natsu's normally does like 50% more damage, but O Pyrrha has the option to get the attack throw afterwards for extreme damage, especially on the just frame. And 66B is like 3 frames slower. Nemesis step can tech crouch longer, but our 66B has some weird sidestep in there that sometimes evades verticals.

I'd say they're pretty close to even. Stab may be slightly better, but not much.
Dunno, -14, mega pushback, ROing, Wallsplatting, TCing, virtually safe mid is a bit better than 66B. Not that 66B is a bad move, it's great, but DNS B is just simply retarded.

66B BE does all of that too, (giving advantage on block) but granted, it burns meter.

Yeah, DNS B is kinda broke IMO.

But NS B is -18 on block now.

Speaking of that, how does it make sense that NS B is -18, but NS B4 is -16. How could you not get the attack throw to connect (because the NS B was guarded), and still get the better frames?

just went into training mode and didnt notice if anything was changed with the patch.

everything we have now is intact at least and i dont think they took anything away. looked at stuff like CH 22A/22K into A:6, FC A+B into A:6, airthrow damage.

sadly it also looks like they didnt fix the 6A+B4 PO A:6 whiffing issue, it still sails right over the head of a few characters.

in unrelated news. 9A is high, 8A is mid, hope that clears up the confusion on that move

Hmm... I dunno if it's just me but doing PO 4A helps me with getting PO A:6. Maybe its just my way of making sure I can tell a difference between a:6 and PO a:6 but here lately I find myself doing PO 4a:6. If anyone else wants to try it they are more than welcome to. I like the idea.

ALSO! GAY GAY GAY we still don't have 6a+b4 PO a:6 as a solid punisher. At least getting caltrops on a standing opponent still gives a free a:6

I suppose it was too much to ask to get the caltrop ground stun back. I wouldn't even care if they nerfed the damage, I just want her awesome-looking combo back.

At least getting caltrops on a standing opponent still gives a free a:6
How are you guys getting this? When I do it, caltrops pushes the opponent back too far to land the A:6, unless their back is to the edge or a wall.

it has to be near an edge or a wall, but that is where its most deadly. you can land it as a tech trap after PO B, or PO A:6, the other practical use is after a ducked throw attempt from ivy, natsu, NM, hilde anyone that would want to RO you with their back to the edge. same applies to xiba 1A+B and NM/sieg ground throw you can block punish these moves with FC A+B into A:6.

ok just tested 6A+B4 PO A:6 against ezio, raph, ivy, algol, liz and viola......

still whiffs on all of them (sadface). maybe it will be changed in a future patch, but at least we didnt lose anything.

I was able to connect on Viola every once in a while for some reason though. Seems like it had to do with when I threw the PO A:6 out, but nevertheless, it felt like a very tight window for it to connect. Kinda felt like I had to delay the A:6 just slightly, but the whole thing comboed. And yea, it whiffed on everyone else for me too.

were you anywhere near a wall, or ring edge at all? because it will hit in those situations.

I've seen FC :2::A+B:~ :A:::6: work from the side too on some characters when you're really close to them without edge or wall. Seems to be a different pushback from FC :2::A+B: or something.

Nothing reliable though and she has better step whiff punishers

were you anywhere near a wall, or ring edge at all? because it will hit in those situations.

I was testing against all these chars on an endless stage. Could it also be possible that Viola was off-axis just a bit those times when I connected?

Back