[Ohio] Class is now in session

I'm not much of a Persona player, but the game does look pretty cool & interesting.

Also, completely forgot to post this us earlier this week, but good games to Trent at my place this past Monday on Labor Day in SC5, & good times chilling with Trent & Ryan that day as well. Also, online trolling in SC5 & TTT2 with Ryan was also some great times. Haha.

Pizza, brownies, video games, movies, time with friends, time with my fiance, plus random naps here & there is definitely a good day in my book. Lol.

I'm in Indiana currently
Was looking into some matches locally. But since no one plays in Indiana, Ohio is the next best choice

If you're in mid-South Eastern Indiana then Cincy's gonna be your best option. As I understand it, there's a group of people who play at Arcade Legacy every Thursday night. It's almost a 2 hour drive from Indianapolis if that gives you any kind of reference point for driving. They've got a pretty slick setup down there, but you'd have to talk to either @Sluch or @TiZ for full details.

Cleveland's about 5 hours away from Indianapolis so unless we start Console Combat back up (A tournament we held pretty frequently a while back, though its currently unlikely to start up any time soon) then Cleveland's scene isn't all that realistic for ya.

I can't say anything about a Columbus scene cause I'm not even sure if there is one.

^^Hope this helps :)

EDIT: There's also the Chicago scene, which I've heard is pretty big. So if you're West/North West of Indianapolis that might be a better place to look. bout a 3 hour drive from Indianapolis.

Good looking out there with the helpful post there GGG.

As TiZ & Fukou stated on here, if you want some offline games in SC5, & if you live around Indy, I'd say meeting up with all of us at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati would be a good call. We got a pretty decent sized group of players that rock out SC5. We all usually meet up on Thursdays at Arcade Legacy for Fight Night, so it'd be awesome to see you there & get some offline games in with us, if the trip here to Cincy is not too far for you Dope Dojo. Just let us know.

i saw jesse mention a few weeks ago on fb about just having monthlies instead of ranbats. having a calibur local every month would be pretty sweet. havent had that since coco died last year

I show up every two weeks on Thursday night regardless because the Injustice players love TowerFall so much; gives me extra incentive to be there. I am always down to play Soul Calibur whenever I'm there. Then once the monthlies start up, I'll be showing up to those too. It's hard to justify Calibur at ranbats, but easier to do so at monthlies so I hope it'll work out.

Any you guys going to NEC?
I'm really trying to go again this year. Problem is that it's the weekend before finals (again). I don't think I have any finals or projects due immediately after Sunday (I believe muh first exam is Tuesday, and I'm %70 certain I have no projects due that week), so I think I can go and actually stay until Sunday this time. I'm planning to drive down either Friday morning or possibly Thursday night (of course, only if I'm remembering my schedule right).

IDK, if any Clevelanders are making plans. Generally everything is last minute, but I'll ask Jan tonight if any of them are thinking of going this year. If so, I'll probably ride with them cause it'll probably be cheaper.

I'm bad at fighting games, so no traveling to tournaments for me.

Good luck to those of you going, though! :)

Retail + Management = No Time off in December lol. But i'll most likely make the trip back to SoCal for SCR (Just got back from Exit Wounds this past Tuesday) as well as Final Round since it's apparently one of the hot Tournaments for Calibur. I'd be down to meet some people in Ohio, probably in Cincy because I'm pretty sure there is a Greyhound Station somewhere in that area. I'd try to do a monthly tournament, bi-weekly would be a bit of a stretch.

Since AL is going to be doing monthlies starting up real soon, I will let Jesse know to make sure to have SC5 in that line-up. Once I get some details ironed out with Jesse, I'll post up here & let everyone know what's up.

NEC is always a great tournament to attend. Every single NEC I've been able to go to, I had a great time. I don't think I'll be going this year due to money & getting the time off. I do wish everyone luck that'll be going though.

For next year, Final Round, as well as KIT, will be tournaments that I definitely plan on attending. For the rest of this year, besides Youmacon, I'll only be going to tournaments at AL & the Godlike Saturdays monthlies up in Indy, & that'll be pretty much it for me...once again due to money & getting time off. Lol.

Dope Dojo, in terms of the Greyhound station in Cincinnati, it is directly in Downtown Cincinnati, & Arcade Legacy is very far away from that, easily about a half hour away, & that's by car. Going by Greyhound would not be an optimal choice to take getting there. Also, being management & or working anything customer service related in December is the worst. I know from personal experience. Lol.

Hmm, well that sucks. I'll have to find someway of Getting to A.L then. I've been playing cats from Chi-town and Cali, but haven't really gotten to face anyone on the Eastern Side in offline competition.

Nice! Great comp right there with the Cali & Chicago players. I have gotten to chill & play some SC5 against LP & Hawkeye before. It's always cool hanging out with those guys & getting a solid session in with them.

Back