[Ohio] Class is now in session

Also, in terms of days available on my schedule, I'm always a constant Monday through Friday from 2:30 pm to 11 pm on my work schedule. I try to make it to Fight Night at AL every now & then, but I'm only there for about an hour on Thursday due to my work schedule, so Saturdays are usually best for me since I'm off of work all that day. Sunday I'm off work too, but I usually spend that time with my fiancee, so Saturdays are definitely more condusive for me.
I'll be doing a paid internship at the Dayton VA this summer. So far, my 4-week new employee orientation is only on the weekdays, but I don't know what my actual work schedule will be. I would think stereotypical 8-hour shifts (with a few 12s here and there). I think I'll be fine on Thursday Fight Nights if I'm not too exhausted. While I think it's unlikely, there is always the small chance I might have to go to work on a Saturday, so I need to keep that in consideration.

With regards to a legit SCV tournament, I would be very happy! Considering seeing all the posts of getting as many players as possible, I'm thrilled.

Last edited:
Ryan: Glad to see all the hard work finally paid off, so now you will be getting paid yourself. Lol. Good stuff there my brother.

Trent: I'll send Tanhauser a message next time I'm on PSN to see if he's interested in meeting up for some offline games, as well as seeing if he'd want to participate in a tournament as well with all of us.

Also, next time I'm at AL, I'll see what Jesse thinks & legitimately try to set something up for a SC5 tournament on a Saturday in the near future. If that's the case, I was naturally going to hit up all the peeps I know in Cleveland, Michigan, Wisconsin, Chicago, Indiana, & Tennessee to see if they'll be interested in this as well.

Hey everyone, im new to the offline scene but have been playing since day 1 online. Im trying to get into a legit competition offline. The weekly meetings are a bit much I live near C-bus, so Cinci and Cleveland are about 2-3 hours either direction. plus my work schedule. very much interested in a tourney tho. I don't get on here much but ill check back when I remember too.

thank fellers!

Go away you west coast scum! You are not worthy.
I will murder you son.
Er...
Hey everyone, im new to the offline scene but have been playing since day 1 online. Im trying to get into a legit competition offline. The weekly meetings are a bit much I live near C-bus, so Cinci and Cleveland are about 2-3 hours either direction. plus my work schedule. very much interested in a tourney tho. I don't get on here much but ill check back when I remember too.

thank fellers!
ANYWAYS.

Welcome to the Ohio thread! I guess you already know that Arcade Legacy is the best place for fighting other players who like fighting games in the tri-state area. I'll just do a quick recap. Thursday Fight Nights are great in which the price is half-off ($5) and still gives you the privilege of playing all the other games in the arcade.

Sadly though, SC5 is definitely not as popular as the other fighting games there. You'll typically see UMvC3, Injustice, TTT2, and most recently SSBM/SSBB. I do play some TTT2 and SSB. My work schedule for this summer won't fit to allow me to attend on Thursdays as much, so I may come on a Saturday here and there. Some of our SC5 veterans include Sluch and TiZ, so feel free to talk to them! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask us.

Thanks for the post up with all the info on AL there Ryan. Greatly appreciate it my brother.

In terms of a tournament for SC5, I'm going to get ahold of Jesse about that real soon since UFGTX & traveling to Chicago with my fiancee are all rocked out. I was thinking sometime in June or July on a Saturday about the SC5 tournament to take place. I'll try to round up & iron out some details for this, & when I do, I'll post up & let everyone know.

More Gore: I'm on PSN & play SC5 about once a week online. If you want to play some games online, just hit me up & add me on there. My handle on PSN is the same as here on 8wayrun.

anybody going to evo? wanna have a calibur tourney at rocket punch that weekend?

my finances are just too thin right now to afford the ticket/hotel/alcohol/hookers

I would like to go to EVO, but finances, as well as vacation time will not allow me to go this year. I will for sure be going to Rocket Punch at Arcade Legacy that weekend of EVO that Jesse usually holds.

I'll be going to Fight Night for a bit after work this Thursday, so I'll talk to Jesse about having a SC5 tourney that weekend of Rocket Punch, & if he's cool with it, I'll let peeps know.

So I talked to Jesse at AL last night about a SC5 tournament in the near future.

I mentioned Rocket Punch on 7/12 was a day we were looking at. He said that it would be a side tournament only since the games on the line-up are all set in motion for the main games, & we would only at best have room for one setup.

It's an option, but I really didn't want that with all the tournament craziness going on that day anyway...especially if SC5 was going to be just a slight, side ordeal at best.

I also told him I'd ask around to see if another Saturday would work for peeps. Would there be another Saturday coming up in the near future that people would want to have a SC5 tournament take place at AL?

Keep in mind there's some tournaments such as MWC in Nashville on June 21st, Godlike Saturday in Indianapolis on July 5th, & of course Rocket Punch here in Cincinnati on July 12th that would take those Saturdays out of the picture, but we have other Saturdays in the next month or two that could work for this.

So I talked to Jesse at AL last night about a SC5 tournament in the near future.

I mentioned Rocket Punch on 7/12 was a day we were looking at. He said that it would be a side tournament only since the games on the line-up are all set in motion for the main games, & we would only at best have room for one setup.

It's an option, but I really didn't want that with all the tournament craziness going on that day anyway...especially if SC5 was going to be just a slight, side ordeal at best.

I also told him I'd ask around to see if another Saturday would work for peeps. Would there be another Saturday coming up in the near future that people would want to have a SC5 tournament take place at AL?

Keep in mind there's some tournaments such as MWC in Nashville on June 21st, Godlike Saturday in Indianapolis on July 5th, & of course Rocket Punch here in Cincinnati on July 12th that would take those Saturdays out of the picture, but we have other Saturdays in the next month or two that could work for this.
In terms of my KNOWN schedule, I'm open for 6/28, 7/5 and even I'm okay with 7/12. So far, I don't work ANY weekends, so I'm pretty much free. We can also play some TTT2 on the side and some other games in case we get bored.

Oh, on a side note, I remember WAAAAYYYY back how you absolutely love the Castlevania series. I was listening to some pop'n music soundtracks and these Castlevania songs. They are imported from the Pachinko slot machine game series.

I did some quick research and these are considered the "bonus round" themes from the Pachinko games, lol. The Pachislot Akumajo Dracula ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK series has longer versions in case you want to hear those.

Last edited:
I love me some Castlevania...especially the OSTs off of a lot of those games in the series. I've listened to Castlevania: SOTN, Castlevania: LOI, & Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse quite often on my computer when jamming out to some video game music. Good stuff on finding those songs Ryan.

Also, in terms of a SC5 Saturday tournament at AL, I'm thinking more of a Saturday later in July, since there will be tournaments going on in both Indy & Cincy on July 5th & 12th respectively. Also, I think June 28th will be rushing things too much to get something together & for people to plan going to a tournament, so I'm thinking July 26th will be a good day, but if people are wanting another Saturday coming up more, then we'll rock that out instead.

im still gonna come down for rocket punch.

im down for another weekend too. just gotta know about 2-3 weeks in advance so i can take off work. i got extra vacation days lying around

I'm going to Rocket Punch, SCV or not, because Rocket Punch is fucking awesome.

I like July 26th as a date for a SCV tourney.

Rocket Punch is always the bomb-digity (no pun intended), so it's going to be a good time chilling with everyone there & getting games in. I'm down to play some sets in SC5 during Rocket Punch for sure, but I just know there will be issues logistically to get a legit SC5 tournament going on that day, so if peeps are liking July 26th, I'll talk to Jesse about that tomorrow night at Fight Night when I get there after work & see what he thinks. If he gives me the green light for that date, I'll set it up.

So I talked to Jesse about having a SC5 tournament on July 26th at AL, & everything is good to go for it.

The tournament will be standard format as usual:
> double elimination
>70%, 20%, & 10% pot split for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places respectively
> played on the PS3 console & Asus monitors, or monitors/tvs of equal caliber
> no custom characters
> no Viola Back Throw Infinite
> 3 out of 5 rounds per match
> all sets will be best of 3 out of 5 matches for the whole tournament

In terms of the important details:
> venue fee will be $10
> entry fee for SC5 tournament will be $10
> tournament will start at 2 pm EST
> tournament will be held inside of Arcade Legacy

I'll talk to Jesse to get this tournament streamed as well. Since there is no other tournaments for other games that day (exclusively SC5 only), I don't think it'll be an issue to have Jesse stream it, but I'll check with him to make sure that it is good to go on that front.

Jesse will be there to help with organizing the money & getting the bracket made for the tournament, & I'll be the one to run the bracket for the tournament. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me & I'll be more than happy to help with any info or answers for those questions.

Since SC5 will be the only game to be played for this tournament, I was thinking we can do a SC5 team tournament as well for fun. Let me know what guys think of that, along with any ideas or suggestions for the tournament as well.

I will make an official tournament event thread for this sometime during the weekend. If anyone would like to help in terms of donating systems, monitors, or copies of SC5 for us to borrow for the tournament, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Back