[Ohio] Class is now in session

I don't know what kind of fighting game scene Columbus has, but if they run a tournament for SC5, I'd like to go.

To my knowledge, I didn't think anyone from Columbus, Ohio played SC5 at tournament level. I only know a few that play it casually, & they only played at a few tournaments at AL when SC5 first came out, & that was about it from what I've seen. If there are more players playing up there, that'd be awesome. I'm sure you can let my buddy Keist know to get something going up there, since he is the one that pretty much organizes all the fighting game tournaments up in Columbus now.

I was really wanting to make Final Round this year, but IRL stuff came first in terms of taking care of car repairs & my fiance's medical expenses, so it just wasn't in the cards for me this time around. I'm glad you had an awesome time down there Eric. That sucks you won't make it down here for Alpha Attack this Saturday, but there will be other chances for some Calibur to happen for sure.

I still haven't talked to Jesse about running the next Soul Legacy event. I've been busy with real life stuff, so I'll converse with him & get something ironed out for that shortly. I'm thinking I am going to have that in June now since April & May seem pretty preoccupied tournament-wise, so we'll see what's up, & hopefully get that squared away finally.

Good games to Ketoshira yesterday in SC5 when we played online.

Also, to all the peeps that are going to AL on Saturday for AA, I'll catch you all there. Look forward to some good games, chilling with everyone there, & of course some Roosters afterwards.

Soul Legacy better not be between June 4th-7th or I will... huff a lot and ultimately do nothing.

Excellent. I'm going to Colossalcon no matter what, and it'd be a pity if I had to miss Soul Legacy on account of that.

So a thing came up, namely my cousin is having his birthday party at 6:30 tomorrow. I didn't know that until today, go figure. So I won't be there :(

There ended up not being a SC5 tournament. There were a whole lot of people who couldn't make it out this time. It doesn't bode well for Soul Legacy.

When we get Soul Legacy arranged, you guys *have* to make it out or it will fail, and that will be the last nail in the coffin for competitive SC5, at least around here.

I concur with Trent. I don't want Soul Legacy to fail, so we got to support the event, or else it'll do exactly that. I was sad we only had Ryan, Trent, & myself as the only ones that entered Saturday, so we all & Jesse (AL owner) decided not to have that tournament for SC5 at Alpha Attack.

In terms of Soul Legacy, I decided to have it either Saturday June 20th, or in conjunction with Alpha Attack that month (which will most likely be June 27th since most of the time Alpha Attack occurs on the last Saturday of the month). I'll hit up Jesse to see if those dates work, & I also want you guys to let me know what day works better, & then we'll go from there.

The only major I know going on in June is CEO on the last weekend of the month. Evo is July 17th - 19th & Combo Breaker will be Memorial Day weekend, so the projected dates won't interfere with that. In terms of Cons, the ones I know going on in June are Colossal Con in Sandusky on the first weekend of June, & then OMG Con in Owensboro on the second week of June, so those won't interfere with the projected dates either.

Also, good games to Trent & Jesse in SC5 on Saturday. Definitely nice to get some offline SC5 matches in for a change.

Last edited:
So I talked with Jesse about Soul Legacy, & he said that June 20th would be a good day to run it. I will hit a lot of you guys up to see if that works as well. If not, we can run it on June 27th also.

Once we decide what will work best, I'll make an event thread on here, as well as the Soul Calibur Facebook page to make things official.

I was leaning more towards June 27th before I made my post on here. Since Lauren & I want to celebrate her Birthday at Coney Island on June 20th, it pretty much settles the matter.

I just wanted to make sure the date chosen works out for everyone, which the 27th seems to work best.

Since that's the case, I'll have both a Tournament thread on here for 8WR, as well as an event thread on Facebook, along with a post on the Soul Calibur Facebook page to let peeps know what's going on. They should all be up in the next few days.

Back