[Ohio] Class is now in session

Ah shit, that's right, CEO. ...But wait, they don't have Calibur.

What about June 13?

CEO will have a side tournament for SC5 & SC2HD at the event. I've seen PW post about it on here & on the Soul Calbur Facebook page.

In terms of June 13th, I'll be out of town with Lauren & possibly Ryan at OMGCon, so that'll be a no-go there on that Saturday.

I know June 6th is ColossalCon, so that won't work.

As we stated for June 20th, that's Lauren's Birthday party, so that won't work.

Going into July, the first weekend is Independence Day weekend, & I believe the second or third weekend is EVO weekend & Rocket Punch at AL, so those won't work either, so I think June 27th will probably be the best weekend to have Soul Legacy, it just sucks that it falls on the same weekend as CEO.

I don't really want to push this out till late July, August, or September because Lauren & I got to have that time to get stuff ready for our wedding on September 13th.

I know late May would be bad as well, with Memorial Day weekend (May 23rd & 24th) having Combo Breaker, & the following Saturday on May 29th being MidWest Championships.

The only alternative I can see work would be either May 9th, or May 16th working, instead of having Soul Legacy on the same time as CEO on June 27th. It might be a little short notice, but one of those two days might work out better, & I don't believe any kind of tournament, convention, or anything of the sort is going on those days.

Let me know what you guys think. If one of those days works better, I'll get it approved by Jesse at AL, & start making the event threads for this.

They both look good to me, but May 16th looks slightly better. Daycia is doing a smash event on the weekend of the 8th, and she has an event for it, but does not mention where it's actually taking place. I would imagine the arcade. I don't see anything on the 16h.

I'm liking the 16th as well. I saw Day had that event for Smash, but no venue. Lol. I'll let Jesse know about that projected date, & we'll go from there.

Thanks Fukou.

I was talking to Jesse & he said that Daycia's event isn't there on May 9th,& that there's a separate Smash event going on for May 16th, along with birthday parties that day, so that Saturday is looking not so promising as of now.

He told me he'll keep me posted, so once I find something out, I'll let you guys know.

Well, if Day's event on the 9th isn't gonna be at AL, why don't we use that day? Smashers are gonna smash, it doesn't really have much bearing on what we do. There's not a whole lot of intersect between smash players and calibur players; FromUndaMan is the only one who comes to mind.

Arcade Legacy used to be the premier Vampire venue, too.

AL was known as Vampire Arcadia. Unfortunately since Kyle Wattula left, the game kind of fell off for other games. I miss VS.

Also, Trent, I just talked to Jesse, & he said May 16th will work, so I WILL have all the necessary threads up for this in the next few days for Soul Legacy.

Last edited:
So, we're joining forces with the smash event?

...Honestly, that's probably actually a pretty good idea now that I think about it.

Good games in SC5 to Trent yesterday at AL. Definitely an awesome session for sure, with lots of craziness going on with moves missing due to crazy hotboxes. Lol.

Soul Legacy 2 is in 3 weeks. Let's get that practice in & get hype...for our dead game. Lol.

Just played MKX at EL today. I am SOOO loving the game, especially D'Vorah. The game is kind of like a 2D version of Tekken, even Quinton agreed, lol. Also, it feels that D'Vorah is like the MK version of Zafina.

MKX is fun. I played it last week & was really liking it. I went back to Kitana since that's who my main was in MK9, & I really dig her Royal Storm & Assassin variants. I'm also real hype about Erron Black & his Outlaw variant (shit is strong), so I'll be looking forward to playing some more of that game for sure. Unfortunately I don't have the game or a next gen system, so playing it at other people's places & or AL/EL will be my best bets to play the game & get some practice in. Lol.

You could always grab it for pc if you are brave lol. I will be picking it up on pc when my $$ comes in at the end of the month probably

I'm not that brave Fukou. I'm going to have to turtle away from the PC version, & patiently wait for when I get a next gen system. Lol.

Back