Ok, I Gotz A Question

LitTLeDizZyURiNe

[08] Mercenary
Ok this has been bothering me for quite sometime now...so....

you know in fighting games such as street figher, tekken and virtua fighter the story goes as such: a bunch of people get summoned (by the evil antagonist) or enter a tournament. now my question is are the stages you play (arcade mode/story mode) part of the tournament or on their way to the tourney they bump into each other and fight?

Personally, I think it's a contest to who has the lamest ending... so far, my money is on Rock... nothing says pointless like running up to a cliff, raising both of your arms in the air, and yelling out your son's name with animal noises... if I was Bangoo, I'd probably find a less embarassing dad XD.

To actually answer your question, the stages are part of certain character's special stages, in that they probably train there the most or something... I really don't care about the story, so yeah, I guess you can call their locations their "preferred place of practice".

I've always loved watching the cutscenes in some games, especially tekken as far as story goes tekkens aint that bad and its pretty fun watching the cut scenes. SC on the other hand is so cheesy...

Blazblue has potential to be intriuging... not that its there yet, but I can see a direction or two for it to take.

Well, for the most part, I'd figure that they're either locations for the tournament or simply the scenes for random non-tournament encounters. Some of the places can be unusual, sure, but it's not unreasonable to think that such places could've put in special bids to be a part of the tournament. That poor wine-maker...

It's probably a mixed bag. Some stages are tournament locations, some are fighters just running into each other and some are clearly the result of one guy/girl showing up in another guy's/girls hood to call him/her out. I suppose we could just go by what makes the most sense in each situation when we wonder what's going on. There's even "dragged to an evil lair".

well im sure that stage with the sheep and yodelling, the 1 with chickens and pigs and the tomatoe festival arnt part of the tekken tournament xD

I hope if SCV gets released there are more joke stages.

Actually, here's another thing: Normally, like in MK or Tekken, the final boss is the guy that set up the tournament, not a competitor. In order to actually win, you need to win the tournament, plus beat the tournament holder. If you lose that last fight, who gets the prize money? Does it get donated to charity as there's no winner?

In Tekken, with Heihachi as the final opponent, I take that to mean that Heihachi competed himself, and is just naturally that bad-ass that he makes it to the final round. In which case, victory simply means a huge profit, along with reinforcing the ego that he is the best of all. In Mortal Kombat, the reasoning is undoubtedly more than simply profit, as even a cursory glance at the story would suggest.

I'm sure it's a mix of both... Such as in BlazBlue, most of the time you are just "bumping in" to your opponents. Whereas, in Mortal Kombat (tournament style), most of it takes place at the tournament.

And... btw BlazBlue's story, so far, is really decent. I'm really hooked, trying to find out wtf is going on.

Back