OmegaDR Wins Final Round 15 in Atlanta!

With 251 entrants, Final Round 15 in Atlanta, Georgia, may have been the largest Soul Calibur tournament on American soil in the history of the series! Huge congratulations to all the placers!

Top 8 are as follows;

1. OmegaDR (Nightmare- Miami)
2. Hawkeye (Natsu- Chicago)
3. Thuggish_Pond (Leixia- Chicago)
4. Wing Zero (Xiba- Atlanta)
5. Sword Lord (Pyrrha/Leixia- Atlanta)
5. Lolo (Yoshimitsu- Mexico City)
7. Dreamkiller (Natsu/Leixia- New York City)
7. EMP KDZ (Astaroth/Seigfried/Maxi- New Jersey)

Shoutouts to everyone I met at Final Round. Hates, FilthieRich, Dreamkiller, Ramon, Providence, Typhoon, Hawkeye, Thuggish, GreatOne, Bibulus, KDZ, Jaxel, Omega, Lolo, LinkRKC, and IceColdEdge. Good shit to everyone, thank you for coming out to Final Round XV and representing the community, and may it continue to grow.

Hawkeye, you kicked ass, been rooting for you til it got too late here in Europe, I'll watch that final round though.
Congratulations to Omega for first place, and to everybody else who had the balls to compete. You are all winners! :)

Love watching a perceived low tier smash through a gauntlet of higher tier characters. I don't know if anyone can consider a character being handled by omega an "underdog" though.

Hopefully the Nightmare SA mods get off their assess and get that wiki completed!

well what do you know omega won, congrats

(wow i cant believe i actually beat him once online, we only fought twice in ranked though, so were still tied, but who cares i play this for fun)

I enjoyed everyone i met... N i still Love u Lolo even though u tried to get me disqualified ... Lol... I love this community n the ppl in it.. Shoutouts coming soon.

Amazing job, Omega! I knew you could do it. I was rooting for you all the way! Congrats to Hawkeye, Wingzero, lolo, thuggishpond, Dreamkiller, and KDZ as well.

I'm real proud of Sword Lord. No gimmicks there, that was all solid! You made me proud, sir.

Mick you did great too, there's no shame in your placing. I know you'll take what you've learned and come back stronger than before. Same goes for you too RTD! Your Mitsu was incredible.

I only wish I had been there too. It looked like so much fun! It was fun watching it on the stream, but it's just not the same when you're there and you can hear everyone chanting, "ATL ATL ATL ATL". I love Atlanta!

well what do you know omega won, congrats

(wow i cant believe i actually beat him once online, we only fought twice in ranked though, so were still tied, but who cares i play this for fun)

wow you'are as good as omega. If only you entered this tournament you'd have at worse gotten 2nd place. You should have went buddy!

Congrats to top 8! Special Congrats to 1st! Props to Chicago now having two beasts! Props to Wing-Zero still being a beast!

Other than that I feel this needs to be said... The commentary for SC5 was absolutely horrendous. No disrespect to Hates but the constant bashing/hating on swordlord on stream to the stream monsters was not only disrespectful but cringe worthy listening to it for what seemed like forever.

General dislike or whatever for a member of your community should stay within the childish environment it came from. I can't stress how distasteful and dumb it was to hear that shit on stream over and over again for an eternity. It's even dumber when the guy continues to win and create upsets in the process.

The commentary for SC5 was absolutely horrendous. No disrespect to Hates but the constant bashing/hating on swordlord on stream to the stream monsters was not only disrespectful but cringe worthy listening to it for what seemed like forever.

General dislike or whatever for a member of your community should stay within the childish environment it came from. I can't stress how distasteful and dumb it was to hear that shit on stream over and over again for an eternity. It's even dumber when the guy continues to win and create upsets in the process.
Kinda didn't want to go there because this is woo hoo's and shout outs but I guess it did need to be said. I sneered at them over the stream chat, too.

Unprofessional, immature, and general wtf feeling. I don't care your parents don't like one another and I don't care his socks stink worse than his mouth does, personal dislike has no place in any sort of commentary.
Nobody. F***ing. Cares.

I completely disagree. Swordlord made a complete ass of himself here for so long that he deserves no respect what-so-ever. He deserved to get put on blast like that. If you're going to be a cocky scrub, expect to get shit on.

Props to the top 8 though. That was a great tournament to watch!

Hawkeye is my boy! I never doubted him for a second.

Nerf Nightmare.

ps. 80s style wrestling commentary is best. Biased as fuck and who gives a shit.

the commentary may have been childish in the end, but at least it had personality at that point. it was like 2 hours of bib and hates trying to geek 1-up each other with frame data and punish shit and absolutely zero hype.

hates and bibulus are both very good commentators, but have like an identical personality. they DESPERATELY needed a hype man or yes man to at least pretend that he was excited about it and build excitement while the other gave technical details. bib/rich or hates/rich or bib/markman or hates/markman all would have been tolerable. as it was, though, it was torture for the first couple hours.

rofl, at one point i remember RTD and wingzero were playing tekken SC keep-away and hates said, "this is really exciting if you understand what is going on." and then went into some technical jargon.

may as well have told the stream, "i know this is really, really boring, so here are some esoteric words and numbers to make it worse."

oh well. still a great stream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back