OmegaDR Wins Final Round 15 in Atlanta!

With 251 entrants, Final Round 15 in Atlanta, Georgia, may have been the largest Soul Calibur tournament on American soil in the history of the series! Huge congratulations to all the placers!

Top 8 are as follows;

1. OmegaDR (Nightmare- Miami)
2. Hawkeye (Natsu- Chicago)
3. Thuggish_Pond (Leixia- Chicago)
4. Wing Zero (Xiba- Atlanta)
5. Sword Lord (Pyrrha/Leixia- Atlanta)
5. Lolo (Yoshimitsu- Mexico City)
7. Dreamkiller (Natsu/Leixia- New York City)
7. EMP KDZ (Astaroth/Seigfried/Maxi- New Jersey)

OmegaDR = Omega Drive, lol... They called him like that once to play in the tournament.

Ah cool. Congrats to him, such a beast!

Love the fact that controller technicalities are haunting him again in grand finals :D

wow you'are as good as omega. If only you entered this tournament you'd have at worse gotten 2nd place. You should have went buddy!

i play this for fun, i dont care about being the best or a "famous player", to win a tournament i would have to put all my free time in this game and study every character, heck if i probably fought Omega right now hed beat me you think i care?, its a video game people

edit. "im a famous vdeo game player, ive achieved greatness in life wujuuuu!!!"

Talk about controller issues, unbelievable, I had so many of those on Saturday having to use Suphy's horrible horrible pad... made it so much harder to get through pools... anyway got it straightened out for Sunday.

I haven't seen the commentary, but I expected Hates to... Hate about some unimportant shit that happened like over 3 years ago. That's his problem, I really don't care.

It was so funny how folks were all scared of Nightmare at this tourney, rethinking tiers and shit all cause of Omega.... having like a 1 hour practice mode session in the middle of the tourney to try and figure out how to play against his weak ass. Nightmare isn't that good a character, period. The ONLY reason Omega won this tourney is because he is the best player in the world. I've said that about him since sc3.

Great shit to Hawkeye, you came prepared, your Natsu is really fun to watch and play against. Get ur ass on Xbox live.

Congrats to Thuggish for bein a spamming noob and countering me and Wingzero's styles. We'll be goin to the lab and be ready for ya next time.

Was a great event, nice seein everyone. I hope they archive the stream footage.

Hey, you play Alpha now - I wuv you! =3

It was just boring to see the lineup for SCIV tournaments, pick out the Ivy players then decide which one was in best form on the day to know who was going to win...

How many Majors must NM win before people admit he's Top Tier?!

OMG THANK YOU! I"ve been saying this for the longest. NM is top tier imo hands down, he's just too good on this one. Leixia, Xiba, and Asta also.

Good job too all who placed and bad salt for Hates commentating. If you don't like Sword Lord, leave it off the mic please!

Still surprised that all those rush downs brought Hawkeye's Natsu's too the finals, but if it's working don't stop it!

Pretty awesome tournament. Props for Omega for beasting the GF. Also hawkeye with the best Natsu up to date....a pity you cracked up so hard in GF.

At the same time im really sad, no serious tournament in Germany till summer...and USA gets 16k MLG Pots....fuck this! :P I live in the wrong country....

Happy to see 2 of my mains(Yoshi and Natsu) place high. So congrats to lolo and Hawkeye. My heroes. <3

Congrats to the winner OmegaDR.

Also congrats to those who made it out. Wish I could of been there, but certain things hold me back.....

Was a great tourney to watch and participate in. Definitely something I look forward to doing again. Thanks for a great top 8. And lets keep SCV hype at all the tournaments

NM isn't top tier no one will win that argument. Omega and Keev are both NM players from SC4 and both really high level players. And this NM is different but he pretty much plays the same as he did in SC4. Throw/mid. Except his back dash is better and his step is still GDLK.

Basically what I am saying NM players didn't have a lot of new stuff to adapt to. We know how to play this character, so we have a head start from everyone else.

He's decent and he can win tournaments. However, well look at his frame data.

I was surpirsed at the amount of Leixia players at Final Round. I only thought that there was a few of us out there in the offline scene.

I had A LOT of fun at my second Soulcalibur tournament. Even though I didn't enter, I ended up making $135 off money matches alone, so I feel like I'm much better than I think I am at this game.

Shoutouts to everyone that I saw and played all weekend. PLEASE DO NOT let this game die after EVO 2012.

CONGRATS OMEGADR (MIAMI) LAWL ???? DR= Dominican Republic

omeg pwnd with zasalamel they remove zasalamel, now pwnd with nightmare, killing natsu and all those SSSSS RANK CHARACTERS.......

Congrats and haters start hating cuz omegadr is staying for a LOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS OMEGADR (MIAMI) LAWL ???? DR= Dominican Republic

omeg pwnd with zasalamel they remove zasalamel, now pwnd with nightmare, killing natsu and all those SSSSS RANK CHARACTERS.......

Congrats and haters start hating cuz omegadr is staying for a LOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!

He moved to Miami and of course America assimilated and now will sell him as an american player...dont remember the mexican guy in Team USA?

:P

If you didn't like the commentary. Put that shit on mute! Nice to see everyone <3

Yeah but we should not have to. Why can the French commentary be god-like while the english commentary is below average?

Don't get me wrong, I think you guys have it in your to deliver top of the line commentary. But compared to the other commentary teams (well except tekken, that team also was pretty bad), the Soul Calibur commentary was not up to par.

I mean, I don't play Marvel because I know im terrible at it. But I still watch those streams because James Chen and Ultradavid or whomever they put on stream (Yipes, Skrillex etc) know how to blend the right amount of hype with the same amount of history, data and personal comments. It makes a game which I have no interest in playing, very fun to watch.

SC5 on the other hand (a game which is equally capable of a similar amount of hype, look at Asenka's commentary on the French Streams); came off very bland and almost painful to watch with the sound on.

I have only a limited idea of what Asenka is saying but it is HYPE! And he's a one man team. The commentary should not copy his style but it should at least AIM to reach that level. Non of this "put it on mute cause you are hatin' " nonsense. That's a loser mentality coming out of the mouth of a winner and a great community guy.

I know you guys have it in your to deliver a great product. But it first has to start with the will to improve and change.

The UK commentary team at WGC was very good as well. Synraii and his partner (Hyrule was it?) did an excellent job. Though its also slightly technical, the positiveness of the commentators makes the match very much worth watching. Even though Eggmaster was out played in the match, they still tried to make it sound like he had a glimmer of hope. Never negative about the guy. They commentated on the situation which he was in and kept the audience in the match, which is what commentators should always look to do. The community should fly you guys out to commentate at EVO if no improvements are done before then :D.

http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse/b/308983791

Do we want SC5 to be taken as a game which will stay in the same hype/importance bracket as Marvel, SF4 etc?

If Soul Calibur is to make that leap, the commentary on streams has to be God-tier. Nothing less will suffice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back