On what console will you be getting SC6?

Well, what console?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Xbox

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • PC

Votes: 56 58.3%

• Total voters
Is it worth it to make the switch from Xbox to Playstation for the game? I need some opinions.

I played SCIV and SCV on the 360. I like the controller and the network for online play was good on SCV.

I can't do PC, at least not until after the game is out. And I'm not really interested in a potential Switch version.

You shouldn't be buying a PS4 just for one game. But the community on PS4 will be the most popular.

I myself will be buying it on PS4 for the community and PC for performance.

Is it worth it to make the switch from Xbox to Playstation for the game? I need some opinions.

I played SCIV and SCV on the 360. I like the controller and the network for online play was good on SCV.

I can't do PC, at least not until after the game is out. And I'm not really interested in a potential Switch version.
PS4 is certainly much more popular than the Xbox One so that will see more players overall, but I'll be very surprised if Xbox One doesn't get a very active online community as well. I hate to say it, but I think PC version has the lowest chance of having a large, active online community.

It's anecdotal, but I've heard of people having trouble finding different people to play against in Tekken 7.
I will concede that I don't know anything about Tekken's PC health but also anecdotally I do know a few people who might be getting Soul Calibur because it's on PC whereas there's no chance they would have got it were it on the new consoles alone.

I think the online community will be spread quite even on all platforms. PlayStation is obviously the most popular in Japan, so it will have most of the jap players, while PC is not that popular as a gaming platform there, from what I've seen and heard, and Xbox was never successful there. America will have many XBOne and PS4 players, and Europe will probably have more EU players. And I think the PC will have a large community too, because the PC version will most likely be superior over the console versions. Also, the PC will have the advantage of free multiplayer.

I should probably buy a Dragon Slay Universal Fight Stick just to be sure that i'm able to play on both consoles and PC too of course.

Tekken, even before the holiday sale, has had a steady ~2000 players online at almost all times on the PC.

No doubt some of this is due to the extra lag on the PS4/Xbox (which has been significantly reduced now).

I think all platforms will do well enough to find many matches, but the PS4 will probably be the most active. I

Last edited:
It's anecdotal, but I've heard of people having trouble finding different people to play against in Tekken 7
People in general have this problem in Tekken 7, regardless of platform.
Lack of content and buggy online alienated a lot of people in the first months, despite high initial sales.
Also, Tekken 7 is wrong example of PS superiority for fighting games, as T7 had better online on PC and thus community was a little more stable on it, which is exceptional as usually fighting games are half-dead on PC (aside from modding) compared to PS.
Considering that SC6 is a Bamco's 3D fighter too, there are some chances that it will repeat PC>PS case.
Which is sad, as I have a PS4 for games and a 7 year old laptop for PC, that is basically a toaster in terms of games running.
Let's hope for equally decently optimised game for both PS4 and PC with SC6!

At the moment, X1, considering most of all the SC's are on there, (well, besides SC IV and V not yet backwards compatible. Only SC I and II). Then maybe PS4 down the line when its on a good sale/discount, etc. PC though, no, my current PC won't even handle it, lol.

I'm already a PC gamer outside of Soulcalibur, and I don't have an interest in picking up a new console this time. Plus my stick is 360 based so it'll work fine without any modifications.

I think I'll go with PC for this one as I much prefer PC gaming to console gaming these days.

Back