Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

Thanks for your feedback, brucege! I've been looking forward to it. I'll expound on a few points you brought up.
- You'd be surprised how popular Japanese names are in the Philippines these days, but that has nothing to do with why I named this CaS Kenji. I just wanted a reasonable pseudonym that resembles my real name.

- The white border on the pocket sticker is so frustrating. Using a low-resolution image is one thing, but we didn't have this problem in SC5. That we have it now in SC6 implies we somehow went backwards.

- Regarding Yuugen and Soul (the floating space spirit CaS from SC5), I'm quite fond of Soul's design, too, but I wanted to put in more effort than to just make him again in SC6. The frayed, drab brown robe is a deliberate choice; it's a counterpoint to the more cerebral and fantastical theme of the cosmos. The character that developed in my mind was a monk (all the scientists back then were monks, go figure) who had become so consumed by his cosmological studies that he ceased to exist as himself and became some kind of semi-tangible cosmological entity; I guess I can call it a "spirit," for lack of a better term. With regards to giving structure to the body, my approach was actually in the complete opposite direction; I was sorely in need of amorphous shapes and fuzzy textures. That was why I chose the goat feet; the fur, though not used as fur here, gives a cool visual effect when used with dark colors that lends itself well to ghostly designs.

- Regarding Sprezzatura, shape is by far the most important facet of her design, even more important than coloring. Her being a water elemental, I wanted to express the concept of water currents. As you said, Tira's shawl came in very useful for that. The Rococo Skirt has very floaty physics; combined with Xianghua's movements, it sometimes becomes very reminiscent of a whirlpool. Despite all that though, maybe the design could benefit from having something else on it besides water.

Long time, no see, folks! I finally have some time to get caught up with all the recent changes to SCVI, so here's what I have for you tonight:

Creation notes:
  • This is my design for a Scottish SC character. The main archetype is that of a Highland swordsman, hence the tartan and tam-o-shanter (the beret with the fuzzy ball on top).
  • To further play on the character's Scottish background, I thought to make him a rival for Ivy. Thus, I chose Geralt's style for him to throw in a bit of the mage knight archetype into this character. Vitis & Torlunn remind me a bit of a Scottish broadsword and claymore.

Creation notes:
  • Based off of her character art in Raphael's and her own campaign, her design in the SC3 intro, and this concept art:
  • The twintails are made from beetle horns, color matched to the hair
  • The collar is made of an eye sticker and two pocket stickers, all placed by projection. The eye sticker's effect works better from a distance.
  • Aside from dirt stickers, the Gothic Skirt and Surcoat are given a dirty texture with the tiger stripe pattern, with the stripes matched to the same color.

The latest Cassandra update is really making me wish I had more time to play, but it just isn't in the cards right now. Nevertheless, as soon as I heard she was available, I had to go ahead and make these.

Cassandra Pikachu.jpg
Cassandra Solaire.jpg
Cassandra SC3 Palette.jpg

More on the way, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'm thankful to be able to make and post my latest CAS. I've had these ideas on the backburner for a while and I'm quite happy with the way they've turned out. Enjoy!
Nightmare is a knight. Knights ride horses. You know who else rides horses?
Nightmare 3P Caballero CE.jpg

COWBOYS.
Nightmare 3P  Caballero.png

They also used huge swords. It's true. I read it on the internet.
I have a bit of an interest in Maori culture and seeing as there aren't any Polynesian characters in SC, I thought it would be nice to make one.
As much as I've been able to research, the Maori were excellent sailors, using the stars to navigate vast expanses of ocean. I used that as a jumping-off point for Rangi's character design; a nautical explorer whose curiosity about the world and thirst for knowledge has gotten the best of him after hearing about Soul Edge on his travels.
Rangi.png

Yes, those are nunchaku. No, the Maori did not use nunchaku, but they did use the stars.
View attachment 65175
In any case, a nunchaku-wielding Maori would still not be the most historically inaccurate thing in SC.

Attachments

• Rangi Stars.png
    Rangi Stars.png
    762.6 KB · Views: 107
I'm thankful to be able to make and post my latest CAS. I've had these ideas on the backburner for a while and I'm quite happy with the way they've turned out. Enjoy!
Nightmare is a knight. Knights ride horses. You know who else rides horses?
View attachment 65171
COWBOYS.
View attachment 65172
They also used huge swords. It's true. I read it on the internet.
I have a bit of an interest in Maori culture and seeing as there aren't any Polynesian characters in SC, I thought it would be nice to make one.
As much as I've been able to research, the Maori were excellent sailors, using the stars to navigate vast expanses of ocean. I used that as a jumping-off point for Rangi's character design; a nautical explorer whose curiosity about the world and thirst for knowledge has gotten the best of him after hearing about Soul Edge on his travels.
View attachment 65173
Yes, those are nunchaku. No, the Maori did not use nunchaku, but they did use the stars.
View attachment 65175
In any case, a nunchaku-wielding Maori would still not be the most historically inaccurate thing in SC.
I like your Rangi character. I do not know much about the culture you based him on, but it seems you worked real hard on him. He is also quite handsome.

Long time, no see! I've been away from CaS for so long. Honestly, in the meantime, my creative faculties have run dry, not just in CaS, but in other creative pursuits as well, so as much as I want to design something new, this block turns what was once a fun pastime into a chore. Nevertheless, I finally have something I think is worthy of sharing.
Novaturience.jpg

Novaturience (n., English) - desire for powerful change in one's life, behavior, or a certain situation

My third design in my series of elementals, this time, an electricity elemental.
  • The lightning markings on the upper chest, back, and thighs are native features (not stickers) of the Malfested base model.
  • I usually wouldn't choose equipment that float away from the body, but I deliberately chose them here to evoke the concept of magnetic force.
  • Spiky, angular shapes on the pauldrons, body markings, and boots suggest the concept of lightning.
  • The Night Butterfly Dress was chosen for its fur lining and frill skirt, which I intended to appear as thunderclouds.

Back