Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like them so far.

I love how you designed your characters to fit within their historical context
I really like historical fiction. Bringing characters from past settings to life in ways that we can understand really fires up my imagination. That reminds me: I saw your thread of literary creations. I must say, I do approve of your work. Are you going to be updating/making any more sometime soon?

Spanish characters, not a matador
Spain is more than just matadors and other fancy European things, haha. In all honesty, if I was shooting for a Spanish character who lived and worked in Spain, I might have gone for a more matador-y look. Matadors didn't really have a place back in early 17th century Philippines, though, and the character is more of a military official than a performer, so a matador theme wouldn't fly.

I would like to fight this warriors
If you're on PSN, that can be arranged. Just add me and we can go a couple rounds. I've yet to play this game online, though, so I can't guarantee I'll be much of a challenge.

too much saturation
That's sometimes true, especially for my missing cast. I've only just recently discovered the joys of turning saturation down a couple notches. It's worked wonders for getting that right shade of navy blue I wanted on Pascusio's coat. Sometimes, though, I'll leave the saturation high, because I want a few colors in the overall scheme to be more bold than others.

As for Fabulous, well, the only thing stopping me is the lack of a dress
...you shouldn't have said anything.
xwdfd.png

Hey, sailor~

PppnQ.png

0dZDD.png
Guys..., I think I need to stay away from CaS for a while, haha.

That reminds me: I saw your thread of literary creations. I must say, I do approve of your work. Are you going to be updating/making any more sometime soon?
Thanks, glad you liked them. I'm thinking I might just make a regular CAS gallery to add to because I haven't been making that many literary characters.

Also, I think you should make it a rule that every time you post one of your new creations, you must also include a new outfit for Fabulous!

It's good to see Filipino characters represented in a good story every once in awhile, even in fiction. Kudos to you for this, ThePascuzzi! ^_^

Your Battles of La Nivel characters are my favorites. Interestingly enough, my characters in my post are supposed to be in a Spain-inspired country. Definitely follow the suggestion of less saturation though.

Clara's pretty, and Mariano's dashing. However, I always thought Filipinos were a bit darker in complexion. Well, I'm only judging from the ones in my campus anyways.

I always thought Filipinos were a bit darker in complexion.
Filipino skin tone can vary from very fair to quite dark. The differences are more apparent with people over there than the ones you find abroad. They will always have a yellowish tan color, though, so I pick my skin tones from that range in the editor when making any Asian CaS. In Clara's case, she's more fair-complexioned because she's a quarter Spanish and a quarter Chinese.

I decided I ought to post my entries in some of the challenges around here for archiving purposes.
from Norik's CaS Challenges: Week 1 UPDATED 5/2/12
yciuy.png

Based on martial arts super sentai heroes, such as Ultraman and Power Rangers, Justice Man defeats evil and defends the side of good with his techno boots, power fists, hi-powered laser ray gun, justicium alloy blades...and, most importantly, with a courageous heart!

UITw0.png

C70vM.png

oisTm.png
from Le Bello's Challenging Create-a-Soul Challenge Contest: Challenge One UPDATED 4/25/12
wqfSU.png

A 35 year-old Talim would be a more mature Talim than the young one we've seen in SC2-4, so I've opted for a more elegant style with my iteration.

cbbdt.png

Besides elegance, I pulled my design cues from Muslim and Tribal Filipino fashion, which utilizes a lot of bright colors, the fact that she is a wind priestess, and the Sarimanok, an ancient Filipino mythical figure.

QCC8d.png

Before the update, the dress was plain, so I went back and added the denim pocket sticker to give some pattern variation and adjusted the color scheme. I think the sticker flatters the feminine figure quite well.

wYezd.png

Viola's style works quite well for Talim's character, with a little bit of imagination. Since Talim is a wind priestess, she controls the wind, so let's say that instead of a floating crystal ball, she throws around air currents in battle. Instead of Viola's claw, I built her a bladed tonfa. The tiger stripe pattern was used to approximate wood grain. Its design has changed to be wide along with the width of the forearm, as opposed to it previously being wide as it goes away from the arm. Also, there are now blades on either side of the tonfa, so it is more reminiscent of her weapons, Syi Salika and Loka Luha. Despite not jumping around everywhere, Viola arguably moves a bit like Talim.

Gv2yp.png

Because I was aiming for a more mature Talim, I decided against the braids and went with simple long hair. Also, Talim isn't Talim without her characteristic talisman.

Here, you can see how her tonfa moves in battle. Well, maybe not. The video quality is terrible because I recorded it with my phone camera, but something's better than nothing, right?

Also, I think you should make it a rule that every time you post one of your new creations, you must also include a new outfit for Fabulous!
gCtzZ.png

fN3DB.png

NBwku.png

KR1NV.png
That's absolutely terrible, I'm sorry.

I was just waiting for those crotchless chaps to make an appearance on Fabulous!
I like this character way more than I should...

I haven't posted anything in a while, because 1) I've been waiting for the new DLC to come out, 2) I've been focusing most of my efforts on Le_Bello's Talim challenge, and 3) I'm just plain starved for new ideas. However, in the world of CaS, love boredom conquers all and so I have a couple of new creations to share.

SCV's been out for a few months, already, so people have had ample time to play each of the characters...and make fun of them. These CaS were born from tropes and jokes that I've come to associate with members of the regular cast.

UPDATE 7/12/12
0FsUe.jpg

Design Notes:
- Nothing too fancy here. Stripe pattern on pants, stars pattern on hat and shield.
JyXv3LL.jpg

Design notes:
- The hat is made from a Chinese Hat and a pair of Rabbit Ears. A square sticker can be made to color everything but the front section.

- The main part of the track jacket was patterned with red and white stripes to add detail to the front torso.

- A belt can be equipped to bring the sides of the Track Jacket in; the belt remains hidden under the jacket.

- Basic 1 at a large size can be used to color the top and bottom hemispheres of a pokeball.

I'll also be updating my Talim c. 1607 design. If everything goes as planned, it'll show up in the appropriate post earlier in this thread, along with footage of her bladed tonfa in action.

Wow, you got some cool, badass, and funny CaS! I love all of them! :D My favorite is the Gundam, Bathrobe Samurai, and Genericus. Anyway, this is just my opinion, but maybe if you color the face black or maybe put the mummy outfit on and color it black, i think it would look better and look even darker. :)

maybe put the mummy outfit on and color it black
You know, that's actually not a bad idea, at all. I'll try it and see what happens.

I demand more Fabulous!
I demand more Fabulous![2]
;_;
You guys really want to make this a regular thing, huh? Then why don't we make this interesting? How about you suggest a theme or at least some ideas to work with each time, just to make sure I have something to work with? I already have a few ideas for next time, but one guy can only come up with so much.
wQ8xb.png

They say there's always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow~

cOWqT.png

I was just kind of grasping at straws for ideas until I rainbow-patterned the flag. That was the point of no return.

2er15.png

You thought he just sat there and look pretty? Don't worry, he knows how to be scrappy, should he need to rise to the occasion. Feisty, indeed.

ZOg9j.jpg

There's something missing, here. Can't quite...erm...put my finger on it...
I should probably fix the colors on my TV and/or monitor. I swear these colors show up brighter and more saturated here than they do during creation.

OK lets start the ideas, I wanna see Fabulous dressed as Jesus(hatter gonna hate) and a bunny, reference to Easter( it's not too late to make it, is it?)
Oh, and Fabulous as a greenpeace activist would be awesome too XD

Back