Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

I demand a sci-fi Fabulous!!!
It's pretty late, right now, and I actually want to, y'know, get to playing the actual game. I can give that a swing tomorrow night.

Thank you for the pointer. It was much easier to understand this time around. I was able to use it to finish the samurai design from above. I also created a knight CaS to serve as counterpoint.
UPDATE 2/7/13
Y01Ft97.jpg

Ever since I saw this giant katana under Siegfried's style, I had the idea to make a samurai CaS to wield it. However, I wasn't really happy with any of the Japanese-style CaS I came up with, until I messed around with Short Trunks (KING) last night. This guy is the finished version of the design from then.

Usually, I don't like seeing non-Japanese characters in Japanese clothing, but I don't think it's so bad, here. Basically, this guy's backstory involves leaving Europe at an early point in his life to be raised in Japan. Now, he's one of the most feared warriors in the warring states.

Design notes:
- The design kind of naturally gravitated toward an ice theme. The Warrior's Vest was patterned with Oriental 7 up top to simulate snow and Basic 15 on the bottom to look like mountains. The theme works well, considering Siggy's CE.

- The tasset is made of three pairs of Feathers of Strength. The sides are fixed to the thighs, while the front piece is fixed to the hips.
UPDATED 1/9/13
When I saw the Tyrfing under Mitsurugi's style, I also wanted to make a knight CaS for it. I didn't have a knight CaS at the time, save for Genericus, so this was the perfect opportunity. In contrast to Ken, Hiro was imported from Japan early in life and is now a skilled knight in the castles of Medieval Europe.

sViVk.jpg

Design Notes:
- I wanted to do something different than all the other knights out there with thick plate armor, so I kept the armor light.
- Red and silver was chosen as the color scheme to serve as counterpoint to Ken's light blue and black.
- The Turtle Shell shield hangs on his right shoulder to block attacks from the front. It works really well when blocking.
- The cape is given a very small sized zig-zag pattern for texture. This also happens on the front flap.
- The bottom half of the Schwarzwind logo sticker was used to add detail to the Steel Pauldrons.
Now, whenever I come across a Knight vs. Samurai debate, I can pit these two guys against each other. Then again, their fighting styles are switched, so it's difficult to label either one as knight or samurai. Oh, well.

both are very nice, but Ken was magnificent!! the choose from each item in the customization was very happy and the textures very well explored, I felt so cold when I saw him hehehe
Giant katana was perfect

I wasn't 100% happy with Hiro's design the first time around, so I've given him a small update. You can see the edits two posts above.

I demand a sci-fi Fabulous!!!
I'm not too great with sci-fi designs, yet, so it was kind of difficult for me to get anything going with a Sci-Fabulous. However, I did manage to make a Japanese-style Captain Fabulous, complete with a weeaboo-ized title I came up with in five seconds.
rBYqc.png

Description haiku.
Japanese poems describe
Japanese-themed CaS.

qHfKu.png

Floral patterns are
cute and so are fishnet tights.
What of armor break?

vG0Wm.png

The captain's nature
is revealed! Fishnet stockings
make him feel sexy.

bMNaN.jpg

What a lewd captain!
Wait, I still need one more line...
...refrigerator.

You read CaS as "cass"?
I read it as C-A-S.
Nice Haiku poems.

I shall look forward
to your forthcoming uploads.
Hasta la vista!

Nothing much in the way of originals, tonight, but have some remakes and "recolors," if you like.

NiKbK.png

I try to main Patsuka, so I thought I ought to make a recolor for him. However, I much rather like vanilla Patroklos' 1P, so I stuck that on Patsuka instead of his usual PETA-friendly coat.

KsGBn.png

Dark blue, gold, and white is my favorite color scheme.
mcmv5.png

No reason for Patroklos to suddenly not wear this, either, after switching to Iaido style.

sDk6M.png

More dark blue, gold, and white. More white, this time around, though, so I guess this could be his home game uniform, so to speak.
68lbH.png

This is my primary entry to Le_Bello's second challenge. If only the cropped jacket was available to males, Patroklos wouldn't have had to dress up like a girl, but you gotta make sacrifices if you want to win.

QU06X.png

The Jodhpurs are colored red, then two layers of square stickers on each leg give rise to the gold-bordered red stripes down the sides. A scroll was used to simulate the badge on Patroklos' left chest.

yusUS.png

I hope that someday, someone out there will give this kitty DLC a much better home than I have, here.

ND71U.png
cA6zb.png

Because this is a totally original idea and none of you saw it coming when you saw that overalls DLC.

F79bX.png

I gave him the golden hammer from Brawl.

AagKI.png

The hat is composed of a beret and a flattened cone for the brim. the "M" is two heart stickers placed by view: a red one from a straight-on angle, and a white one placed from an overlooking angle. The mustache is a raccoon tail positioned dorsoventrally (front-to-back) and widened.
7lHbl.png

I have a soft spot for underdog characters, so I couldn't not make Luigi, as well.

JizhJ.png

qPphh.png

The hat and mustache are pretty the same idea as Mario's. The "L" was made from two straight one-stroke chinese characters placed almost perpendicularly to each other.
I've also updated my Squall design. You can check that out in the appropriate post earlier on the first page. Hint: he's a he, again.

I love your stuff. Your good at creation anyway, but I like that you focus on fun silly stuff. It's somthing that people often condemn and rarely commend. I knew one of the first uses for the overalls DLC would be for Mario recreations (^_^). They look great!

That's a hilarious use for the kitten. Here I was expecting to see its first use on the tip of someone's foot or something.

And yeah, I can already sense the impending wave of players adding Mario & Luigi (& Warrio & Waluigi-Dampierre) to their rosters as we speak...

I like that you focus on fun silly stuff. It's somthing that people often condemn and rarely commend.
It's not so much that I focus on it as much as it's easier to scrounge up material for it, at least for me. I just like to have fun with creation mode, so I'll do it all, whether it's a recolor, recreation, or originals, silly or serious.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed. It's good to hear positive feedback from someone whose work you appreciate.

That's a hilarious use for the kitten. Here I was expecting to see its first use on the tip of someone's foot or something.
It's too bad that they only let you use one of out of the three kitten/pacman/klonoa special equipments per CaS. If I could have another one, I'd have its tail end on Femtroklos' right shoulder.

It's too bad that they only let you use one of out of the three kitten/pacman/klonoa special equipments per CaS. If I could have another one, I'd have its tail end on Femtroklos' right shoulder.
pfhoidshguiosghkdszbndfhklzbvdshzal
Project Soul...I am disappoint.

But it seriously look hilariously awesome. I would probably flip a shit were I to see her pop up as an online opponent.

That's a hilarious use for the kitten [2] huahuahuahauha... genius
Although Mario and Luigi are the same design, Luigi is much more interesting for me, maybe because I have seen many marios
great work as always

Comin' back at'cha for the second consecutive night with some "semi-originals." "Semi-," because there was some considerable inspiration behind it. I was really big into Monster Hunter Tri, so I wanted to make some CaS whose designs cues are taken from the armor in the Monster Hunter series. At its core, the game is about killing gigantic mythical beasts to make more powerful weapons and armor out of their corpses, so you can kill more threatening gigantic mythical beasts to make even more powerful weapons and armor out of their corpses. It plays like a fighter disguised as an action game, since there are considerable impact and cooldown frames for each action that forces the player to constantly make decisions about when to do something.

Since these aren't recreations of any of the specific armors in the series, I decided to stick with two of the most iconic monsters in the series. The male takes his design cues from Rathalos, while the female takes hers from Rathian.
7mdc2.png

qB6vu.png

Great swords are the most iconic weapon in MH, so Siegfried's style was a natural choice.

mjyis.png

Rathalos and Rathian armor have always looked like a mix between plate armor and parts taken from the wyverns themselves, so this design incorporates both looks. The bat wings were a pain in the ass to figure out, but I finally got them to sit right where I wanted them.

39Lmk.jpg

I used the phoenix embroidery sticker on the battle mask to add some texture to help it blend in with the siren helm.
MrXNd.png

Not much difference with this one compared to Hunter. Just a few slight changes.

3Iq7j.png

Another style MH is known for is sword and shield. Because hunters are treated like hotshots, Patroklos' style made more sense than the other two.

eecIn.png

Admittedly, I didn't have as clear a vision for this one as I did for Hunter. It was late and my mind was all over the place from having to deal with the bat wings.

Fu3iu.png

However, one of the things I did differently was using the wings as shoulder armor, as opposed to a tasset extension. Originally, they were the same pauldrons as Hunter's, but I decided to throw in a little bit of variety to see which approach you guys would like better.

I've tried to use the bat wings as pauldrons before, but they look a lot more convincing on your huntress!
The bat wing chest plate is probably my favourite feature though, a very nice unique touch.

I loved the way you using the wings... it's so hard to using them in some way that is not as "wings"... You must have spent a lot of time in this work
very nice

Hey, guys. Been a while since the last time I posted something here. Let's change that tonight, shall we?

First off, I have some updated designs:
Amy, Cassandra, Taki
Xianghua
Javier, Clara Lucia, Mariano

Next, I have some regular cast recolors and alternates:
iB921.jpg

I've been going through each character in the regular cast I'm interested in learning and doing recolors of them in dark blue, gold, and white (my favorite color scheme), so that I have something I at least like looking at whenever I take my saltiness online.
w3R5X.jpg

Another installation in my blue-and-gold series.
qJj4vRk.jpg

Design notes:
- The Archery Breastplate and the sticker under that are analogs for the leather armor that Pyrrha wears over her shirt.

- Pyrrha's shawl was re-imagined here as a shawl-scarf hybrid. I attempted to blend the scarf and the Rabbit Ears together for this purpose.

- The Tiger Lily Stockings were used here as analogs for the leg portion of Pyrrha's boots. Since they're underwear items, they unfortunately cannot be given any colors from the red-orange spectrum, where the right shade of brown is. Instead, I used a brown from the purple-red part of the spectrum.
UPDATE 7/21/12
EONOy.jpg

Algol on a jetpack. Pretty much that simple, haha. Looks really cool when floating from-place-to-place in a battle.

Design Notes:
- Update 6/5/12: changed Racing Helmet to Fighter Pilot Helmet
- Update 7/21/12: star pattern on racing helmet is a reference to namesake, fireman's jacket swapped for sea king's gambeson and latex vest, slacks and engineer's boots swapped for fireman's pants, duffel bag added with demon horns for boosters

I really like Ken for his dramatic ornaments and patterns. I don't know why you insist on using the king trunks though. Have you tried making him a codpiece and giving him standard waist equipment?

Back