Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

Quality update, in fact quality top to bottom. A couple are a little plain for my taste, but still good CAS. I'll single out Talim, Female YS, and especially Cassandra as top-notch CAS, but that Taki is on a whole new level. You used the standard trope of the oversized pocket sticker to overcome the fatal flaw of the underlying garment: the not so skin- tight wrinkles and rubbersuit look that made every bodysuit Taki on the web look like a cosplaying fetish model/ second-rate CAS . With the way you placed and sized the pockets, you completely overcame that flaw to make a highly effective/convincing Taki. Excellent work, definitely can't remember a better one. I wonder how she'll look in blue......

Whoa, great job! I have a custom that looks a lot like that female Yun Seong. Also, Cassandra and Taki are as original as they are awesome.

That Black Mage. DFUWHFI Makes me want to buy the rest of the DLC. (Someone should donate).
Thanks. DLC often come in handy, because they don't have the same incompatibilities as other items. For the Black Mage, my original plan was to use the Baihu Coat, but that part doesn't accomodate the Wizard's Cape and Arabian Slacks, both parts which have shapes that I find integral to the basic Black Mage design. Luckily, the Bong Song Coat is more lax than the Baihu Coat and actually kind of worked well in giving the design a little bit of an interesting East Asian flavor. It's making me think I should've used the Xie instead of the Witch's Shoes in order to play up the East Asian aspect more.
clever abuse of pocket stickers
that Taki is on a whole new level. You used the standard trope of the oversized pocket sticker to overcome the fatal flaw of the underlying garment
Thanks. The Soul Arenas usually have a "top 10 moves" thread per character. I think that if the CaS forums had a "top 10 techniques" thread, very large/max size pocket stickers would make the list.

Actually, while I was making this, I was considering blue as an option, taking the design in the direction of her SC3 1P. However, I figured the red was a more iconic color, so I went with this instead.
that is the best cassandra version in this forum!!!!
Whoa, great job! I have a custom that looks a lot like that female Yun Seong. Also, Cassandra and Taki are as original as they are awesome.
Thanks. I agree, those ones turned out particularly well. I'm glad you like them.

Thanks. DLC often come in handy, because they don't have the same incompatibilities as other items. For the Black Mage, my original plan was to use the Baihu Coat, but that part doesn't accomodate the Wizard's Cape and Arabian Slacks, both parts which have shapes that I find integral to the basic Black Mage design. Luckily, the Bong Song Coat is more lax than the Baihu Coat and actually kind of worked well in giving the design a little bit of an interesting East Asian flavor. It's making me think I should've used the Xie instead of the Witch's Shoes in order to play up the East Asian aspect more.

Weirdly, I was making a mage character the other day, and only just discovered that the Baihu Coat clashes with the Arabian Slacks, so that threw out my whole plan. Shame the B.S Coat is female only, but there's no reason I can't gender-swap the character I suppose, thanks!

I prefer non-caped Black Mages personally, though that's purely bias because of Vivi.

Weirdly, I was making a mage character the other day, and only just discovered that the Baihu Coat clashes with the Arabian Slacks, so that threw out my whole plan..
The Baihu Coat is just plain weird when it comes to incompatibilities with pants. If I recall correctly, it clashes with every standard, non-DLC lower body part except the Leather Pants and the Slacks. Kinda makes you think they did this on purpose to sell more DLC. Or, perhaps they just really hate it when people wear shorts with coats.

The Baihu Coat is just plain weird when it comes to incompatibilities with pants. If I recall correctly, it clashes with every standard, non-DLC lower body part except the Leather Pants and the Slacks. Kinda makes you think they did this on purpose to sell more DLC. Or, perhaps they just really hate it when people wear shorts with coats.

It's a pretty lacklustre part in truth. Clashes with too much. Shame because it really wrecks it's potential.

PS is so good at making cool combos a clipping mess, but it also educates people to think way outside the box...CAS making is like cerebral training, its better than chess some may say ;o)

Tonight, one recreation, one original, and one recolor.
VGCZDu4.jpg
1P5P8b6.jpg

Being a fan of Darker than Black, I decided to make the first season's protagonist. The problem with most anime CaS is that the often come out bland, because the source material is bland. If I had to guess, the flat colors and textures seen in most anime makes the animation process easier. I tried to correct for this in CaS with a few tricks.

Design Notes:
- The lightning bolt on the mask is placed by view. The mouth is a big circle also placed by view, then covered up by a white square.

- The eyes are covered by a Pure Ring colored black.

- Whenever using the Baihu Coat, always consider using a belt to bring the sides in and emphasize the design's figure.

- Detail was added to the original design with a giant pocket sticker on the coat and by using the Cervantes 2P suit and Z. W. E. I. 1P pants as the shirt and pants underneath.
viurKYh.jpg

This design came about from an experiment in manipulating the Changbao to look like a double-breasted jacket. Over time, the character of the design became a pilot of the Tuskegee Airmen who served during WWII. Thing is, he's not exactly an ace, as his missions involved him "flying by the seat of his pants," so to speak, hence the name "Jack."

Design Notes:
- Two pairs of Goddess' Feather Brooches serve as the buttons on the coat.

- A Fez and a flattened cone comprise the hat.

- A Schwarzwind logo on a white circle make insignias on both ends of the scarf.

- Subtle patterns on the scarf and pants add texture.

I really love Jack's jacket. That IS a clever move and it's proof there's still some originality left. Simple yet effective, I like him.

I really love Jack's jacket. That IS a clever move and it's proof there's still some originality left. Simple yet effective, I like him.

I'm always on the lookout for new ways to use equipment, so thanks. It's a shame that damn wrap around the waist is there, though. Kinda makes it look like he tucked his jacket in and only partway at that. It might not be as much of a problem at darker colors.

I'm always on the lookout for new ways to use equipment, so thanks. It's a shame that damn wrap around the waist is there, though. Kinda makes it look like he tucked his jacket in and only partway at that. It might not be as much of a problem at darker colors.

To be honest I hadn't thought of it that way. It just looks like it stops. Although now you're said that :P

Excellent work! Hei is basic, but cool. I'm a big fan of DtB myself, but the second season was a major let-down for me. As far as I can tell anime's gone down under. The last good show I watched was Steins;Gate, and that was about 15 years ago. Jack's pretty damn cool. I'm gonna go see what I can do with the double breasted trench coat. The Rocketeer, maybe?

Excellent work! Hei is basic, but cool. I'm a big fan of DtB myself, but the second season was a major let-down for me. As far as I can tell anime's gone down under. The last good show I watched was Steins;Gate, and that was about 15 years ago. Jack's pretty damn cool. I'm gonna go see what I can do with the double breasted trench coat. The Rocketeer, maybe?
Thanks for the feedback!

I just started the second season myself. It definitely feels a bit more lighthearted than the first season, though that's not saying much. I'll keep on with it, though, but thanks for the heads-up. And about Steins;gate, I'll assume you meant 1.5 years ago, lol. I know it's not new, but it's not that old! That's another series I need to get around to watching, though...

Can't wait to see what you do with the trench coat.

Just wanted to post my latest set of recreations before I hit the sack. I'll come back with technical discussion when I wake up later.
z5MD9AK.jpg

Design notes:
- The vest and sleeveless shirt underneath are composed of the sleeveless shirt underwear with two denim pocket stickers as the front quarters of the vest and an inverted button pocket sticker as the back half. The undershirt proper is patterned with basic pattern 2 to impart a thread/cloth texture.

- A pair of Beetle Horns serve as the tail. A pinstripe pattern imparts hair texture.

- The Jodhpurs are given a houndstooth pattern, which is surprisingly effective at imparting a slightly reflective texture.
TWbRDAG.jpg

Design Notes:
- Her outer rubber suit is composed of the Congratulatory Shirt, Knee Pants, and Sorrowful Boots. A button pocket sticker and a square differentiate the shirt underneath from the rubber suit.

- Button pocket stickers appear again on the silk gloves to add detail.

- An arrow at max size, a Centurion's Plume, and a Pure Ring combine to make a staff.
wEFuIFy.jpg

Design Notes:
- Mummified underwear at 0:43,31 turn the body into a shadow. The glass frames are similarly colored to blend in, leaving only the trademark black mage yellow eyes.

- A square sticker and a button sticker allow coloration and detailing of the gloves.

- A subtle oriental pattern was applied to the Baihu Coat so as to avoid having an item with such a big surface area without any detail.

- The tiger stripe pattern was applied to the right leg leather armor to give a worn leather look.

- The hat is patterned with basic 2 to give a threaded texture.

- The staff is comprised of a max size arrow, and two samurai helmet crests.
JbiG7RU.jpg

Design notes:
- A Ninja Hat, Turtle Shell, and feathers comprise Steiner's helmet.

- Three denim pocket stickers add detail to the armor.

- A square was used on the gauntlets to achieve color differentiation.

- Aside from the side stripes, the boxing shorts have the basic zigzag pattern on them for texture.
OqHF0O6.jpg

Not exactly accurate, but I think it's funny and seeing as Quina was the comic foil, it's still appropriate on some level.

Design notes:
- The basic checker pattern was used on the Long Skirt to add texture and to have it blend in with the bottom portion of the Wonder Jacket, which is colored with a pentagon sticker.

- Lipstick mark stickers and red sclera in a cross alignment over white irises reconstruct Quina's unique eyes.

- A pair of snakes was used to reconstruct Quina's hanging tongue.

yeah, true. i don't like Baihu Coat. it make the Created Characters look bulky i even can't create a unused female character with that coat-

003.gif

before you create this for me, you should know that i don't have Dark Knight and White Knight DLCs

but, here's what i have-

Female Equipment Pack
Beast Equipment Pack
Trendy Equipment Pack
Classic Headgears Pack 1
Soulcalibur V Character Equipment Pack 1
Maid Costumes Equipment Pack 1
Ancient Armor Equipment Pack 1
Tekken Costumes Equipment Pack
Extra Equipment 1
Headgear 1
Tanegashima Armor (Boy's Day Festival 1)
Hairstyles 1
Skeleton Costumes Equipment Pack 1
SCV Character Equipment Pack 2
Valkyrie Armor 1
Sexy Costumes 1
Headgears 2
Bridal Costumes 1
Music Festival 1
Classic Outfits 1
Sexy Costumes 2
Tekken Costumes 2
Modern Costumes 3
Ancient Armor 2
School Uniforms 1
Dark Warrior Armor 1

i don't have Active Wear 1 & 2 and Modern Costumes 1 & 2 because i don't like those. anyways, you should give her a Girl's Blazer instead. you can turn Bat Wings into a skirt

by the way, look at her weapon, it's similar to ZWEI so i use that style for her

yeah, true. i don't like Baihu Coat. it make the Created Characters look bulky i even can't create a unused female character with that coat-

003.gif

before you create this for me, you should know that i don't have Dark Knight and White Knight DLCs

but, here's what i have-

Female Equipment Pack
Beast Equipment Pack
Trendy Equipment Pack
Classic Headgears Pack 1
Soulcalibur V Character Equipment Pack 1
Maid Costumes Equipment Pack 1
Ancient Armor Equipment Pack 1
Tekken Costumes Equipment Pack
Extra Equipment 1
Headgear 1
Tanegashima Armor (Boy's Day Festival 1)
Hairstyles 1
Skeleton Costumes Equipment Pack 1
SCV Character Equipment Pack 2
Valkyrie Armor 1
Sexy Costumes 1
Headgears 2
Bridal Costumes 1
Music Festival 1
Classic Outfits 1
Sexy Costumes 2
Tekken Costumes 2
Modern Costumes 3
Ancient Armor 2
School Uniforms 1
Dark Warrior Armor 1

i don't have Active Wear 1 & 2 and Modern Costumes 1 & 2 because i don't like those. anyways, you should give her a Girl's Blazer instead. you can turn Bat Wings into a skirt

by the way, look at her weapon, it's similar to ZWEI so i use that style for her
@TiraRules: The baihu coat kicks ASS. Slapping a thin belt (waist equip) under it nicely cinches in the waist. You can see this on my Freya recreation. BTW this belongs on the Request-To-Go thread.

@Pas: Kickass recreations from my 3rd favorite RPG (behind Dragon Age and Chrono Cross)? Yes, please. I'd make Zidane a chick with "physique" -20 though. Especially love prepster Vivi's staff. I really want to see your interpretation of Kuja.

Back