Patch 1.03 Viola Changes

6bk setups are still deadly, but i think 4bk in its stead is seen as more of an anti-step and far underused, you an use it to apply almost an equal amount of pressure as 6bk and force them into throw mixups as well.

that and its not steppable. lots of people see 6bk coming now and step around like mj to avoid it all game. i think a good mixture of the two is ideal now.

It is an acceptable nerf and I understand why they did it. She still has other ways to force a throw attempt with meter so it's not like it is completely gone, but don't try to dress this up as some kind of benefit. No matter how you break it down the risk/reward is worse.
Actually no, that's what I thought at first. If they decide to duck a lot, the r/r actually is better. I don't think you're considering the reward part of risk/reward... you get a ton of damage if you 44A them and they duck.

It's just that the risk is strictly higher now.

Okay, so it's a nerf because you guys say it is. That's cool. Loving this 'nerf'.

Considering you can force the mixup prepatch except it was safe yeah I'd say it's a nerf. It's not a huge one but still

Signia, you can do the 44a thing prepatch and still catch them if they want to try and duck the throw. Time it slightly differently and the entire setup changed.

Slight correction to my previous statement: apparently only mids (and lows) hit an incorrect guard in this situation, though highs would not.

So, after SET 6B+K forced stand, while the opponent is blocking low, if you immediately connect with a 3B or 3A it hit them because they are mids that must be blocked high. However, if you instead connect with 5AA or 66A they will block it (even though they are attempted to crouch block) because those are highs, and apparently you didn't use to have to block highs correctly.

I wish I had tested that sooner but it never crossed my mind, because IMO that's ridiculous.

Okay, so it's a nerf because you guys say it is. That's cool. Loving this 'nerf'.
Well like I said; I "feel" (meaning it's an opinion, I'm not trying to lay down the law or anything) it's a nerf directly to SET 6B+K as a move. Though in the end I think Viola might be better overall in 1.03

The change to 6B+K forces you to play a little differently which may be a stronger way of playing, and the buff to CE is welcomed. So IMO she's better. And I'm not exactly complaining either, just making observations.

Is anyone else having a problem with her AAB? 40% of the time she only does AA and it's starting to cost me a lot of matches especially when I'm trying to use it to juggle. I've never had this problem with her before until after the patch. I dunno, maybe my controller's jacked up...

Is anyone else having a problem with her AAB? 40% of the time she only does AA and it's starting to cost me a lot of matches especially when I'm trying to use it to juggle. I've never had this problem with her before until after the patch. I dunno, maybe my controller's jacked up...

Yeah, I was having the same problem.

It's a nerf plain and simple. If you guys don't think taking away forced grab attempts is a nerf you need to evaluate just how powerful a no risk option like this is. Now if you guess incorrectly and they duck a throw you get hit. Before you made them guess with absolutely no downside on your end. You could still go for a mid mixup since if you mistime the throw attempt they could actually still duck it, so it wasn't a bad idea to hold down during the multiple setup situations.

It is an acceptable nerf and I understand why they did it. She still has other ways to force a throw attempt with meter so it's not like it is completely gone, but don't try to dress this up as some kind of benefit. No matter how you break it down the risk/reward is worse.

Yes, I was the one who said it wasn't a nerf. My reason was that it would be helpful now because you can 3B if they mistakenly crouch. Force stand won't make them crouch guard so 3B will never hit. My reasoning was proven wrong and was correct by Xenozip9. Now I do understand why is a nerf even before you posted this. Xenozip9 already beat you to it in making those clarifications. It's simple, I didn't know you can still guard low although your animation is set to stand guard. Yes, that force stand guard will always lead to 0% throw wiff, so no risk at all. I tried to out weigh the reward over the risk. The 3B reward was always there and the new risk (a possible throw wiff) is now being introduced. I get it.

anyhow, move onto more important things... Xenozip9, can you explain to me why it is a buff to her CE now?

Oh for the forced throw setup, do whatever into 2B+K be and it forces them to stand up still. It even drags them towards you.

They changed buffering, learn the new timing on how to do aab. I hit b a few times sometimes just to make sure it comes out.

tbh if you were relying on the things that got nerfed you need to sell your console lol. There is a reason why people call her a b***h, her combo potential is still ridicoulous. I can get 130 damage of a sidestepping combo using only 2 bars,

That's a nice evaluation, but the mixup situation hasn't changed from 1.02 to 1.03, because each of those options still exist in both versions. The only difference as far as mixups go is that now in 1.03 you can visually confirm which way they are blocking during the orb blockstun, which slightly helps you to decide which attack to use next. Though as you suggested the opponent can adapt, which could turn it back into a raw mixup situation, which means all that changed about SET 6B+K in 1.03 is that you lost the ability to force an unavoidable throw.

22B BE gives u a throw attempt on block.

Yeah, I feel that it's a nerf to SET 6B+K and a buff to her CE. Though this may have been a necessary change, perhaps unavoidable throws near the edge of the ring was a bit ridiculous, since you'd always chose the option to not get RO'd which meant you'd always get 40-56 damage depending on positioning (and more if they didn't block the orb for some reason).

So how does she still have it with meter? Some other move of hers forces a stand?

Ugh posting from a phone sucks. U can get a throw off blocked 22B BE too iirc

Back