Patroklos' 10 best moves

kaworu

[08] Mercenary
These threads are always useful especially for people who are new to Soul Calibur or trying a character for the first time.

What 10 moves (or more) would you say are Patroklos' most useful and why?

Try and include the characters best mids, lows, throws and combo starters.

Hmm...

3A

Step catches, tech crouches. The step-in gives good range. Only -12 on block!

66A (BE)

Step catches, tech crouch, huge (+12) advantage on hit, -6 on block. BE version does 83 damage with 66A+B combo, +8 on block. Really nice.

BB

It's BB. I rely on this when I'm unsure or scared. Just use it!

3B

Launcher, step-in gives hidden range. Unsafe, so the use may be limited, but 3B into CE does a good deal of damage for the ends of rounds.

1B

67 DMG with 66A+B combo, +0 on block. Frame traps, anyone?

66B

-2 on block. Excellent range, damage off the combo is bananas. Just a little slow but don't let that stop you.

236B (BE)

15f punisher, think Cassandra. BE version makes it safe and does 64 DMG with 2B+K combo.

This move is broke. Quick low, 20 damage, hits grounded, advantage on hit. People will be calling you a noob for days.

Hit someone with it at the end of a round instead of using 2K, he'll go "I win!"
It's great.

Jump K

Go-to tech jump move, when the opponent is getting predictable with lows or lows in strings. Landing it makes you feel super pro.

B+K

Huge tech crouch, 55 damage, 123 damage with CE combo. Does heavy guard gauge damage. Hard to punish if not impossible. This move is dope!!!

66B+G

This puts the fear in their hearts. Grab, then rotate the analog stick (think Dragon Ball Z Budokai) while pressing your favorite button (I like tapping B) or, on arcade stick, roll the stick while mashing all the buttons. Hot knees to the face does 75 damage and it's easy to do.

(About a minute in.)

Plus, I mean, look at it, I'd feel real salty after getting hit with it.

CE

13f, you can random super, you can interrupt, you can punish. Great damage for the end of rounds. CE has great ring out properties, you can combo right into a convenient ring out for 100% meter. (100% meter for 100% damage seems like a fair trade to me.)

66B+G

This puts the fear in their hearts. Grab, then rotate the analog stick (think Dragon Ball Z Budokai) while pressing your favorite button (I like tapping B) or, on arcade stick, roll the stick while mashing all the buttons. Hot knees to the face does 75 damage and it's easy to do.

(About a minute in.)

Plus, I mean, look at it, I'd feel real salty after getting hit with it.
What is he doing after that throw in the video?

I wouldn't recommend you use 2A+B, by the way. The risk-reward isn't good enough.

I'm using it in the video because I am a dork. X_X

1k - A very fast low poke, it has some range. My most used low.

b+k - A ringout, does very good guard gauge damage, and does hella damage after a successful 66B.

A+B - His only auto GI. Instead of wasting meter, I use this.

66k - A fast roundhouse kick, that'll quickly stop sidesteps/quick stops, has good range, and rings out. Only problem is it's a high (and I believe unsafe when in close distance). Sometimes 3A (-12 on blk) is a better option for those who bait 66k/sidestep but mostly use up close + plus it's a mid.

44kk - Almost everyone falls for the 2nd kick not to mention it stuns on CH and, normal hit. Can also be used as a follow up after wall splats depending on how high the opponent is on the wall.

66a - Another great sidestep/quick step stopper. It's fast and, safe. -6 on block and, can be followed up with brave edge (A+B+K) for a unshakeable stun.

Justice B - A good punisher. Has a jf for max damage and, a bit faster. On knockdown can be followed up with 1k, 2b+k, or 44b. (Other options near wall.) Best used as a punisher or, combo ender. It's -20 on block, not something you want to randomly throw out. However the BE version leaves you at -5 if blocked

WR~K,A - This move, I love it. It's a high crush and, both attacks stun on normal hit and, counterhit. Use it to bait out highs or, punish lows with bad recovery (sweeps) Both attacks are unsafe on block. Should be used every once in a while to surprise your opponent. Can be followed up with whatever hit's grounded opponents.

4B - God like range and, safe but slow start up. Makes a good whiff punisher

66B+G - Lol need I explain why this is my favorite grab in SC:V lol. Follow up damage, ring out, and funny to use.

you guys have top ten covered but I think people are sleeping on:
33B (sidestep-TC launch, safer than 3B)
11K (sidestep-TC advantage low)
6K (has same range as 1K, i16 enforces 1K's frame advantage, is +8 on hit
236AB (i18 and deceptively long ranged, can be stopped for safety)
6BBB (i15 makes string mixups and ambiguous, awkward situations much more in your favor)
44A (-2 tracking mid)
236B$ (makes a fast mid safer)
1B (0 on block)

1K-God send...I cant say enough things about this move. Good quick low, 20 dmg, +2 on hit....lol.

BB-Though not his aunt's BB, its still one of his go-to pokes...and being i14 is great.

6A-Anti step, safe on block and +10 on hit, and turns them sideways...too much positive things he can do with this.

236B-Go to i15 punisher. I played Cass in sc2, so I realize the importance of being crisp on punishing EVERY -15 move you can consistently.

66B-His long range move. 66A is good, but good players will see that, and CH you in the face if you even get remotely sloppy with it. 66B on the other hand has range, crazy safe, grants knd on hit, allowing you to begin pressure.

44A-Love this move. Fine substitute for 3A(which has longer range) if you are fighting against a Natsu, or someone who can make that -12 on 3A hurt. Good anti step, juicy on hit...namco needs to patch it, and give it 3A's range. Amirite folks?

1B-Hehe...this move is suspicious. TCs like whoa, 0 on block(lol), and leads to good dmg with or w/o meter. It also pushes back some on block, which is nice(gonna see what we can get with that).

4K-I prefer this over 6K. I do believe 6K has more range, but 4K's range is good enough(as in can connect after 1K on hit). ALso, its i15, and +5 on hit. Only downside is its -9 on block. 6K has its uses, but that extra frame makes even more use of 1K juice....though I do recommend mixing in 6K as well, to take advantage of the high/mid, and the frame differences on hit to fuck with the opponent.

A+B- While this move isnt spammable, with proper application, it becomes a fearsome tool. aGIs all mids and knds, which is what we Pat players want. Ive been messing around with it in interrupting strings, and seeing if any moves just beat it for some reason.

3B-A damn good 3B, with great range, leads to good, consistent dmg, and is somewhat difficult to consistently punish if spaced correctly.

Thanks. After really looking at his frame data, and how his tools compliment each other, Im starting to see the REAL potential he has..its scary.

Yeah, he's looking really strong right now.

Oh and another good thing about 44A is that it guarantees CE/i14 or faster moves on CH.

I like your list Holmes. I find I have trouble figuring out where to apply 6A though.

CH 44A at mid to tip range is confirmable into 236B for nearly 80 damage.

I love it.

I usually try to place 6A after a 2A on hit(+8), or just generally as a spaced poke. People start getting scared of Pat after 2A on hit, seeing as what he can do in crouch state with 8 frames to work with, and start stepping, and end up sideturned and Pat at +10. Its a good followup poke to BB, AA, 1K, 2A, etc., because it makes use of those frames he has after the aforementioned pokes, and turns that +2, +4, into +10. It also will make them hesitant about just stepping on him, and allow him to force pressure.

(off topic)And imma start hyping up the FP guide, because its the shit. If you dont have it yet, go get it asap. Its too much invaluable knowledge not to have. There's no excuse to not have at least decent, ground level matchup knowledge for the entire roster in this game.

2A on hit is that much? I gotta use that more often. I know it was good, but damn. I need to start paying attention.

---

I went and got the guide.

This is school all over again, does anybody have the answers for Chapter 5?

2K over 1K?

... Well, I suppose the frame data agrees with you... maybe you could use them both, and hope they don't catch on about 1K's hidden advantage.

I guess I should start using it, thanks.

2K over 1K?

... Well, I suppose the frame data agrees with you... maybe you could use them both, and hope they don't catch on about 1K's hidden advantage.

I guess I should start using it, thanks.
Always noticed that 2k has a seemingly faster start-up, great reach, and the fact that Pat can crouch under tons of stuff make's it helpful. An Easy and effective corner mix-up is just switching from 2K -> 2Y in a pattern or something

Back