Patroklos Combo Discussion!

BrewtusBibulus

Get your eSports on!
Got a new flavor on an existing combo you want to share with the world? You found the right thread. Feel free to talk about anything related to combo starters, combos themselves and enders/wakeup after the combo. Everything will be compiled using The Patroklos Combo Index as a master list.

I'm pretty sure these are the inputs. I forget what we all decided to use for BE so I'll just use 'S' to denote where the A+B+K inputs are. This could probably wait, but w/e. This is what we've seen so far in pre-launch videos:

Meterless combos

Launchers:
3B 236B
CH 6BBB 66B+K 236B
CH 66B 66B+K 236B
CH (toe stab) 66B+K 236B

Stun combos:
22B 3KK

50% meter combos

Launchers:

3B 236B$
CH 6BBB 66B+K 236B$
CH 66B 66B+K 236B$
CH (toe stab) 66B+K 236B$

100% meter combos

Launchers:
3B CE
CH 6BBB 66B+K CE
CH 66B 66B+K CE
CH (toe stab) 66B+K CE

There's also combos involving his other two BEs and 3KK, but I'm not sure what the inputs are or what the best followups are.

Normal hit 66B or toe stab probably combos into 2K, 1K, or 3B or something, but it appears to start a tech trap situation. If they don't tech they can get hit by 66B+K into 236B(S) or CE. Pat has many possible candidates for tech trap moves with horizontal mids and lows like 66A, 236AA, and 1A. 1A appeared to connect in a video against a tech.

I'm a put the voodoo on him. I can see the notes of Cassandra in his style but a lot of Sophitia. He's just so FLASHY and well male. But his neutral stance... boy would my right arm get tired

My main thought on Pat is what is the ideal ender going to look like for 66B+K pickups without using meter. Given the last couple games 236B is probably the best pure damage punish, but what is going to give oki? Beyond testing his 9K I dunno what I'm else may work

I'm a put the voodoo on him. I can see the notes of Cassandra in his style but a lot of Sophitia. He's just so FLASHY and well male. But his neutral stance... boy would my right arm get tired
I undeleted this post as an example. Keep threads on topic, if you want to talk about something unrelated to the thread at hand please find the appropriate thread or make one yourself. This is the only warning anyone is getting for off topic posts.

Come back from launch party today.

3B or 33B>236B
3B or 33B>236b,A+B+K
3B or 33B>236236A+B+K
1B>1b,A+B+K>AA
WSK>>1b,A+B+K>AA

I'm not use to keyboard notations but I found some combos if you can translate that would be great

while running B dash B+K>KE
Counter hit Foward BBB B+K KE or QCF B A+B+K
DashFoward A>A+B+K DownBack B A+B+K Down foward B aka luanch sorry if you can't understand my poor use of notations

That kick flip thingy that pick up a grounded opponent and his toe and body stab moves (I hope you know what I'm talking about) seem REALLY slow... are they?

Thanks, have you used him?
Yeah, last Saturday.

The problem with this mixup is you're pretty much always open to be interrupted and stepped. So you'll need to use 6BBB, AA, 2A, or 236B, depending on what they're doing, to discourage this. If you're not close enough to do these things without moving, you kinda have to take a risk to keep them in check. Or you can play it safe, wait for a whiff, and then get in. I'm not really sure how he'll get in against players who master Raph/Mitsu/Sieg/NM keepout.

Yeah, last Saturday.

The problem with this mixup is you're pretty much always open to be interrupted and stepped. So you'll need to use 6BBB, AA, 2A, or 236B, depending on what they're doing, to discourage this. If you're not close enough to do these things without moving, you kinda have to take a risk to keep them in check. Or you can play it safe, wait for a whiff, and then get in. I'm not really sure how he'll get in against players who master Raph/Mitsu/Sieg/NM keepout.
Who would you prefer for like a tourny, aPat or Pat, from a technical perspective. Whose easier to punish, who has the MOST unsafe move, and who is the safest...

Who would you prefer for like a tourny, aPat or Pat, from a technical perspective. Whose easier to punish, who has the MOST unsafe move, and who is the safest...
I'm still working that out. They actually play pretty similarly -- the objective is to get in and knock them down with a mid/low mixup. If you want to whore out unsafe moves, Pat's unsafe stuff is harder to punish than say aPat's "umbrella" and CE, but everything else is pretty safe.

Pat's got better oki I think and aPat's got a longer max range (33B). Pat kills step at a longer range with 3A, though that is a bit unsafe on block.

So you choose between threatening oki and step-kill, or huge throw damage, longer range punishes, and even more devastating damage. Gotta be able to execute though.

wsA+B, 3KK, 66A+B. Been landing this all night at the session me and my crew had last night. 76 pts.

You can also do B+K instead of 66A+B afterwards, but if the wsA+B hits tip range(he moves up a decent bit when he does this), the B+K will whiff, and you dont have enough time to step forward and B+K.

Edit of Justice: 66B does stun on normal hit.

Back