Patroklos Combo Discussion!

Not sure if this combo has been posted or not. This only works if it ends up near a wall or edge.

:6::6::B:, :6::6::B+K: ,:2::3::6::bA+B+K: ,:2::3::6::K:

Does about 93 damage if I remember right, and nearly builds back all the meter it uses. 236K only connects if a wall or edge keeps the opponent from getting knocked back too far. Haven't tested it much.

anyone else having trouble executing 1b(BE) after 88b>3kk as demonstrated in the combo video? the combo starts at around 2:00. I can't seem to get it I tried the input as fast as I could as well as delaying it

[/quote]

It's because it's not a combo. That video is incorrect. It's a tech trap, escaped to the opponent's right only or by staying down. In fact, I've found quite a few situations where 1B~BE can be used as a tech trap, but they aren't good, as you should just finish the combo.

Developed this in training: CH 6BBB, 8B+K, 2A+B. Can anyone increase its efficiency? Sometimes 8B+K goes over opponent.

Also: Near Wall 3B, 3B, 236B BE, 1B BE, CE_AA

Developed this in training: CH 6BBB, 8B+K, 2A+B. Can anyone increase its efficiency? Sometimes 8B+K goes over opponent.

Also: Near Wall 3B, 3B, 236B BE, 1B BE, CE_AA
CH 6BBB/66B > 8B+K is techable to both sides. Other techs will cause 8B+K to hit normally and not give any stun that guarantees anything. Just go with CH 6BBB > 66B+K > 236K.

Does the Combo List sticky ever get updated? Seems like several things in there are wrong, maybe you guys can correct me if I'm wrong since I just started playing this character:

3B -> 66A+B is not a combo, right?
1B -> bA+B+K ~ AA ? bA+B+K isn't a move I know of
A+B -> 236K can also be done, right? isnt listed
no 236A,B combos listed, which ones are best for you guys?
WR A+B -> 3K,K can also followup with 236K instead of 66A+B right? I think someone also posted that it's possible to do WR A+B -> 236B BE -> 236K with a really deep 236K
WS K,A -> any other good combos besides 2A+B?

finally, what are the best meter/meterless options after you land a 'Guard Burst'? I'm guessing it's 66B combo or 3B CE? i dunno

Does the Combo List sticky ever get updated?
Nope. (what's good man, what's happening?)

3B -> 66A+B is not a combo, right?
Nope.

1B -> bA+B+K ~ AA ? bA+B+K isn't a move I know of
Probably referring to 1B BE.

The best combo is 1B, 1B BE, 3B. About a 25 point increase over 1B, 236K. I don't personally use it a lot (or hit 1B a lot for that matter.)

A+B -> 236K can also be done, right? isnt listed
Only if you're close enough to immediately land 236K (A+B point blank, or pushed near a wall/ring edge).

From farther away, you can try for a deep 236K. If they lay there they get hit, if they hold G they get hit, if they try to roll (they can't) they get hit. If they ukemi in any direction you're usually in big trouble.

no 236A,B combos listed, which ones are best for you guys?
I wasn't aware that 236AB comboed into anything. What are your findings?

WR A+B -> 3K,K can also followup with 236K instead of 66A+B right? I think someone also posted that it's possible to do WR A+B -> 236B BE -> 236K with a really deep 236K
wrA+B, 3KK, 236K is a combo, yes. Depending on how they fall, you may need to deepen the 236K.

wrA+B, 236B BE, deep 236K is left techable.

WS K,A -> any other good combos besides 2A+B?
236K, or CE.

finally, what are the best meter/meterless options after you land a 'Guard Burst'? I'm guessing it's 66B combo or 3B CE? i dunno
6BBB, 66B+K, 236K. Does comparable damage to 3B, CE without using any meter.

If you're too far away, 66B, 66B+K, 236K.

If you have the time, check this out.

Oh, and welcome back.

You rock Drake, thanks for the info ;] I'm doing alright, trying to finish this semester so I'll have time to sit down with this game.

You don't hit 1B much or you don't like the move? It seems good to me, neutral on block, i21 and 67 dmg or more on hit. I mix this up with 1K, 3B, and throws.

Hmm I didn't know you can 1B into 1B BE, I'm going to mess with that, it's suprising to me because I tried 1B -> 236B and that misses for me.

Ah, I wasn't sure about 236A,B. I figured since he launches them there must be something guaranteed, like at least a 2B or 2K but I guess not.

You don't hit 1B much or you don't like the move?
It's a good move, I just don't score hits with it all too often.

Ah, I wasn't sure about 236A,B. I figured since he launches them there must be something guaranteed, like at least a 2B or 2K but I guess not.
Yeah, you don't recover fast enough. 236AB is air-controllable to remove any okizeme you can get, too (but single 236A is not, better oki for less damage.)

66B, CE works but it's not consistent all of the time because of CE's hitbox on crumpled opponents (and CE doesn't have the greatest range). It's better to just take the meter from 66B+K, 236K and try to land CE some other way.

11B, G, CE works well, if you can get 11B to hit (most of the time I can't). Extends reverse ringout range by quite a bit.

Are there any combos that include 8B+K that aren't techable? And are there any practical ways to land 44B+K on an opponent?

Are there any combos that include 8B+K that aren't techable? And are there any practical ways to land 44B+K on an opponent?
After 44KK hits if you immediately do 44B+K and the opponent is mashing G to stand up they'll eat it. Can be avoided by playing dead or side teching.

On Guard Burst, 44A CE is another possibility, dealing almost as much damage as 6BBB 66B+K CE while having longer range. The actual damage will vary from 109 to 115 from what I have tested (compared to 111 for the aforementionned combo), although I don't exactly get why. Probably some stun properties I am unaware of.
The timing can be a little tight but it's certainly something to consider.

I would actually like to see some discussion on 44A, I'm not actually sure how to use it, what to follow it up with and most importantly making its hit confirms easier.

On Guard Burst, 44A CE is another possibility, dealing almost as much damage as 6BBB 66B+K CE while having longer range. The actual damage will vary from 109 to 115 from what I have tested (compared to 111 for the aforementionned combo), although I don't exactly get why. Probably some stun properties I am unaware of.
The timing can be a little tight but it's certainly something to consider.

I would actually like to see some discussion on 44A, I'm not actually sure how to use it, what to follow it up with and most importantly making its hit confirms easier.

Clean hits cause the damage to vary. Each attack has a varying random chance to "clean hit". Some attacks have a higher chance to clean hit than others; such as Pat's JF JS B as opposed to regular version. For note, JF JS B also has longer range. Same base damage if clean hit fails; same frames.

44A gives you nothing on normal hit, but i15/i16 possible on counter-hit. If you hit from point blank range, you're given +15. If you're at a distance, you're given +16. There appears to be two active hit frames and each have their own properties. It's very difficult to hit-check if it's counter or not, so most of the time it's better to take mental inventory of what your opponent is doing as you input the move. You can often tell if it will be counter-hit as you're inputting it as you watch the opponents character.

I've seen a few people attempt this, but it only works if 1B BE is inputted kinda late.

6BBB_66B, 66B+K, 1B BE, CE.

It doesn't seem worth 1.5 bars.

Back