Patroklos Combo Discussion!

Mini-Combo:

Wr K, 1B BE, AA

And is the second hit of 66A+B a practical launcher? And I mean if the first hit doesn't touch the opponent at all or the 1st is blocked and the second isn't.

I've seen a few people attempt this, but it only works if 1B BE is inputted kinda late.

6BBB_66B, 66B+K, 1B BE, CE.

It doesn't seem worth 1.5 bars.

Air controllable. You can easily make the last hit of 1B~BE whiff, and sometimes the 2nd hit depending on angle.

Mini-Combo:

Wr K, 1B BE, AA

And is the second hit of 66A+B a practical launcher? And I mean if the first hit doesn't touch the opponent at all or the 1st is blocked and the second isn't.

This is legit. Often used near ring-out by myself, as well. The WR K isn't safe, but the follow-up keeps some respect. Don't end with AA if you have a possible ring-out, as 2A is your best option if you're trying to extend them that final inch.

Always remember the 2A (or 3K in corners, like the raft stage) as the follow-up to 1B~BE as it connects late/low enough that their air control will not allow them to regain position on map. AA allows them to float back onto the stage often.

Also note, WR K, A (in setups like WR K blocked, WR A hit) allows 1B~BE to connect at edge/wall. This gives you many setups for ring out.

Still new to learning the terminology. What exactly is a whiff. And does character height affect the range of possible for patroklos? I always use the standard height.

Whiff is terminology used in other concepts, not just [fighting] games. Whiff means a complete miss. No hit nor block. For example, when you successfully step a move, you caused it to whiff. Or when an opponent misjudges the distances between you, and throws out an attack that falls short of your guard, and thus whiffs.

Whiff is terminology used in other concepts, not just [fighting] games. Whiff means a complete miss. No hit nor block. For example, when you successfully step a move, you caused it to whiff. Or when an opponent misjudges the distances between you, and throws out an attack that falls short of your guard, and thus whiffs.

Ok, and what about height?

It's been observed that character height does affect things like damage; as for reach I can only assume. I never tested myself for what Drake said: CaS is tournament banned. I do remember hearing an extremely short female Nightmare does a very noticeable damage increase. Yes; not sure if gender now plays a role, too. Not my research nor claims! Have fun testing that!

was messing around and stumbled on this nice little wall combo. 22a, 3b, 4b, a+g w! 3kk, 236k. it only works if you get the high wallsplat off the 3b launch. you always get free side throw attempt and if they dont break it its always a w! into said combo.
3b w! 3b, 44b+k catches r/f/b tech for nice damage.

if already posted sorry.

Useless junk incoming.

22A W! tiny step right, B+K, CE. 121 DMG and really not worth the risk or meter.

If you get lucky, B+K relaunches. If you don't get lucky, you either get a ground hit or you miss completely.

Combo videos...

22a, 3b, 4b, a+g w! 3kk, 236k. it only works if you get the high wallsplat off the 3b launch. you always get free side throw attempt and if they dont break it its always a w! into said combo.
Using 4B after 3B high wallsplat, is that correct?

That throw is duckable... But I suppose this is kind of like an Astaroth setup. Not bad. 22A wall combos tend not to be consistent, I would probably try for this instead of something guaranteed.

If you know they will crouch 3B into wall combo will cover that.

It's possible to substitute 3KK, 236K for CE after side throw wallsplat for +30 damage. Not worth it, but... Hypes the crowd up, I guess...

Hmm, maybe it is worth it. On Pyrrha, the whole thing works as planned.

On Leixia, I keep getting backthrow into wallsplat. 3KK will connect but 236K followup is wonky. Oddly enough CE will connect.

The flashy will probably stun your opponent enough to get those last few hits in if you need to (probably not).

I'm starting to like this more and more as I go over it. Nice find!

I tried it out on Astaroth... Backthrow, wallsplat, nothing will connect. Seems like the difference between backthrow and sidethrow (when it occurs) is how long you wait to grab, and the sidethrow is going to be more consistent.

3b w! 3b, 44b+k catches r/f/b tech for nice damage.
Can you ukemi at all? I think all you can do is just get up guarding.

3B (tip range) 1bA+B+K 3B = 77
3B (tip range) 1bA+B+K 236236A+B+K = 108

Edit: I used Viola as the training dummy.

Oh and is the 3B 66A+B in the combo list character specific?

I just cannot land 22A near the wall for the life of me. If I do manage to hit we're off-axis and I don't get a wallsplat.

I guess I'll stick to 3B and 66B+G. 22A's potential damage is high but I'm only hitting that on someone who's sleeping.

Oh and is the 3B 66A+B in the combo list character specific?
I don't know... regardless, you should be using 236K instead...

I was testing silly stuff against Pyrrha's 8[B+K] since I can't seem to react to it fast enough. You can actually interrupt her with B and followup with 236K for 47 damage and some meter. Surprisingly air control doesn't break it. Be careful not to attempt it at long range, otherwise B won't connect. EDIT : It will connect at mid range. You don't exactly have time to make sure you've actually hit Pyrrha while airborne, you may need to delay your B to get it when you want it.
All of that isn't nearly as cool as QS ~ Forward Jump ~ BT B+K but it can be useful I suppose.

Clean hits cause the damage to vary
In this case it wasn't because of clean hits, but because I was testing different kinds of counters. A clean hit would have made the damage vary a lot more. Not only that, but neither 44A nor CE can clean hit as far as I'm aware.
EDIT : Apparently damage also varies depending on facing. You get +5% if you hit from the side, +10% from the back. Might have been that.

I just cannot land 22A near the wall for the life of me. If I do manage to hit we're off-axis and I don't get a wallsplat.

I guess I'll stick to 3B and 66B+G. 22A's potential damage is high but I'm only hitting that on someone who's sleeping.
I just want to reiterate this. It's really depressing, every time I get someone up against a wall, they don't want to step out and get hit by 22A, they want to hold guard.

I think the first instinct near the wall should be to work the lows or 66B+G... Can't get anything else.

What's his best wall combos? I always do 3B 3B 66B 66B+K 236B BE 236K.
I can't recommend you use that (brave edge), the scaling kind of sucks (50% for 18 damage). I suppose you could go for it as a finisher.

As for 66B+K, even though the hitbox has been buffed, it can still whiff at the wall, or fail to launch. 66B 66B+K 236K is great if you can get it to land (the okizeme off of 236K is going to be even more effective since you're near the wall) but, the consistency... sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I would hate to miss that and lose as a result if I had something on the line...

44A, 3KK, 236K should always land. But, when you come down from your flip your positioning isn't consistent, sometimes you will land BT, sometimes you will land at an odd angle, sometimes you will land straight. You could trade 236K for 2B+K, though. (I think I might start doing this.)

2B+K delayed (sometimes not depending on angle) after 3KK has a chance (not completely sure) of catching right tech for a little more damage (10-30 maybe).

The 236B BE 236K was the best option. It did more than the CE, even though I never use the CE in a 66B+K combo.

Edit:
3B W! 3B W! 66B 66B+K 236B BE 236K = 112 damage.
3B W! 3B W! 66B 66B+K 236K = 95 damage.
3B W! 3B W! 44A 3K.K 236K = 95 damage.
3B W! 3B W! 44A 3K.K 2B+K = 91 damage.
3B W! 3B W! 44A/66B/66B 66B+K CE = all do 112 damage.

I've never had problems with the first one, so..

You should, if the other guy is in the yellow (or close to the ring edge). It's saved my ass quite a few times.
I can't bring myself to do it.. A simple 3B CE does more than 66B 66B+K CE.
66B CE would be better. Catches at all 66B ranges if you stab them from the front.

Back