Patroklos Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i live in california there is an entire district of LA devoted to gay people if you ever get the chance just walk down the side walk in that neighborhood and you will see why his hair his gay. My problem is with how they took away sophitia and with her kids: Pyrra who takes after cassandra way to much and patroklos who's whole design is to apease the metro sexual fad in japan. I just have a feeling that soul calibur 5 is going to end up like Fable 3 it's all hyped up to be cool but when you play the game replaced her you find out that all the stuff you love about the previous installments has been gutted with "new" crappy changes that make you trade in the game at game stop a day later... BTW I have no problem with homosexuals you can't live in LA and be a homophobe.

well i lived in LA and hollywood for a while and i don't remember seeing anyone's hair look like Pats. i still don't think a hair style makes you gay but we're talking about your personal preferences. I'm from Texas so i definitely have a keen eye for picking out homosexuals. i'm not a homophobe either though. i got several friends that are bi/homosexual. i have a friend on here and he has natural hair that's like Pats but he isn't a homosexual nor is he part of the metro sexual fad in Japan or anywhere else.

and pyrrha takes nothing after cassandra. Cassandra finds insult in that statement.

Are you kidding? her thigh boots scream cassandra! but whatever your obviously going to defend your pretty boy and i doubt the mods want to sift through a flame war. You don't think he looks gay on the otherhand I do. This is time consuming and i'm going to bed and i don't want to sign in tomorrow and pick this up.

it's cool. i didn't think we were flaming but debating. and i don't think a single fashion accessory makes one character like another. sophitia had high boots in SC2 but i guess we're ignoring that. (it doesn't mean anything anyway :p) you can ask anyone who knows anything about soul calibur on this website and they will tell you that Pyrrha definitely doesn't take after Cassy. that's not a personal preference. that is truth and a fact.

anyway. i'm so taking Daishi's Patroklos combo btw.

it's not fact it's opinion just because a majority believes it doesn't make it fact. Anywho maybe I exagerated about pyrra, but her oufit just reminds me of cassandra: maybe not her personallity no she seems to to whiny and self involved over the fact that she doesn't want to hurt anyone IN A FIGHTING GAME!!! It's not just one accesory his whole theme is the problem for me; and the fact hes voiced by the guy that did the custom characters: he doesn't scream protaganist. and yes I did say i was going to bed but curiosity got the better of me.. :P But outfits say alot about people unless you lived your whole life with judgeing some one on appearence or you never had that feeling you weren't going to like a person just by looking at them you can't diss the fact that I don't like him based on my reasons.

i don't. i respect your reasoning. but Daishi and Tago themselves said that Pyrrha was a hand down from sophitia. that's why i said it was a fact because they're the top producers of the game. i like Pyrrha's attitude because she doesn't want to harm people but she knows she must if she wants to live. I thought Pat's clothes were cool. he had some very unique mail though. the only thing that threw me off was the shape of his shield until i saw that he sheaths his sword in there.

If they really wanted her to be a model of sophitia she needs to dress like it. im pretty sure cassandra had thigh boots in every game she was in. she looks to much like cassandra thats my beef: plus she does have a few of her butt bumping grabs. designers make mistakes, I remember how they said fable 3 was an improvement: now a part of my soul died from playing it :'(

If they really wanted her to be a model of sophitia she needs to dress like it. im pretty sure cassandra had thigh boots in every game she was in. she looks to much like cassandra thats my beef: plus she does have a few of her butt bumping grabs.
sophie had thigh high boots in SC3 as her 1P outfit. SC4 is cassandra's first time having thigh highs on her 1P outfit. i don't remember ever seeing pyrrha having any butt bump moves. and i hate the fact that they perverted my cassy in SC4 and gave her skimpy clothing and a hand full of butt attacks. where'd my conservative and aggressive with sword girl go?

theres this one grab where she basicly butt bumps astaroths face it looks like the end to cassandra critical finish in SCIV but with out the hearts. I never like cassandra any way i didn't see a point in two sword and shield users: i also wouldn't have minded siegfried staying nightmare but what are you going to do.. on a completely unrealated topic i wish they would make an oompa loompa a playable character.?!

new? shes just old combos given a new finish. like how twilight princess was basicly ocarina of time: same items same story diferent finish.

They can't exactly throw out an entire style because SC is an FG not an RPG. In an FG, when they say new character, they mean story wise, quote wise, personality, looks and basically all the superficial stuff. An FG has certain staple styles they can't do away with, they're what makes it SC.
Yes. According to FG rules, Pyrrha is new.

shes just a re used sophitia /cassandra style. Video game developers like daishi tend to do that when they run out of ideas. of course you can be distracted by the bells and whistles ("new stuff") i'll look at it how it is. It's like buying a NEW Pre owned Car! doesn't that makes sense

theres this one grab where she basicly butt bumps astaroths face it looks like the end to cassandra critical finish in SCIV but with out the hearts.
that grab is based off of sophie's 66A+G grab. pyrrha really doesn't share any moves that cassandra has. that's why no one compares the two. the only things they share are hair color, eye color, and their last name.

she has an imitation of cassandras 3k and has a move that looks alot like cass 22 B+K and basicly has cass 66A
Oh man when will people stop reaching to see Cassandra in either of Pyrrha or Patroklos...

Cassandra's 3K is just a standing knee, lol

22B+K, the jumping slash? I haven't seen Pat use that, but I hope you're talking about his standard 9B, lol

Pyrrha actually does have Cass's 66A, it's one of maybe two moves she received. Pat, however, may have a horizontal mid slash but it has a different animation.

The way you see things, any knee, jumping vertical, horizontal mid, or any other common tools that Cassandra has would be inherited from her.

she is just a bunch of inherited moves; as long as she has moves from cassandra/ sophitia she will never be a completely new shes just a remake with some new finishes. i think they should have started from scratch with both of them. but no people want to be reminded of sophitia! Well then don't take her out of the game to begin with.

she is just a bunch of inherited moves; as long as she has moves from cassandra/ sophitia she will never be a completely new shes just a remake with some new finishes. i think they should have started from scratch with both of them. but no people want to be reminded of sophitia! Well then don't take her out of the game to begin with.
we don't even know if she's taken out of the game. I still say that Patroklos is his own character that doesn't share any moves that are from a specific character. he has the Alexandria family moves which are the backflip kick, the angel step, shield bash, and ground stab. but they're not for any specific character since they are all shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back