Patroklos Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, I actually find that he plays very similar to Cass. A lot of his tools seem similar to and applicable in the same ways as a lot of her tools in 4.

But that's just me :)

It's funny, I actually find that he plays very similar to Cass. A lot of his tools seem similar to and applicable in the same ways as a lot of her tools in 4.

But that's just me :)
huh?? no way... coming from a cass main that sounds crazy

where's the 2B+K and all her other good stuff? Gonna need to explain to me how you can play Pat like Cass...

They can side tech out of 236K after 236B$ in open ground... So you're going to need a tech trap option.

Up until they added infinite stages I didn't care about backstep, because eventually people would corner themselves. Now I'm just sad... Is A+B horribly unsafe? That's going to stuff 2A and backstep from key ranges

If A+B doesn't give anything guaranteed that would be awesome. Prime spacing to use 2A+B as a punisher for the no tech side of things. Just need to find something to hit them for trying to side tech...

huh?? no way... coming from a cass main that sounds crazy

where's the 2B+K and all her other good stuff? Gonna need to explain to me how you can play Pat like Cass...

She didn't have 2B+K (at least not out of stance...) in SC2... Pat's very similar to Cass from SC2, minus the wagon boss move of hers and a somewhat unique command throw.

Cass in SC2 had two stances, a twirl (214) and Angel Step (236). Her prime punisher in SC2 was 236AB while 236B function more as a combo filler/ender. A little different from SC4 where 236AB was slowed down a lot. She also had a really nice 3-hit string; ABB which was a natural combo on counter. She had 66B+G back then too, but she also had throws that didn't put her too far from her opponent like in SC4.

Pat's pretty darn similar to Cassandra, though he lacks the similar command throw functionality that Cass had, he instead gains it from his 3-hit string. Many of the more signature stuff that Pat's using (the sweeping overhead slash, for example) were originally Cassandra's moves before they were planted on Sophitia.

I'm curious to see if he has moves similar to 66A+B, 8A+BK, 44B, 22B+K, B2, and 44A from Cassandra.

Hmm I'm still not sure what similarities you see other than that "sweeping overhead slash" (what move is this?).

Just the difference in movement speed between SCIV Cass and Pat makes them feel very different. OMG if Pat had Cass's movement he'd be an amazing character. Cass's lack of range is practically a non-issue thanks to her crazy good forward and back steps.

I'm curious to see if he has moves similar to 66A+B, 8A+BK, 44B, 22B+K, B2, and 44A from Cassandra.
Everything is subject to change, but I did have a look at the movelist and Bibulus and I have listed and identified almost of his moves already.

66A+B - has kind of the same functionally as Pat 66B?
8A+BK - is not in
44B - Pat has 11B which causes reverse RO. A lot of characters have a move like this.
22B+K - Pat has a 9A+B I think? It's really slow TJ but it has a completely different arc, speed and range. The only thing similar about them is that both moves are TJs.
B2 - I don't know what this move is
44A - Pat has a few tracking mids, but none of them have the combination of speed and range that 44A does.

They can side tech out of 236K after 236B$ in open ground... So you're going to need a tech trap option.
Yeah I was just wondering if you knew exactly what to do yet. There's gotta be something though

Up until they added infinite stages I didn't care about backstep, because eventually people would corner themselves. Now I'm just sad... Is A+B horribly unsafe? That's going to stuff 2A and backstep from key ranges
A+B is a viable option to beat 2A. I really don't the idea of having to do a reverse mixup option at advantage though. That's a really specific counter that won't beat anything else. When I tried using A+B at advantage at SCR it got stepped a lot. It's also a high and it may be duckable on reaction. I think it's pretty safe on block though! A+B blocked into A+B seemed to work.

I'm not really sure about A+B catching back step, it doesn't seem fast enough. I didn't do a whole lot of uncharged A+B though, maybe that's my problem. But I'm not sure if you can have speed and an aGI window at the right time for a 2A... remember we're at advantage here.

I'm thinking maybe 1K will be fast and long enough, it looks like it's i17-i19? We kinda need to know how much frame advantage he gets though.

B2 was ground stab... Right? 2A+B is new ground stab and it gives great oki options on hit.

Right now I would kill for her old 6B. Pat really needs something to stab people in the face for backstepping

Patroklos has many moves like Sophitia's including Sophitia's 236k, 44BK, 236A, 1A, 3AB, as well as his while rising B, is similar to Sophitia's counter in 44A, (in his critical edge he launches his sword at his opponent just like his mother did in her CF), including a move that has the same effect as Sophitia's 33B, not to mention his 3B (when he stabs his opponent on the ground), which is obviously derived from Sophitia, a move that has been there as early as Soul Edge/Blade, however that doesn't mean he plays like Sophitia, nor Cassandra, based on the Story mode he seems to base himself off of Sophitia, however he's completely new. As for somepeople on here that insist he plays like the sisters, all I have to say is that we haven't played the finished game yet, he's still a brand new character (under development which may change), as the producers said he would be. There is no Cassandra replacement, however that doesn't mean she won't be DLC. And also keep in mind that Cassandra (SC2) has many moves that were originally on Sophitia, and later on implimented on Cassandra. Sophitia bears a minimum set of moves that were originally on Cassandra, if any her butt hitting move. (while facing back) B+K. So I agree with Signia, unfortunately (for now) there is no Cassandra replacement. Patroklos is completely new. As for Storywise, well Patroklos said,"Now I will show you what my MOTHER'S ATHENIAN STYLE is capable of" Specifically alluding to his Mother, whom he seems to profoundly honor. He is titled as the "Heir to the title of Holy Warrior", according to storymode his mother was hailed as the Holy Warrior, which obviously indicates he inherited that title from his MOTHER. In the Tutorial vids of the new mechanics Patrokolos seems to always scream for his MOTHER, not for Cassandra, I don't even think he's mentioned Cassandra, actually I don't think she's been mentioned at all in SCV. Nonetheless Patroklos is a BRAND NEW character.

Although old, and not a very good video in terms of skill, there is some interesting things we can pull from this video...

Pat's 3B is faster than it appears and it has TC properties. And there's another TC move the uppercut with sword and shield. His AA also seems to have some good tracking properties, despite its ridiculously short range.

Another point, is the weapon trail or particle effect on Pat's sword is red, while Pyrrha's is blue? Hints of something more there? Maybe...

It makes me sad to see these two fight. At first I was like they would be a good fight, but after hearing the dialouge between the two "Brace yourself Pyrrah" "Patroclusss" I feel kind of bad for them it makes me sad along with Pyrhha's AMAZING voice actor who makes her seem so helpless... :(

Theory: Red and Blue sword trails:
Pat was originally intended to use SC while Pyr was intended to use SE, but Pat wants "justice" and needs power which is granted by the darker SE and Pyrrah saw the hate SE brings so she wants to destroy it thus seeking SC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back