Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

BrewtusBibulus

Get your eSports on!
Ask a question, get an answer. Welcome to the only place where you can ask a question people have heard before and get a straight answer. I only ask that you check the first post before you ask, because if a question is common enough it will be posted and answered up here. No question is too silly as long as it's about Patroklos?

Pat's CE can pick up off of the ground or was I just lucky? I did it on Sieg I'm not sure if this is 100%
I would like some clarification on this too. I did it once in a match against Seig but I couldn't redo it. Can't fully test it myself since I don't own the game.

I would like some clarification on this too. I did it once in a match against Seig but I couldn't redo it. Can't fully test it myself since I don't own the game.
I just beat the story mode in 1 night and I'm pretty tired I'll be doing some Pat testing tomorrow!

It seems to be all buttons as well as directions. I think the opponent can counter mash though.

I've only been able to get off two.

It kind of looks like Dampierre's spanking throw, but I don't know if they're related.

Right I tried it
It seems to be all buttons as well as directions. I think the opponent can counter mash though.

Same I tried it with one button at a time then mashed all the buttons. It comes out to 7hits. Much more success and, faster with inputs as well.

THAT'S IT!!!

Do the throw, and then mash the hell out of THE DIRECTIONS.

I do multiple 360 rotations (ow, my thumb.)

7 hits, 75 damage, every single time! I love it!!!!

THAT'S IT!!!

Do the throw, and then mash the hell out of THE DIRECTIONS.

I do multiple 360 rotations (ow, my thumb.)

7 hits, 75 damage, every single time! I love it!!!!

yeah i found that too....but if you only do 360 rotations the hits are slower....try to do 360 rotations and mash buttons like mad....and the hits animation will go faster!!!

The opponent can indeed countermash, to reduce damage. However, they have to mash either by doing rotations or by rotations + buttons, it doesn't seem like mashing buttons works well at all.

Even if they can mash, using other throws might cause them to mash in vain. That would get to me if I were on the receiving end, but I don't know about other people.

On stick, rotations shouldn't be a problem... on pad, my thumb gets raw rubbing the d-pad, I think I might like doing rotations on the analog stick just for this move.

I've been getting all 7 hits on the throw by just rotating the arcade stick, no button presses required unless of course it counts towards an opponent counter-mashing.

I've been getting all 7 hits on the throw by just rotating the arcade stick, no button presses required unless of course it counts towards an opponent counter-mashing.

yeah, you don't need buttons, but if you press buttons the animation will go faster

I would like to hear some strategies about closing the distance with Pat. Overall, this is my main setback. I know 66B is a great poke, and 66A/(BE) gets me in sometimes. But is there anything else more effective?

Back