Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

Well since I play idiots people unfamiliar with the Pat match-up I like to jab with 2K and then start a WR game to get into my opponents head when they're near the edge or cornered. I dont know why, but 2K seems to throw a lot of people off for some reason. Its kind of like those marvel 3 slides (Frankie, Firebrand, Trish, Hawkeye etc).

Anyway:

1. Ok I guess ill keep crusading 236AB.
2. How often do you guys throw out 9k? I gotta say I love this move against Pyrrha.
3. How did you come to grips with maining a character who probably ended up screwing his sister?

Also doing shit like 2A [Blocked] WR A+B has worked somehow. Play around with these weird setups, the risk reward is heavily in your favour VS. most of the cast/people who can't punish it.

2. How often do you guys throw out 9k? I gotta say I love this move against Pyrrha.

9K is great. Probably one of the best "universal" jump attacks in the game. It TJs, forces crouch on block and is safe enough on block to allow BUTTONS afterwards.

3. How did you come to grips with maining a character who probably ended up screwing his sister?

I main the sister D:
The malfested sister...

Hm, I was getting relaunches on left rolls.

What character are you using? I tested using Pat vs Pat, recorded 66B, 66B+K, 66B+K, playback then rolled left manually by holding 8.
Pat on Pat, though the one I was controlling was a CaS, and I did the same thing.

Well since I play idiots people unfamiliar with the Pat match-up I like to jab with 2K and then start a WR game to get into my opponents head when they're near the edge or cornered. I dont know why, but 2K seems to throw a lot of people off for some reason.
I've been experimenting with running in people's faces and repeatedly using 2K, after you insisted that it was good. It's not bad, but I still think it is more of a distraction than anything. Pat doesn't have Natsu wrK or Nightmare's backstep or Maxi's wrB+K (that's the evasive one, right?) so when you 2K the other guy it just feels fraudulent, you're at -2 and you can't really do anything besides CE or mash 2A. It is like you are flipping the opponent off for no good reason.

But, with the people you play, I guess you could get away with using wrA+B after 2K...

I'm not totally comfortable with using jump moves all of the time or to escape mixups. But when I do use them, 9K is good. Safe on block, "mini-combos" for people who lie on the ground. Tech traps!

The theory is that if you jump out of a mixup, you'll avoid the low or throw, and if you're hit with the mid, if the mid happens to be a combo starter most likely the combo will be ruined because you are in the air. That's the theory, anyway. I generally have a hard time applying it.

Incest is best, put your sister to the test.

... I am an only child, so I can say this without repercussions.

Also, for the PC folk out there, I am joking.

I've been experimenting with running in people's faces and repeatedly using 2K, after you insisted that it was good. It's not bad, but I still think it is more of a distraction than anything. Pat doesn't have Natsu wrK or Nightmare's backstep or Maxi's wrB+K (that's the evasive one, right?) so when you 2K the other guy it just feels fraudulent, you're at -2 and you can't really do anything besides CE or mash 2A. It is like you are flipping the opponent off for no good reason.

Coming from a Marvel background...
I think Pat's 2K is great for one reason and one reason only.
It's basically a non-moving sliding low.

Sliding lows are awesome because they fuck people up for some reason. Don't ask me why, they just do.
It's something I can't really explain. It's just the slide effect. Kind of like standing lows *ahem Pat, Skrull*
Perhaps its the fact that Pat transitions to 2K stance so quickly that throws people off.

Anyway I wish I could elaborate more but I just can't. I hope you can kinda understand where Im coming from though.

I hope you can kinda understand where Im coming from though.
Not really.

But if you're getting mileage out of it, don't let me stop you. Everyone is different, and so are the choices individuals make in battle. As long as you're getting wins, the methods don't matter.

Variations in style make things more exciting anyway. I don't have a monopoly on Pat, and I certainly wouldn't want to insist that everyone play the same way I do.

You like 2K, I think it's meh. Probably apples and oranges at this point, let's agree to disagree. Jolly good, carry on.

You're Finnish.
800px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png

Pat on Pat, though the one I was controlling was a CaS, and I did the same thing.
Tested vs Viola/Pyrrha/Leixia. My results are still consistent, catch backroll, catch left roll, whiff right roll.
I am failing to get the results that you mentioned.

Can you elaborate on your situation? CaS cannot be used in tournaments so I do not test with them.

Tested vs Viola/Pyrrha/Leixia. My results are still consistent, catch backroll, catch left roll, whiff right roll.
I am failing to get the results that you mentioned.

Can you elaborate on your situation? CaS cannot be used in tournaments so I do not test with them.
Well @#$% it does work, I just had the second 66B+K coming out a bit late. :/

I still wonder about the usefulness though, both 66B+K and 44B+K are kinda slow and seems like it would be pretty easy to react to either one. If you see the backflip stand up, if you see flames stay down.

Are we sure 66B+G > CE is a tech trap? I've had two people block it online.
It's a tech trap. Online does silly things sometimes. I've seen people 2A out of 2K on hit into CE with Leixia, which doesn't work offline ever.

Back