Pepsi vs. Coke 5

Which side?

• Coke

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 38 51.4%

• Total voters
I am an avid soda pop drinker. I am a Pepsi man, but goddamn. I do enjoy coke, Dr.Pepper, off brand, mellow yellow, Vault(ask peeps who know me), Mt.Dew(ALL FLAVORS), Sierria Mist, citra, sprite, 7up, many different root beers and red cream sodas...Caffeine...RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS! my blood alone could keep all of New York awake for 24hrs.

Yet no vampire could ever pierce your fatty exterior.

NOTHING MOVES THE BLOB!!!!

So, do you mean to tell me that my opinion is wrong? Like... seriously? Are you actually saying that everyone here who says they like Coke has a WRONG OPINION? Because of a majority of people who were tested enjoyed Pepsi more, everyone who prefers Coke is just mal-informed about their preference? I think that is just amazing. Carry on telling everyone who feels some way about something that they are wrong for feeling that way. I hate Pepsi. I think it taste horrible. But hey, my opinion on that matter is flat out wrong right? I guess Pepsi tastes great! With the side effect of making me gag, and hurl, but all well, that is just my bodily reflexes being brainwashed.

A wrong opinion? No I wouldn't say that. Just because you know the facts doesn't mean you have to run out and buy 20 bottles of Pepsi cola, say 20 hail Pepsies and beg for forgiveness. Not everyone honestly does prefer Pepsi to Coke when you take away the labels, I've always offered that caveat. Maybe you are one of the dissenting opinion. What's amazing though is that you won't even entertain for a moment the idea what you could be brainwashed, in fact you seem outright offended at the suggestion and even defend the idea that you aren't tooth and nail. If you were, how would you know? It's like I insulted your religion or something. I think you underestimate the power of suggestion. Or perhaps you underestimate the power of your own mind and it's ability to deceive you.

Don't worry Zdamned, we are drinking a tasty illusion. From where I am standing though, that Ghengis John guy is REALLY sipping the Pepsi Kool Aid. Pepsi has their hand so far up his ass he might as well be the spokes person for Pepsi.
It's not really about boosting Pepsi, I actually prefer RC cola and gingerale. It's more about disliking the fact that people are so easily manipulated. Logic, or perhaps foolish optimism stands that when you show people the light of reason they will throw off their old shackles and be enriched by knowledge. The reality however is that 200 years after Darwin we're still teaching creationism in schools. Some people are uncomfortable when they see the prestige, I guess they prefer the comfort of familiarity the old bonds had and their reaction is less than thanks. There's an old Sryian proverb that says "If you're going to tell the truth, have one foot in the stirrup".

There's no hand up my ass, but if you can pull your head out of yours for a moment you might want to survey the landscape. You haven't responded to anything I've said rationally. You only continue to chime that "I don't believe it har har har." Just entertain the suggestion a minute and do some reading eh? That said, taste isn't something rational, so you don't have to convert on my account. Just get your facts straight.

There's a difference between saying "Coca-Cola is better," and saying "I like Coca-Cola better."

You can prove that such a preference is based on something other than the actual flavor, but that doesn't make such a preference wrong. I think Coke and Pepsi taste different. If the difference is based on a psychological trick, that doesn't really change the fact that in the presence of the trick they taste different (to me).

You're right.

Actually, it wasn't my intent to derail the thread, I simply caught Alex J saying that Pepsi has been trying to get Coke's formula, greatone1939 said that said that was great logic and I knew for a fact that that was an outright falsehood. The inverse is actually true and Pepsi has no reason to even want coke's formula as theirs has already been scientifically proven to taste better. If they did get said formula and switched they'ed suddenly have the same lousy soda without the image and not have a leg to stand on. In light of that proof, the reason why they like coke had to be explained or at least offered, and Lindstrom has that explanation complete with the manual override documented via brainscans for incontrovertible evidence... that some people controvert.

A wrong opinion? No I wouldn't say that. Just because you know the facts doesn't mean you have to run out and buy 20 bottles of Pepsi cola, say 20 hail Pepsies and beg for forgiveness. Not everyone honestly does prefer Pepsi to Coke when you take away the labels, I've always offered that caveat. Maybe you are one of the dissenting opinion. What's amazing though is that you won't even entertain for a moment the idea what you could be brainwashed, in fact you seem outright offended at the suggestion and even defend the idea that you aren't tooth and nail. If you were, how would you know? It's like I insulted your religion or something. I think you underestimate the power of suggestion. Or perhaps you underestimate the power of your own mind and it's ability to deceive you.

It's not really about boosting Pepsi, I actually prefer RC cola and gingerale. It's more about disliking the fact that people are so easily manipulated. Logic, or perhaps foolish optimism stands that when you show people the light of reason they will throw off their old shackles and be enriched by knowledge. The reality however is that 200 years after Darwin we're still teaching creationism in schools. Some people are uncomfortable when they see the prestige, I guess they prefer the comfort of familiarity the old bonds had and their reaction is less than thanks. There's an old Sryian proverb that says "If you're going to tell the truth, have one foot in the stirrup".

There's no hand up my ass, but if you can pull your head out of yours for a moment you might want to survey the landscape. You haven't responded to anything I've said rationally. You only continue to chime that "I don't believe it har har har." Just entertain the suggestion a minute and do some reading eh? That said, taste isn't something rational, so you don't have to convert on my account. Just get your facts straight.

You're right.

Actually, it wasn't my intent to derail the thread, I simply caught Alex J saying that Pepsi has been trying to get Coke's formula, greatone1939 said that said that was great logic and I knew for a fact that that was an outright falsehood. The inverse is actually true and Pepsi has no reason to even want coke's formula as theirs has already been scientifically proven to taste better. If they did get said formula and switched they'ed suddenly have the same lousy soda without the image and not have a leg to stand on. In light of that proof, the reason why they like coke had to be explained or at least offered, and Lindstrom has that explanation complete with the manual override documented via brainscans for incontrovertible evidence... that some people controvert.

It's nice that YOU replied now, because your reply actually comes with logic. I must say though, have you ever thought for a moment that maybe Pepsi brainwashed you into thinking that Coke brainwashes the masses? HMMM?

My whole point above is that an opinion can not be wrong, because it's not the statement of a fact. It's not my opinion that 2+2=4... it's a mathematical Fact. I can't have an opinion that 2+2=8479, because it's a statement.

Technically, you triggered a thread derailment, however it was not YOU who derailed it. I'm half to blame. =(
I also can't continue the argument, because iKotomi doesn't even get what we are arguing about anymore...

*snaps fingers*

Also, always happy to see another civ player :).

Romans myself. Civ IV gave the Praetorian a heck of a rush.

Heh, I'm pretty horrible at the game because I'm too lazy to manage a war. I only started a few months ago, so I don't have years of experience like some of my friends. I can win somewhat consistently on Noble via Space Race, but as of now, I think that's the only way I could pull out a win at that difficulty. I usually play as English because of I like the financial trait.

So Mr. Rational, is it really rational to seriously argue with someone on the internet about how pepsi is better than coke online? I am doing it for kicks so of course I am not going to take you seriously. Your proven scientific facts are neither, someone writes a book on it so its right? A book is just something someone wrote, doesn't mean its true. Think about this, if everyone thinks Coke is better because of brainwashing wouldn't I know the taste of Coke? If so wouldn't I be able to taste Coke with a blind fold on? Therefore the blind taste test wouldn't have a 9/10 shutdown would it. But of course everything I say is completely wrong because everything is say isn't rational.

You think it tastes good because you've been brainwashed into thinking it tastes good because its coke. The taste of the coke isn't even involved, since its the power of suggestion that is making you taste the coke a certain way. When you put on a blind fold, suggestion is no longer a factor, and you are deciding purely by your sense of taste. Which is the purpose of such a test...

So what you are saying I should put on a blind fold when eating everything because everything is a lie? That makes sense, I bet chicken tastes awful with a blindfold on.

So what you are saying I should put on a blind fold when eating everything because everything is a lie? That makes sense, I bet chicken tastes awful with a blindfold on.

THE CHICKEN IS A LIE!

(non-caps for yo' bitchassness)

If putting a blind-fold on makes you think that pepsi tastes better than coke, you've probably been duped by the coca-cola company.

If putting a blind-fold on makes you think chicken taste awful, you've probably been duped pretty badly by foster farms.

If you haven't been duped, you wouldn't notice the difference. Clearly not everyone has been tricked, since not everyone chooses coke over pepsi, but a lot of people that claim they like coke better can't even tell their favorite drink apart when they can't see the damn label is probably saying something about how much better their drink is...

I like how you think it is one sided brainwashing like Pepsi doesn't spend millions on advertising lol. Pepsi is a innocent hardworking company that doesn't dupe people. Like there was no way in hell Pepsi could of made the blind taste test to get people to buy their product, that could never happen lol.

If you haven't been duped, you wouldn't notice the difference. Clearly not everyone has been tricked, since not everyone chooses coke over pepsi, but a lot of people that claim they like coke better can't even tell their favorite drink apart when they can't see the damn label is probably saying something about how much better their drink is...
Not everyone's sense of taste works the same. I can easily tell Coke from Pepsi just by taste. Not everyone can. Some people even insist that Pepsi throwback tastes just like regular Pepsi rather than the truth. (Definitely not as sweet, tastes more like tea.)

Better's kinda iffy here. If you like sweeter drinks, Pepsi's the winner. If you want less sweetness, Coke is better.

I wonder if seeing KFC chicken would make it taste better or worse... lol. And the reason msot can't tell which is which in a taste test is because ppl have killed their tatse buds over the year with so much damn salt o.O

Back